Lumos Electric Inc

Reviews for Lumos Electric Inc

Marty in Nepean
Marty in Nepean

Outstanding

Scott and his team were very helpful and accomadating.
I hired them to help me with my main floor renovation which I did by myself as a homeowner. I had new switches, plugs, recessed lights, under cabinet lights, etc installed throughout.
They worked with my and my somewhat slow timeline, always came when they said they would and did the job as discussed in a timely fashion.
I am thrilled with the work done and the professionalism involved.
I highly recommend Lumos and will definitely hire them for any future projects.

Thanks Martin! We hope you are enjoying the new kitchen!

The Lumos Electric Team

Shalen in Nepean
Shalen in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Lumos Ottawa - Great Company!

ob and Scott -Lumos Electric Inc, came highly recommended from a family member who knows Scott so we tried them out to run electrical lights and plugs throughout our unfinished basement. We were so impressed with the quality of work, we hired Lumos again for another larger job.

The following are just a few of the many positives from our experiences with Rob and Scott: quick responses to phone and email; helpful and considerate; genuine; courteous/polite/professional/knowledgeable; collaborative; thorough and fairly priced. Both jobs were done with efforts to accommodate our schedules which was greatly appreciated. The quality of the jobs were excellent-we cannot stress this enough. They took care of every detail from start to finish. I even referred my elderly parents to Lumos, and Lumos did an outstanding job there as well- going above and beyond I heard from the folks. Our experiences have been fantastic. Thank you Rob, Scott and team!

Thank you for the amazing review and we look forward to working with you again!

-The Lumos Electric Team

Emily in Nepean
Emily in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Wonderful service for various electrical updates

Scott was wonderful to work with through all stages of some electrical updates I wanted to do - right from the initial quoting to the job itself. He’s easy to communicate with, professional, diligent and went above and beyond to complete the work I wanted done. Bringing home tradespeople in can be a gamble but not with Scott or his team. Will happily have them back for more electrical upgrades soon!

Thank you Emily! We look forward to working with you in the future on your next project!

-Lumos Electric Inc

Ipek in Toronto
Ipek in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

changing switches, repairing outdoor lighting, installing ceiling fixture from attick

Scott and his coworker did a great and clean job.They installed a ( box), ceiling fixture ,repaired outdoor lighting, changed switches.They were so nice and worked professionally. Thanks for enlightening us:)

Thanks so much for the great review Ipek! We were glad to fix up the issues!

- The Lumos Electric Team

Lorayne
Lorayne
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Lights and doorbell fixed in a timely and affordable fashion

Rob from Lumos was amazing This old duplex still needs lots of work, but the doorbell now works, the back porch now has a light, the standard backyard light has been upgraded to the motion detector kind and the loose wire in a basement light fixture was also dealt with. Rob has all the qualities you look for in a tradesperson- time from estimate to starting work was minimal, he’s punctual, tidy, congenial and down-to -earth and he really knows his stuff.

Thanks Lorayne! We were happy to help!

Cam in Ottawa
Cam in Ottawa

Transfer Switch for Backup Generator Connection

Scott and a coworker did great work installing a transfer switch, outdoor plug and main panel modifications to allow us to connect an emergency generator. Professional work and helpful with options.

Thanks Cam, we appreciate the great review and hope the emergency panel has given you peace of mind.

Heather Gatica
Heather Gatica

Installed new lights

We have an older house and wanted to install overhead lights in a bedroom and in our living room. This company was great to deal with throughout the process. They gave great advice on options and were professional and very friendly. They were reasonably priced compared to other quotes we received.

Thank you Heather! Enjoy the lights!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Garage heating

Amazing response time from when I asked for the quote until the job was finished. Professional , punctual and a great job. I would recommend this company and look forward to using them in the future. Thanks Scott and Rob.

Thank you for the review! We are glad the heater worked out so well!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Potlight installation

Scott and his crew were great from beginning to the end. Before the work, he walked me through the ideal configurations. They were super efficient, quick and tidy. We had some on the fly adds which Scott and team accommodated effortlessly. Would not only recommend Lumos Electric to friends but will definitely hire again for future projects.

Thank you very much! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to future projects!

KPigden
KPigden
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Ceiling Light Extension - Exposed Ceiling Condo

Rob and Scott were very helpful, friendly and accommodating. I offered to secure some of the parts up-front and Rob provided guidance on what would be needed and what could be returned. Scott set-up the install, measured out everything and executed the work quickly and seamlessly. I would not hesitate to use Lumos for future Electrician jobs.

Work included:
Extension of function box in kitchen, conduit pipe extension to living room, wiring and hanging a fairly complicated light fixture (with 5 separate lights of different lengths).

Thanks Kristen! The light looked great!

More about Lumos Electric Inc

Commercial
With a wide range of commercial experience, let us take care of all your commercial needs.

Residential
Kitchens, bathrooms, basements, whole homes and more. We've got you covered.

Lighting Consultations
Finding the perfect lighting solutions for your home or office can be a challenge. Let us help.

Co-owner Rob Bittner is a Master Licensed Electrician who is originally from Edmonton, Alberta. Rob moved to the area in 2009 and began working for an electrical company specializing in commercial and residential wiring. Before moving to Ottawa Rob worked in the film industry for 30+ years where he was involved in lighting design and power distribution. This unique experience and knowledge allows him to provide clients with expert insight into areas such as lighting quality and design. When Rob isn't quoting jobs, designing layouts or working with the tools he enjoys camping and fishing both of which are not as fun without his wife or grandkids

Co-owner Scott Cleator is a Licensed Electrician who grew up in Bracebridge, Ontario. He moved to Ottawa in 2010 to work for a local electrical contractor, completing his full apprenticeship in 2014. Before this he attended Nipissing University to study business administration as well as Canadore College where he enrolled in a pre-apprenticeship-electrical program. Scott's electrical portfolio ranges from high-end kitchen and bathroom renovations to full restaurant remodels and more. When Scott isn't working at the job-site or pricing prospective jobs, he enjoys spending time at his family cottage, fishing and hiking with his wife Lauren, golfing and (attempting) to learn to play the guitar.