General Contractors
Mississauga ON L5B 0C1
Basement Renovation

best of 2019 winnerbest of 2019winner

Reviews for D.M.I. Construction & Electric Inc.

Darko O.
Darko O.

Bathroom Renovation, floor heating and lighting

The work consisted of a complete bathroom renovation. DMI Construction first teardown evening old without making not too much damage and insuring that my place did not get too dirty. They were very professional as a company and also, how they conducted themselves with us. They finished the work within the agreed time and they always showed up on time every morning. We are very satisfied on how the DMI Construction managed this project. Saying all of that, the best part is the quality and craftsmanship of the work. The Tile work is absolutely amazing and they really took their time to make sure everything was just right and the way we wanted. Floor heating, lighting and tile was all done to perfection.

Hi Darko :
Thank you for the review.
It was nice to work with you and hope to see you in future projects.

Jeff of Mississauga
Jeff of Mississauga

Whole Home Renovation

Within 10 minutes of meeting Denis I knew I was going to hire him. He was kind, professional and was excited about his work. D.M.I was only the second contractor thought that I interviewed so I had to get more opinions before deciding on giving him the job. By the time I had gotten four additional quotes Denis was about to go on holidays though and I would have to wait 7 weeks if I wanted him on the job. While disappointed to have to wait he proved to be more then worth it.

In all, my home renovation consisted of 4 main phases, the first being my basement restoration after a flood. He got the job done in the three weeks that he promised and in all redid drywalling, installed new vinyl flooring and new trim work and gutted and installed a new three piece bathroom. He enhanced the electrics, and handled the job like a true professional. In fact we liked his work so much we had him do the flooring and trims in an extra room in the basement and even with the extra work finished the job on time.

We were so happy with the work that from that point on we had our contractor and we ended up spending the next three months redoing the entire house in three phases. In short Denis and his team redid three and a half bathrooms (including my dream master bathroom), removed the popcorn ceilings on two and a half stories of the house, installed over 70 mini LEB pot lights, completely remodelled our kitchen and laundry rooms and framed and installed closets in three bedrooms. D.M.I redid the plumbing in virtually the entire house and upgraded the electrics where needed. In short D.M.I basically had a hand in upgrading everything in the house.

Denis is very well connected and was able to point us in the right direction to suppliers for things like tiles, paint, fixtures, flooring, and our appliances all with substantial discounts.

While Denis and his father Stipo (a quiet yet expert problem solver) did most of the work D.M.I did recommended specialists for things like our kitchen and laundry room cabinets, master bathroom glass shower enclosure, custom wainscotting and granite countertops. He would make the introductions, coordinate with the specialists, do all the necessary pre construction and for total transparency would have us pay them directly with NO price mark ups.

To give you an idea what it is like to work with D.M.I, there were many times when I would add to the job or request something be changed. Denis simply made note and got right to it. To stretch my renovation budget other then the ceilings, painting was never part of the contract and yet Denis came in one evening to help me do trim edging and painted the second floor stairway for me because I was unsure if I could do the jobs neatly and safely. He did not accept any additional payment and simply stated that he was happy that I was happy. He helped move heavy furniture on a number of occasions and took a real interest in the job. At times I think he thought about some of the final details more then I did and designed many of the finishings himself.

I could go on and on about how happy I am with D.M.I but let me sum up my experience this way. I wont be calling any other contractors again, as I have no need to. I would use D.M.I again in a heartbeat. D.M.I was neither the cheapest nor most expensive contractor that I got quotes from but was the best contractor I could have possibly hoped for. In fact I think of Denis and his Dad Stipo more as friends now then as contractors and am really glad we got a chance to work with them on our house.

Thank you D.M.I for making my house into my dream home.

Thank you for the great review!! Really appreciate it

Visuvabharathy
Visuvabharathy

Bathroom Renovation

Mississauga
L5B 0C1

Reasonable, Flexible and gets work done on time. Works with customer to understand requirements and meet their expectations.

Hello Visu :
It was nice & easy to work with you.
Thank you & hope to see you again in near future

Mathieu F.
Mathieu F.

Pot-lights/Bathroom Renovation/Basement Tiles/Pipe Repairs

I have been using Denis'services since I bought my house 3 years ago. All what I can say is that I never had to use anyone else. Denis and his team always delivered quality work. He installed 28 pot-lights, put tiles in my basement and fixed all the leaks, renovated my bathroom, installed my TV on the wall...In case of emergencies, you can count on him and his team as well.
I would lhighly recommend his services!

Thank you Mr. Mathieu.
It was pleasure working with you as always.
Hope to see you again.
Cheers !

Dragana
Dragana

Tiling, powder room

We hired DMI to do work for us in the basement after we had a flood, work was done on time ,the way we wanted, they did a great job and our powder room looks great! Denis and his crew were punctual and went an extra mile for us, we already recommend them for other projects !

Thank you Dragana ,it was nice working with you & of course thank you for recommendations.
Hope to see you in future .
Cheers !!

Debbie
Debbie

Bathroom renovation and front entrance floors

I had a leak behind my bathtub which damaged the floor in the front entrance outside my bathroom as well as the wall behind the tub. Denis was professional and told me what he could do for me and provided a quote. During the renovations, he always kept me informed of what he was doing and the progress of the reno. He installed a new tub, new tiles and removed the damaged floor in the hallway and put in tiles. The end product was fabulous! I am extremely happy with the work he did and I will definitely use his services again. I've already recommended his services to a friend. Thank you Denis!

Thank you Debbie ,it was pleasure working with you.
I would be more than happy to work with you again.
Thank you again,cheers !!!

jayabaluja
jayabaluja

Service

He is very professional and knows what he is doing. He always tries to help . I would fully recommend him .

Thank you Jaya.
It was nice working with you !

JSP A.
JSP A.

Office Renovation

What can I say about D.M.I.? Denis and his crew came in and in a couple of weeks, we had a new office. Simple as that. They were professional and went above and beyond what needed to be done. He had good advice for us and we ended up implementing
many of his suggestions. Everything was done professionally and they left the project in a very clean condition (a rarity in the construction industry). I would definitely recommend D.M.I. to everyone that asks. 10/10

Thank you JSP,it was nice working with you and hope to see you again .

louei.costa
louei.costa

Kitchen backsplash

Dennis and his partner were clean on time and professional.he is very patient and goes the extra effort to please the customer.i would highly recommend dmi construction to anyone looking for professional work ,good value for your dollar,,fantastic customer service, and peace of mind .top stars to dmi construction

It was nice working with you and hope to seeing you in future projects .

Irene
Irene

Bathroom

Bathroom renovation. Including new shower, vanity, decorative tile.
Denis and his associates were prompt and reliable. We had to wait for an opening in his schedule but the wait was well worth it.
Denis managed the entire project including overseeing the custom shower glass.
We are very pleased with the quality of work and look forward to working with DMI in the near future.

Thank you Irene.
It was nice working with you and hope to see you again as my client.

More about D.M.I. Construction & Electric Inc.

House/condo Renovation