Tack Construction Services

JC in Kanata
JC in Kanata
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Siding Replacement

Dustin and his crew completely transformed our house, replacing virtually the entire exterior of the home from sheathing out. We now have great looking, much better insulated and leak-free home that the neighbours stop to admire. Dustin is transparent, honest and meticulous in his attention to detail. I would recommend Tack Construction to anyone looking for a contractor and would gladly hire for another project.

It was a pleasure working for you. You where prepared and knowledgeable on what you wanted. I agree your place looks amazing. I will be adding pictures to my gallery so everyone can see how great it turned out.

Walter
Walter
1 review Ottawa, ON

Removal and Installation of new exterior vinyl siding

Professional service at a reasonable price. One part of the installation was different than what we expected and we followed up with Tack. They returned the next day and completed our request. Clean up after the job was done was excellent and they removed and disposed of all scrap. We will use Tack again for future projects and recommend their services to our neighbours.

Thank you for the review Walter.
It was a pleasure working on your project and getting the end results you like.
Great clients to work for.

Craig J
Craig J
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great chimney and siding repair!

Dustin and his small crew did a great job with a nightmare of a project. They were able to reframe my chimney after some extensive long term water damage behind the vinyl siding. They kept me updated throughout the project and left the job site spotless. I would not hesitate to use their services again.

Hello Craig

Thank you for the amazing review. Your job was definitely challenging but we where up to the task.
We would definitely work for you again. You are an amazing client.

Dustin , Lee and Rob

Siding

Unfinished job . The work done was not up to the standard expected ..Dustin did a very good job to our neighbours siding , yet nothing comparable to what he did with ours unfortunately .

I do not know who this is. Nor do i appreciate the negative review. ALL of my work is above an beyond. If you have an issue pick up the phone and call me. You have not called me because i would be aware of this.

THANKS

Siding install

The job was to remove two layers of old siding, add additional insulation, and install new vinyl to the house. Dustin and his team were efficient, clean, and professional. Their workmanship and attention to detail are top notch, and I would definitely recommend.

Thank you Chris for the review. It was great working for you and making your home more energy efficient and beautiful.
I look forward to any future work you may have.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Siding repair

I hired Dustin of Tack to repair a leak in the siding of my house. I explained to him that I had two other companies attempt to fix the issue and both were not able to fix the issue after multiple trips back.

Tack failed to properly assess the cause of the leak. They attempted a repair job and it did not fix the issue. Later I hired another company who was able to properly assess the cause and fix the issue on their first try.

I am glad the issue is fixed now. May have been multiple places it was leaking. I am not sure which client this is. I did not receive a phone call back. TACK warranties all work performed. If you can reach out to me i am willing to fully refund you upon inspection and confirmation of what was or was not done correctly.

Simon in Ottawa
Simon in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Exterior of addition and interlock/driveway

Dustin did almost every aspect of the exterior finishes of our addition: house wrap, strapping, cultured stone, Hardie board, cedar, vinyl board-and-batten, all metalwork including fascia, soffit, window flashing, and caulking. The only exterior finishes he didn't do were the roof shingles, eavestroughs and foundation parging (no doubt he could have done those too but we had other contractors lined up). The 700 square foot addition including basement was a complicated project which required tying in to the existing house, a complicated roofline and angled walls. We are definitely perfectionist clients, and Dustin delivered with really fine workmanship.

When the project was complete, Dustin heard that we were looking for a contractor to do an interlock pathway and interlock/asphalt driveway, so we extended our contract to include that as well. The interlock project was also complex, and again we were very satisfied with the outcome.

We constantly receive compliments on the final product. It's hard to imagine finding someone with the breadth of skills that Dustin has but also the attention to detail. We'd highly recommend him.

It was an absolute pleasure working for you guys. The work completed challenged me to not only perfect my trade but provided growth. I have your job saved in my Homestars gallery. You both where very decisive and very helpful in areas that proved to be challenging. I would definitely work with you guys again. I am excited for the next project.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

That guy everyone recommends !

Such a great guy. Treats his employees really well. Goes out of his way to do the work that you need. No wonder he has the outstanding reviews that he does.

Thank you very much for your honesty. Not sure who wrote this review. It is greatly appreciated.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Wonderful attitude

I had a poor job done on the replacement of the shingles on my mansard roof a number of years ago, and shingles have been falling down for some time. I am not ready to have the whole roof redone because most of the shingles are secure, but getting someone to nail back a fallen shingle is very difficult. Companies aren’t interested in such a small job. Being s senior, I am wise enough to know that it is a bad idea ti do it myself. Tack was doing a major job on a house down the street, and we asked if they could come over and put back the shingle. I was willing to pay any reasonable price. They said they would come over when they had a chance and “settle up”.

The next day We heard banging on our roof. they had come over and reinstalled the shingle. I asked how much it was fir the work, and They replied that there was no charge. I I tried to pay them something, but they smiled and refused payment.

I can’t comment on the quality of their work based on a single shingle, but with their attitude towards their work they are the company that I want working on my property.

Ps. I indicated an amount of $1 because the form didn’t accept 0

It was our pleasure. I can understand how difficult it is to find someone for these small jobs. I think the home made baking Rob and i received was more then fair payment. Yummy is all we could say. Thank you very much for such a kind review and as well the delicious home baking.

Garrett
Garrett

Vinyl Siding, Soffit and Fascia installation

Back in January, I started the process of searching for a contractor to install vinyl siding, metal soffit and fascia to replace out existing rotten siding, soffit and fascia. Tack Construction was prompt at getting in touch with me and arranging a time that worked with my schedule to give me a quote. After a few months of searching for other contractors to get additional quotes (covid really slowed the process), I decided to hire Tack Construction for the project, as they were the most affordable, reachable, transparent and honest. Dustin laid out the scope of work and his labourer, Rob, did not vary from it. No corners were cut and they delivered on their promise. The quality of their work was above what I expected and I am extremely satisfied with the finished project. They cleaned up their workspace and always gave me an update at the end of each day. If you are looking to hire a siding contractor, you need to get a quote from Tack Construction at the very least, you won't be disappointed by their work.

Hello Garrett
Thank you very much for the honest review. I am glad to have had the opportunity to provide my services and prove that quality always trumps quantity. I took your feed back from a conversation we had and we are continuing to grow as a small high end company. I look forward to any future work you may have.
Take care.

More about Tack Construction Services

TACK construction is a family-operated and managed business that's been serving Ottawa and area since 2017. Our business is committed to maintaining superior quality and great relationships with all of our clients. not only do we want to serve you, but we also want to be able to meet your desired outcome on any project we engage. From new siding, insulation, garage & window capping, roofing, eavestrough, leaf guard etc.
NOTE: Due to the current situation, TACK is engaging in safe practices. Complete estimates will be completed without in-person client interaction. We will do estimates from outdoors and connect with clients via email and phone to discuss things such as material selections and design. We want to ensure that everyone's safety is top priority.