Cheresh Millworking And General Contracting

Reviews for Cheresh Millworking And General Contracting

Linda in Barrie
Linda in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

New ensuite, bathroom/laundry room, walk-in closet, built-ins, fireplace!

Big changes for a mid-60's home. Took me several years to find someone I felt comfortable with to do this reno, and David was the one.

We had a shower that needed to be repaired - but decided to take it a little further. Gutted the main floor bath, which is now a terrific 2-piece with hidden laundry. Took a second bedroom and turned it into a new 10' x 10' ensuite bath with an incredible 68" freestanding tub, glassed-in shower, new window, 7' vanity, and heated ceramic floors. Can't decide what's my favourite part - it could be the new 6' x 9' walk-in closet with pocket doors! Or, the full wall of built-ins in the master bedroom with 12 drawers, 12 cupboards - enough room for both my winter and summer clothes at the same time (and my husband even gets to have his own space)! There's also the new vinyl flooring David recommended - everyone who sees it comments on how much they like it. I never thought vinyl plank flooring could look so good. And, I love the 7 new interior doors/trim and brushed nickel hardware throughout, and pot lights sure beat outdated fixtures! We also replaced our living room gas fireplace/mantel with TV above; lighted cabinets on either side.

Although living in a house with renos for 75 days was an experience, and a few surprises along the way, I plan to do more in the future - the kitchen and remaining flooring are next (or maybe change the rest of the interior doors and trim first, or maybe the staircase...).

Thanks to David and his team (and others along the way) including: Glenn, Dean, Mark, Jamie, Cody (x2), Terry, Kevin, Gord, Danny, John, Allan, Dave, Jaclyn, Zack, Ben, Mike, Tyson, and Robert. My house is too quiet without you.

Thanks Linda and Dave. You were terrific to work with and I look forward to any other projects we can help you with!

Private User reviews Minesing, ON

fireplace mantel

David came over to my house , measured and then built this beautiful gas fireplace mantel. I gave Dave carte blanche and was very creative and everyone is impressed with workmanship.
I highly recommend Dave to anyone and I'm having more work done from Dave. Beautiful custom work.

Therese, Barrie

Thanks Therese, I'm looking forward to working with you again!

countertop in Angus
countertop in Angus
1 review Angus, ON

remove and install new countertop and sink

the workmanship was first class and the installer friendly and professional.
the work was even completed before promised installation date.
we would recommend Cherish Millwork to any of our friends without
any second thoughts.

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. I hope you enjoy your new kitchen countertop!

Priya in Minesing
Priya in Minesing
1 review Minesing, ON

Built-in wall unit with fireplace

For the past few years we were looking to get built/ins for our family room. We had several contractors come in to quote on the job and make recommendations. None of them ever have us the confidence that they could deliver what we were looking for.
Then came David from Cheresh Millworking and General Contracting. He had a vision and with his artistic talent he sketched a full picture of the built-ins with the fireplace. We loved the design shown in the drawing and trusted David to deliver the finished product just before the Christmas Holidays.
We were very pleasantly surprised with the end product and the efficiency with which David and his crew completed the project. My Husband, kids and I love our family room and spend a lot of time together in this space. It’s absolutely gorgeous.
I would highly recommend this company. David goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction and delivers a high quality product and service.

Thank you for the pleasure of working with you and Andy. I enjoyed the challenge and you were a pleasure to work with!

Mcpa in Innisfil
Mcpa in Innisfil
1 review Innisfil, ON

Office reno that included moving kitchen, adding a bathroom and doing foundation work.

I appreciated the communication updates. David texted me regularly to update me on the progress of the project and what his crew was working on. The crew demonstrated integrity and were very approachable and friendly. There was an emphasis on quality with the long term in mind. We are very pleased with the results.

I'm very thankful for clients like Susan and her staff who made this easy with an understanding of what it takes to get a good job done. We encountered a few unknowns and the process of problem solving was so much easier with an understanding client. Thank you MMCPA!

Lorraine in Barrie
Lorraine in Barrie
2 reviews Minesing, ON

new kitchen!

David / Cheresh came in with some great ideas for a newly overhauled kitchen. It is twice as big as the whole kitchen was before, and now connects with the dining room (one wall came down). Both areas are not only beautiful but seem much bigger, and are also much more functional now. I love showing the area off to visitors. With or without an audience, opening a drawer or cupboard door makes me smile. I'm smiling a lot! I would recommend Cheresh to anyone who wants a quality job.

Thank you Lorraine. I'm glad you are smiling, I know a lot of my ideas took some time to get used to. I enjoyed the process of putting your renovation together,

Ralph in Minesing
Ralph in Minesing
1 review Barrie, ON

Great room feature wall redesign

We asked David to come in and give some suggestions for our great room as we wanted to create a feature wall using the existing fireplace. He designed a wall that exceeded our expectations by adding book shelves, a reclaimed wood mantle and also suggested a beautiful cathedral ceiling centred beam which fit the newly designed room perfectly.
We were thrilled with his workmanship and the professionalism of him and his team. We invited him back to give his suggestions in our new great room as we had previously enjoyed living in a custom home that he built 22 years ago.

Thank you Ralph! I have always enjoyed working with you and Wendy. Thank you for the opportunity of working with you again.

Tabatha
Tabatha
2 reviews Innisfil, ON

Replaced windows and framed in walls

We are so happy with our new windows and the look of our house! David came in and made great suggestions. His crew was respectful of our home, knowledgeable and professional! We will gladly use Cheresh again!! Thanks David!

Thank you Tabatha!

Janice in Montréal
Janice in Montréal

Retirement Home project

I had contracted David to design and contruct a large sandbox for our memory care unit of the Retirement home @Davenhillseniorliving Not only did he design a beautiful piece for us but it was beyond my expectation. This piece of work was absolutely incredible and large enough for a couple of residents to sit in muskoka chairs with their feet in the sand, while listening to the sounds of the ocean. This incredible sandbox completed our "relaxation room" where those living with Dementia can relax and escape from everyday life. This totally added to the tranquil atmosphere I wanted to create.
I have hired David (Cheresh Millworking) for many jobs over the years and I have never been disappointed. He has always exceeded my expectation and created pieces that are extremely well finished. He himself has made suggestions that I hadn't thought of and has always been so lovely and professional to deal with.
I highly recommend him to anyone who is thinking of any renovations. I guarantee you will not find anyone who can do the job better!

Thank you for your kind words! I hope your clients enjoy the "sandy shores"

Shelby.and.brandon in Toronto
Shelby.and.brandon in Toronto

Support beam

We hired David to help install a supportbeam in our basement and main floor. David was very honest about cost and a realistic timeline. He provided us really great advice and really made a stressful situation simple and easy.
David and his crew came and were very respectful of our house and we couldn't be happier with the outcome of the beams!
We will definitely continue to use their services in the future!

Thank you Shelby and Brandon!

More about Cheresh Millworking And General Contracting

34 years in business as a general contractor specializing in custom cabinetry, kitchen renovations, and custom building.
Looking for General Contractors pros in MINESING?