Force One Contracting

General Contractors
Force One Contracting

Reviews for Force One Contracting

Very bad. Dishonest.

Started well. Never finished the job. Vacationing pictures on Anthony's instagram. But not willing or able to finish work. Could not reccomend. If it was worth it would take legal action. Stay away.

Suresh in Toronto
Suresh in Toronto

Red flag, do not hire Force one contracting!

Mr.Anthony called and came to my house and was interested to do the basement finishing job for me. He looked a young interested contractor who seemed professional. We agreed for the contract job and the contact was signed on September 27,2018. He told me that it would be finished after one week. I paid him a total of $7000/- as per the contract put of a total contract amount of $8000. Upon having receipt the bulk of the contract amount, Mr. Anthony nor his worker did not come to my house. He gave some reason why he could not make it to come for the work. But he would not come on the next scheduled day also and would have some more reason why he could not come for work. This happened many times and still I bent over backwards to accommodate him. I have a long list of conversation with him in WhatsApp. Eventually, he demands around $3500/- more over and above the contractual amount to finish the job. What contractor demands more money to finish the job over his contractual amount. I feel betrayed despite the fact that I had been very accommodating to his continuing postponement of work . As per the contract, he was supposed to make a bar, finish the final paint of the basement and finish the staircase leading to basement , install door to the boiler room and handover as per customer satisfaction as agreed in the contract. All I am left with is a wood countertop, two pieces of board for the bar, an uninstalled door a couple of drywall and few pieces of 2" wood and an unfinished basement. I am writing this review so other people do not have to go through the same ordeal I have gone through.

Hi Suresh,

I think your missing the truth.... This is unfortunate because you actually have a fully renovated basement and only paid $7000 to have that. The only item remaining is the bar and trim. It was suggested that you would owe more money to complete and you've disappeared to pay for the work to be provided for us to continue the work. Note: a typical basement cost for 500 square feet is $17,000. You received a 95% completed basement reno for $7000. You should be happy and you should move on with a smile in you face. OR pay the remaining money to complete it with us.

For the record : We roughed in plumbing for you, moved HVAC, installed custom flooring, custom framing and boxing, installed drywall, insulation and mudding and taping. We purchased all the materials to do the above and all for $7000. I am not sure what your review is about but that's all inaccurate.

Eva in Toronto
Eva in Toronto

BEWARE OF ANTHONY

Anthony of Force One Contracting (North York) was very polite, seemed professional and friendly. Until I gave him money to start the job of renovating my bathroom shower. Then the excuses started. He had back problems, his dog died, he had to move, he was out of town, he is in the hospital and may need surgery on his back and his mother had a stroke and is dying.

Finally, weeks later, he sent a guy to do tiling in the shower stall. It was a disaster. The tiles, uneven, not following a pattern and worst of all the floor of the shower did not allow the water to drain properly. There was
a pool of water next to the drain!

I was left with an incomplete mess and no money back!!!

When I tried to get after him, he told me to stop harassing him! He either blocked me from his email or no longer has the account!

The address he gave me was a fake!

ANTHONY is not to be trusted no matter how charming he seems!

DON'T HIRE ANTHONY!!!

Terrible work

Terrible. Just terrible. This guy Anthony and his company are unreliable and dishonest. Started but never finished. Would not reccomend. Unwilling to do what was talked about. Basically another incompetent and dishonest contractor.

We have no record of you being a customer of ours.

What is your name ? Please email info@forceonecontracting.com.

I believe this to be fraudulent

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Do Not Hire!!!

Our experience with Force One Contracting has been even worse than the homeowner’s from Brampton whose review is provided below (2nd page). Based on our experience, we now believe that every word in that review is truthful. Similarly, Anthony Rossi was very professional until he received a very large deposit (more than $5,000) upfront, and then everything changed. Force One Contracting is a two-man company (Anthony and Dave), and they seemed to be completely incompetent to do any work by themselves. It seems the way they operate is to offer an attractive price and relatively fast completion, try to get a large deposit upfront, do some minimal work so that they can claim they tried to execute the contract, and then intentionally tried to get fired and keep the deposit. Six days after the start of the construction (actually a single day of actual work), which by the way was supposed to be completed in seven days, all we had was demolished bathroom and kitchen, hundreds of dollars in damages, six box of tiles (which was not even remotely adequate amount of tiles needed), and absolutely nothing else of material. Identical to the case of the homeowner from Brampton, Anthony refused to return any money and claimed that all deposit had already been spent.

Before you hire this company, do yourself a big favor and do a proper background research. Do not repeat our mistake! Ask yourself a question as to why a sales director for a large company who oversaw billions (yes, billions!) in sales, a professional golf player, and a marketing guru (all of this one person) would get involved in relatively small home improvement projects.

To owners/operators of this website:
We found Force One Contracting through your website, and one of the main reason we hired them is because they claimed they passed your strict guidelines to be called “an approved contractor”. Hence, I will advise you to check again these positive reviews about Force One Contracting. Doesn’t it look a little bit suspicious that after the negative review from the Brampton homeowner, posted on July 19, 2018, three perfect reviews (10/10) about Force One Contacting were posted in two days (October 2 and October 3, 2018). It is also curious that all reviews about Force One Contracting are listed in the chronological order, except for the one from the Brampton homeowner, and that review is now moved to the second page.

SolarGirl10 in North York
SolarGirl10 in North York

Fantastic full ensuite renovation

I bought my property as an investment home 4 years ago. We used force one contracting for 2 bathroom renovations. They delivered fantastic work, for a fanastic price and kept us involved and up to date throughout the renovations. The entire process was streamlined and systematic and they finished ahead of the projected schedule. Would definitely use them for any future renovations.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate your business and support. Being a contractor is difficult sometimes but this project was a pleasure to work on!

Force One Admin Team

Kyle in North York
Kyle in North York

Office Reno

Reno for our loft office. Sweet spot but a bit outdated so had to modernize it. Dave was an absolute gem to work with and his team did a great job. Will hire again for other work for sure!

Thanks guys!

We love commercial renovations! This one was so much fun, the end pictures look amazing. Glad you guys are enjoying your new space.

Force One Admin Team

Dave in Richmond Hill
Dave in Richmond Hill

Had a great experience having you guys do my basement! Will hire again- and recommend you guys

Had Force One Contracting deal with my basement that needed much love and care, thanks to Anthony and his crew they delivered a great basement and experience- thanks Force One!

Thank you so much Dave!

Let us know when your ready to get the powder room complete :)

Happy holidays to Nancy!

Phillip in North York
Phillip in North York

Great Company Fair prices

Anthony and his team at Force one are for lack of a better word. Awesome.

I am not a construction person at all and needed some work done in my basement.

Anthony came personally to walk me thru everything, and he personally oversaw the job.

They were done on time and the work was very well done.

I would recommend this company to anyone.

Thank you Phillip, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. You're awesome!!

Michael G.
Michael G.

Bathroom Reno

F1 Constracting did a full upgrade to our bathroom. They installed a tub, toilet & vanity, fittings and more. From tiling to piping and even lighting. F1 was on time & very professional. I will be using them for our kitchen & basement reno projects also

Thanks Mike! We had a lot of fun on this project. We're looking forward to redoing that massive kitchen! Have a great weekend.

More about Force One Contracting

Force One Contracting is a full-service construction and contracting company in the Greater Toronto Area. We do home renovations and new construction projects as well as commercial construction services. We specialize in: Restaurant & Retail renovations, repairs, maintenance Home renovations, basements, kitchens, bathrooms, tiling, drywall, landscaping and much more!
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?