Northern Developments

Reviews for Northern Developments

CG in midtown
CG in midtown

Fence

After one side of our fence fell in the midst of a pandemic, Ben came out immediately to offer a quote. He appreciated the urgency of this situation and was responsive to discussions that needed attention with neighbours. We were impressed by the quality of their craftsmanship, efficiency, and quick turnover. Price was very reasonable, fence looks solid, and they were thorough in their clean up after the job. Ben and Brendan exemplify professionalism and integrity. They were skilled communicators and their calm demeanour made them a pleasure to work with. Their crew was fantastic, personable, and polite. We hope to have them back to replace our deck, shed, and other side of the fence.

Backyard Shed

The guys at Northern Developments built an 8x4 shed in my backyard and did a tremendous job. They put a huge amount of attention into the details, being very thoughtful about design and structure. They are highly dependable, do what they say they are going to do, and keep their working environment very clean. I'd highly recommend the Northern Development team to anyone.

Nvesely
Nvesely

Deck

Our 20 year old deck was in need of replacement.
Jason and his team were innovative
In their approach, displayed excellent work
Habits and excellent carpentry skills.
Jason was open to our requests, pleasant to deal with, and produced a beautiful deck
that will last a long time.

Ann in Toronto
Ann in Toronto

Deck & Fence

Northern Developments was the first of my three quotes. Ben showed up when he said he would, provided his quote in detail and was in constant contact with me throughout the project. He also answered all my questions along the way and would inform me of any issues that would effect the original quote. Northern Developments went above and beyond working around other contractors, showed up early each morning and stayed well into the evenings to get my deck done so I could enjoy it before the end of summer. Very professional, neat, and accommodating. I am beyond happy with my deck and fence and would certainly recommend and use them for any future projects.

Thanks for the kind words Ann! It was a pleasure working for you on this project and we hope you enjoy the new deck! All the best - Ben & Brendan

Zeina in Toronto
Zeina in Toronto

Absolutely loved working with them!

We absolutely loved working with Northern Developments. They completed a carport for us and their work was clean. They were very patient in discussing the work and were quick to resolve issues. Showed up when they said they would and completed the project when they said they would. Would definitely consider hiring again.

Jamie
Jamie

Deck

Brendan, Ben and their team did a fantastic job building our deck! The project involved demolition of the existing deck and building a new larger deck, two staircases, and concrete landing pads. I'm always very particular about the contractors and tradespeople I hire and I could not have been more pleased with the outcome. Their workmanship is excellent and they were always available to discuss my questions and suggestions throughout the project. We are especially pleased with the winder (corner) staircase as well as their suggestion to change the width of the main staircase. Widening the main staircase to seven feet is a striking architectural element, and with less railing on that side sightlines were improved. Due to the deck size and height, we had a building permit and the city inspector passed everything without any issues. Brendan and Ben structured the deck above and beyond code requirements and it looks great! If you're considering replacing a deck or any outdoor project you should give these guys a call. They do fantastic work!

Gerry C.
Gerry C.

Installation of deck and pagoda

I was extremely happy with the quality of work done by Northern Developments. The crew was very hard-working, thoughtful and polite throughout the building process and made every effort to get the deck and pagoda completed in a timely manner. They clearly discussed all options with me and were keen to ensure I got exactly what I wanted from them. Many thanks to Northern Developments!

jessszirtes
jessszirtes

Excellent team, Amazing results!

Thank you for the beautiful fence and making it happen during the horrible winter weather. We would definitely recommend Northern Developments to our friends and family :) :) :) :)

Zeina
Zeina

New Carport

I found Northern Developments on Homestars, and glad I did.They recently completed a carport for us, their work was fantastic. We met, planned, and they got to work. Few things here and there that I had to decide on or that I even asked them to change as we go, and they were super patient with requests. They have great experience, do fantastic work. Parts of what needed to be done for the carport was new to them, they didn’t shy away from a challenge, took the time to learn it and did it right the first time. We have a small issue that came up shortly after they left, I reached out to them right away, and they’ve committed to come back and fix it soon, they guarantee their work. I’ll be reaching out to them again this summer for part 2 of the project!

Ruta from Mississauga
Ruta from Mississauga

Very Pleased

Ben and Brenden did a great job with my backyard fence. Very happy with the finished product. They are also very well spoken and polite-a pleasure to work with and would highly recommend.

More about Northern Developments

Northern Developments is the GTA’s trusted leader in outdoor design and construction.

Our team is committed to delivering a finished product that will drastically improve your outdoor living space and exceed expectations.

Don't wait until summer is over! Give Ben (647-379-1188) or Brendan (416-828-9502) a call now to arrange a free quote.

Specializing in, but not limited to, custom decks, fences, sheds, gazebos, pergolas, cabanas, bars, roofs, stairs, porches, arbors, privacy walls, gates, post holes and helical screw piles.

We install various finish materials: brown pressure treated lumber, cedar, pvc, composite and vinyl. Railing/privacy wall options include: brown pt, cedar, aluminum, glass, frosted glass, composite, pvc and vinyl. We are comfortable working with various installation methods, fasteners and hardware and can make your outdoor structure fully waterproof.

We will fit the project within your budget, meet all your individual needs and deliver in a timely manner.

Every project adheres to local building code and will pass inspection.

Whether commercial or residential work, rough framing or finish carpentry, concrete or roofing, sheet metal or siding, we provide extensive start to finish services for projects of any size. Northern Developments constantly separates itself from the competition with quality craftsmanship and high attention to detail.