Quality Home Services Inc

Caledonia ON N3W 2C2
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Caledonia  >  Quality Home Services Inc

Reviews for Quality Home Services Inc

Karen Spadafora in Toronto
Karen Spadafora in Toronto

Hardwood Flooring Replacement, Kitchen backsplash

This review comes a little late and for this I apologize to Quality Home Services, Phill and Elizabeth and crew.
We could not say enough about the beautiful and professional look of our new flooring which was actually Engineered Hardwood and the finishing touches on our new kitchen which included the backsplash and window and door trim. After countless letdowns from other contractors failing to show or call, we contacted QHS at the suggestion of a good friend who had used them many times. QHS was always here when they said they would be, worked tirelessly, neatly and provided excellent ideas to enhance the job. As a bonus, they are all lovely people and you feel so comfortable having them working on your home. Our home is a 65 year old bungalow with original flooring so there were many challenges to the flooring so we were so happy with the product and the job. Wonderful company and crew 10++, we will definitely be calling them for our bathroom down the road. Thanks to QHS.

Ian and Linda Halupka from Mississauga
Ian and Linda Halupka from Mississauga

Laminate flooring installation

We purchased laminate flooring from Design Carpet & Hardwood who contracts Quality Home Services for installation. We were extremely pleased with both the workmanship and the service.

We especially appreciated Phill's proactive approach as he provided transition variations one week prior to project start up in order to prevent problems and /or disappointments at the time of installation.

Phill, Michael, Andrew and Elizabeth work as a team and are punctual, competent and a pleasure to work with. Their work ethics are second to none. We would highly recommend them and will be contracting them again for other projects down the road.

Tom elliott in Caledonia
Tom elliott in Caledonia
4 reviews CALEDONIA, ON

Furnace AC replacement

Very professional job lived up to their quote and did a little extra work thatvwas needed on the ductwork at no charge have followed up with us to make sure all is well they showed us how to look after it and return each year to ensure all is working well for a minmal charge was done 2 years ago great job

Brian & Annie in Mississauga
Brian & Annie in Mississauga

Flooring

We purchased new hardwood flooring for the living room and dining room through Design Carpet & Hardwood (Frank Micallef is the owner and I could not be any happier with the service he provides. We also had Design Carpet & Hardwood do our basement flooring several years ago).

Phill Murray of Quality Home Services was sent out by Frank to install the flooring. When the flooring was delivered we noticed that many of the boards had filler in them that was the colour of pink bubble gum (Not Frank or Phill's fault as it came in boxes from the factory like that). Phill immediately called Frank and he came over right away. Without hesitation Frank replaced the entire order with a different type of wood that we found we liked even better.

The installation job performed by Phill of Quality Home Services was absolutely top notch. There was a problem where the hardwood met the tile floor in our hallway in that the builder had not layed the tile correctly and as a result it did not come up to the right height meaning that the hardwood was higher than the tile. Phill ran back to Design Carpet & Hardwood and brought back several boards of a darker contrasting colour out of which he hand bevelled sill plates to go in wherever the flooring met the tile. Absolutely genious!! And the result was stunning to look at.

As part of the flooring installation job, Phill was also going to do some minor repair of the laminate flooring in our finished basement. While working downstairs Phill noticed that there were signs of water damage to some of the boards. Upon further inspection Phill discoved that there was a crack in our foundation. Being a General Contractor Phill was able to get a basement leak repair contractor to come in very short order. The crack was sealed and Phill repaired the flooring, drywall and painted everything. Now, we would never even know there had been any damage.

Phill did such a great job that we asked him to also paint our main floor and second floor hallways and ceilings. Beautiful job.

Phill goes beyond the normal course of business in ensuring customer satisfaction. His work is of the highest quality, he is punctual, performing the work as and when he promised, and he is a delight to deal with. We highly recomment the services of Quality Home Services.

It was our absolute pleasure to meet you & assist in renovations at your home. We will also go “above & beyond” to work through Design Carpet & Hardwood (Frank Micallef), as he is an “outstanding” businessman & always conducts business the same way that we like to operate.
Quality Home Services treat our client’s home like our own – hence the attention to detail. We operate on the premise that we would like to return to assist in future projects or for you to refer us to your family, friends or associates. Nicely put “we’re not going away”.
Please also be assured that we will be around to have a look at your downspout & we'll see you soon.
Thank you again, for the opportunity of working with you. Phill & Elizabeth Murray

Debbie in Mississauga
Debbie in Mississauga

fencing

Phil had our deck up in no time. He showed up when he said he would and the fence is beautiful. I would strongly recommend him for any kind of project.

Thank you so much for your review of our work done at your home. We also appreciated doing the painting & must say your kitchen renovation is exceptional! Look forward to working with you again. Take Care! Phill & Elizabeth

Bathtub removal and re-install

This is my second experience with Phill and his team from Quality Home Services.
The scope of my current project was small (jacuzzi removal and soaker tub replacement); but important to a functional bathroom.
A few years ago, I had renovated a fair portion of my master ensuite (toilet, vanity, floors, and tile surrounding my bathtub). I had left my original Jaccuzi tub (with its new tile surround), because it was functional. This was a mistake! The tub came to leak a year or so later leaked.
Before ever working with Phill @ Quality Home Services earlier this year, I had contacted a few of the "highly rated" Plumbers and bathroom renovators listed here on Homestars. Of the 4 or 5 I called, none of them were willing to visit my home or provide accurate over the phone assessments. The common explanation I got was the the tub had to be removed from underneath (ie. open ceiling below) and/or required all my "new" tile surround to be smashed out. I was worried.

My luck changed when Phill @ Quality Home Services (QSH) (via Design Carpet and Hardwood) completed a flooring project for me in May 2010.

Phill took a look at my bathtub problem, honestly assessed the situation, and recommended his Plumber confirm the job was possible. A short time thereafter, the Plumber from QSH (Rick) confirmed the job was highly do-able, with none of the unusual excuses I heard from the top rated contractors I spoke to previously. After speaking with Rick, I was comfortable that that job (while a bit awkward) was not uncommon. (Unlike the other contractors I had spoken with, who made the project sound like a highly destructive process).

So, the work was scheduled, I shopped for a new soaker tub for my bathroom...and within a reasonable timeframe, Phill and Rick completed the job to my total satisfaction. The existing jacuzzi tub was removed without any damage to my previous renovation work. Rick was able to accomodate my desired orientation for my faucet (different from previous) and fit the tub perfectly into the existing surround.
Phill and Rick were honest from start to finish. The work was clean and well done. You would never know that a different tub once sat in the same position as my new one.

I would highly recommend Quality Home Services. If it wasn't for them, I think I'd still be stuck with an old, faulty Jacuzzi tub in my master ensuite. I'm very appreciative of their willingness to take on a smaller project, give an honest assessment, and fit it into their schedules. They were always kind and informative throughout the project.
I previously recommended Quality Home Services for its great flooring work, I can highly recommend them for any bathroom work that you may require.

We would like to issue you a special thank you .... it was our absolute pleasure to met you and appreciate your professional approach to your home. We like to go "above & beyond" and treat our homeowner's homes like our own & enjoy working in this capacity.

As general contractors we appreciate your recommendation for any renovations and thank you for your attention to detail.

From our team @ Quality Home Services

Rick in Mississauga
Rick in Mississauga

Bathroom renovation

Phil Murray of Quality Home Services came 3rd party and highly recomended to help us in renovating our bathroom in May. We were a little nervous by trusting stranger's to do the work for us (1st time when we were away) but discovered just how good Phil's team really was when we got home. In the middle of the job, heavy rain caused damage to our B/R ceiling coming in through a a leak in the roof. Unable to reach us, Phil's team quickly tarped the roof, dried out the attic and insulation and repaired the ceiling for us until we got back and could call a roofer in. It delayed the job, but Phil used great judgement and treated it like it was his own home. Thanks Phil, we got a great looking bathroom now since you and your guy's went the extra mile. We'll gladly have you back in future. Rick Palmer

Thank you for writing a review for Quality Home Services. As you know no job is too small for us and we enjoy helping our clients obtain the level of satisfaction that they want in their homes.

We look forward to working with you again - the team @ Quality Home Services.

Flooring

Phill of Quality Home Services performed an exceptional and detail-oriented installation of laminate flooring in my master bedroom and walk-in closet. Phill and his crew performed a very clean installation. Phill and his team arrived on time and completed the job to perfection. Phill doesn't rush the job, and ensures that the final project results would meet his own home's expectations.
I would highly recommend Phill and his team for any flooring project. His general contracting crew is also capable of larger projects (bathrooms & Kitchens).
Thanks Phill.
Mike

Misty in Caledonia
Misty in Caledonia
2 reviews Caledonia, ON

Gas Line installation for BBQ and Deck Heater

The service was great. Came out to do a peliminary inspection, gave a quote and that's exactly what we paid. Prompt, courteous service. Our gas lines were going to have to be increased to accomodate our outdoor gas heater as well as our bbq. They explained exactly what was going to be done and how. We felt confident about the work before it started and were very happy when it was completed.