Landscape Contractors & Designers

Reviews for Phoenix Landscape Contracting

Lindsay in Toronto
Lindsay in Toronto

Fence project

Jakub made an agreement with my 85 year old nieghbour to remove and replace our shared fence without my prior knowledge. The version of a contract received was a written amount on the back of their business card.

The first day of the job they showed up at 330pm. They were late the second day too. I asked on day one and day two about getting a contract. Jakub said he would do it but it never appeared. I asked one of his labourers if they were putting in a shadow board fence. The employee didn’t even know what that was, which you would expect someone in the industry to be familiar with.

I was frustrated by day 3 of not having a contract or an agreement and said it was inappropriate to start a job without something in writing so everyone knew what the plan was. This resulted in Jakub calling me and yelling at me over the phone saying it was none of my business, I didn’t hire him and he doesn’t know why he has to deal with me.

I made it clear that it has everything to do with me since I co own the fence that was torn out and will partially own the one going in. Also his crew is on my property to do the install. He continued to be aggressive to the point of abusive on the phone until I told him that we would obviously not agree and I did not see the point in continuing the conversation.

In regards to the product. His business card contract did say 6 ft fence, however what was installed is only 5 feet high. Single sided and leaving one foot gaps in some places along the bottom.

To this day I have not seen a contract or a warranty for the fence.

It appears that this same person with the same phone number was previously running a business under the name Creative Ideas Landscaping that has a 38% star score and many reviews commenting on poor customer service, late arrivals to jobs, poor workmanship and unfinished work.

Once again I was hired by Maria not you. We did what we were asked to do and then some. Maria wanted the fence to be 5 feet high. The fence was built by Maria's late husband 20 years ago. The original fence was 5 feet high and leaning over Maria's yard. It was a safety issue, also working in the rain with power tools is a safety issue. Which out of the 5 days that we were there it rained for 2 days. Maria and her daughter's were very satisfied with the workmanship. In terms of my guys not knowing what you were talking about is because we use different terms. Perhaps bord on bord or staggered look but once again we did exactly what the homeowner that HIRED Me wanted. Which was exactly how it was before, 5 foot hight and finished on one side. I was advised , since you didn't pay for any of the fence not to deal with you only with Maria and her daughter's . We had a verbal agreement that it was fulfilled. For your information Maria was provided with a written warranty. I would strongly suggest finding a hobby of some sort.

c.j.darnley
c.j.darnley
1 review Port Perry, ON

Garden retaining wall and interlock driveway

Pickering
L1W 2V8

The work was excellent. I am very happy with the craftsmanship. Everyone was very polite and mannerly. I would highly recommend Phoenix Contracting. It's so nice to know that there are still companies who put quality first and have high standards.

Thank You for the kind words.

tanyamiller
tanyamiller
1 review Whitby, ON

Natural stone patio and retaining wall

Phoenix landscaping did an amazing job! The owner came to quote the job and his workers were very professional and respectful of both us and our neighbours. The job was completed on time and within budget. (No hidden extras!) highly recommend them.

It's been a pleasure working with you as well.

xeniasuperstar
xeniasuperstar
1 review Pickering, ON

Fence

Pickering
L1W 2V8

Jakub and his crew removed our old fence, installed new posts and fence in 4 days. It looks great - good quality work and very efficient. Highly recommended!

Thank You.

jami.81
jami.81

Retaining garden wall

Everything turned out even better then we had thought it would. We were very please with the work that was done in front of our house. We had many quotes and many different ideas, but this was one of the best designs that was brought to us. Very pleased with the

Thank you. It's been a pleasure working with you and your family.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Interlocking Back Yard Patio

I found Phoenix Contracting and the owner Jacob very friendly and efficient. He explained everything in detail. He took my concerns into consideration. His timeline was accurate. His fee was quite reasonable, and trust me, I shopped around! My patio was completed to my satisfaction. I would definitely hire him again. I have and will recommend him to my friends and family!

Thank you for the opportunity working with you guys. It was definitely challenging but I'm always up for a little bit of challenge. I'm glad you like it.

John R.
John R.
1 review Pickering, ON

landscaping

Phoenix replaced my old asphalt driveway with interlock stone, as well as added a retaining wall and steps. I was a little hesitant at first, having there quote come in at almost 20% lower than the competitor but was pleasantly surprised with the quality of work and the professionalism in which it was done. These guys worked every day, rain or shine and finished the job on time.I would definitely recommend these guys!

Thank You Sir you are a kind man. I really enjoyed working on your project and once again thank you for the amazing ribs. They were to die for.

More about Phoenix Landscape Contracting

Welcome to Phoenix Landscape Contracting. Personally I specialize in natural stone repair and installation. We have a great team of experienced and well trained individuals who will help you create the project of your dreams. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Pickering?