Ottawa Renovation & Construction Corp

Michael
Michael
1 review Ottawa, ON

Kitchen Renovation

This is review is a warning to anyone who has plans to invest money into a home renovation with this company. Do not disregard any of the other 1 star reviews. I am well aware I will be attacked on here by the owner of this unprofessional company (don't let his email claiming to have a team of employees fool you). I have read his rebuttals and any company that talks like that about their former clients should be your first hint not to hire him (sorry his team).

Second hint of his willingness to pull the wool over your eyes is to have clients write reviews (pressured) about how he (sorry again - his team) is doing with the renovation. Let me tell you this, he gave me the skeleton on what he wanted written in the reviews, and as my review he pressured me to write only after a week on site was complimentary it by no means paints the whole picture of his techniques he uses to fool a client.

Third hint on his deceitfulness is the use of his app for estimates. The JOIST app he changes continually to suit his needs and never has you sign any updated copies. Any changed copies are overwritten and NO prior estimates are available. If you have unfortunately hired this person (sorry I keep forgetting he has a team working for him) ensure you print the estimate and check continuously if he has changed it. In the end after he realizes the client has caught on to his deceit he deletes the estimate and thus you cannot get a copy of it.

I hope you as a potential client is starting to see a pattern with this person (company).

Fourth hint (to note these hints are what I have experienced and are not made up). His timelines: in his ever changing estimate app one part always remains - his guarantee(s). He never strived to meet any of them. He was never here from 7am - 4pm (he work from at the earliest 10am and was usually done at 2pm), he did not provide a DETAILED work order, he says building and finishing material are included, he will personally be here everyday (most was 3 times one week) of the renovation and that he will have work done by a certain date (3-4 weeks turned into approx 12 weeks).

I have more hints I could describe here but I will let him (company) reply with his scathing comments on how ungrateful yet another client was. On how to disregard my comments as false and made up. Once he does his usual song and dance I will provide you with more details on how he completely botched my kitchen renovation and pocketed money for an incomplete, unprofessional, substandard, subpar attempt at a renovation. How he likes to blame anything that he finds to hard to do on the previous builder or more likely than not the client.

Please again potential client of this company do take heed on what I have written this is just a small portion of what this person (company) has put myself, my family and other clients through.
One final point on this review before his attempts to tell you I am not a real person or I took advantage of him is that I hired him also due to the fact he has the "Bauemler Approved" on his websites (he has different names for his company - wonder why??). Please do not be fooled by this inclusion on his websites. The Bauemler Company is well aware of this contractors unprofessionalism and has suspended its endorsement and does not approve this company(they are investigating). Further details on that to follow.

Now I am sure you will be entertained with the company's reply to my review. Enjoy the fiction that will be spun!

April C.
April C.
1 review Ottawa, ON

Amazing Work!!! Beautiful renovation.

For~ Ottawa Renovation & Construction Corp.

If I could give more than 5 stars I would!!!! We hired Ottawa Renovation & Construction Corp. to do a front entry, side garage entry and powder room renovation. We wanted everything done: New tile in 4 areas, trim, new closet door, painting, bathroom fixtures, etc...top to bottom, everything changed.

At first we were concerned with booking someone to work in our home during the current Covid-19 lock down. However, we called Ottawa Renovation & Construction to come give us a quote. To begin with, our call was returned promptly and a meeting to discuss our project quickly followed. During our meeting, all Covid precautions were in place, and we immediately felt at ease booking Ottawa Renovation & Construction Corp. to move forward with our renovation.

Fast forward, our front project is nearly complete. Everything looks amazing so far and the work has far surpassed my expectations. Our renovation has been handled with care by the guys, with attention to detail and professionalism. Aurelio is always ready to answer my questions and often offers suggestions about how to make things even more pristine. Our project timeline has stayed nicely paced and on budget. Things have run seamlessly and the entire renovation has been hassle free. Even added details such as leaving the work areas cleaned up & tidy each night. They really do consider every detail and go above & beyond.

We’ve been so impressed, that we have actually already booked Ottawa Renovation & Construction Corp. to move forward with two more home projects. The first being some additions and work on our existing deck. The second is a complete kitchen renovation/family room refresh. I have a “very specific” design in mind and Aurelio has completely catered to this with our planning, even offering added suggestions about how we can get the most out of our renovation design, but still stay within our budget.

If you are considering a renovation project, big or small, and are searching for a professional and meticulous construction team, I recommend with 100% certainty, Ottawa Renovation & Construction Corp. Look no further, you’ll be glad you did. I’m thrilled we have an incredible company we can turn to now for ALL of our home projects in the future.

Owen in Ottawa
Owen in Ottawa

Do not Hire

He was hired in February 2021, started the projected, completed approximately half the work, and then chose to not show up or answer and calls/emails/texts despite him having our money.

He has choosen to use cheaper products then discussed. Did not build straight walls. Did not mud flat tiling.

The worst part is he bought the wrong size shower, cut the drywall roof and tried to hide the top of the shower in the roof. And then blamed us on not measuring it.

I feel for the mistake of hiring this company (one man) and have since lost money, have a renovation half-way completed, and the parts that were completed are not satisfactory for any home owners.

Buyer beware.

Dave
Dave

Kitchen renovation

I want to thank Ottawa Renovation and construction Corp for installing my kitchen fan. They were a referral from z friend and what a great job they did. He was very professional, very respectful of the COVID19 measures. He did an amazing job. It was harder than expected because of the wiring but he was patient, walked me through the steps. I will definitely recommend them moving forward!!

Jim
Jim

Bathroom Renovation

This company deserves a 6 STAR rating. I had a bad problem in my basement washroom. A solution was found and now the problem has vanished away. The men at this company are good, highly knowledgeable, and are excellent at what they do. Jim

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Finished a big project in Uncertain Times

Because our renovations started started right before the COVID pandemic , we could have been stuck in a pretty bad situation with our renovations being half done. But during these uncertain times Aurelio continued to work and took all the proper precautions and was hygenic and sanitary, to make sure we were comfortable. He was flexible with our schedules and we coordinated to make sure we were not in the house when he was so he could do the work comfortably. This helped reduce the stress during these times to get our bathroom renovations done. The quality of work was very good and and we are happy with the work that was done.

Dan in Quispamsis
Dan in Quispamsis
1 review Quispamsis, NB

Complete Home Renovation

In the middle of the reno project and I had to write to let the team know that they are doing an exceptional job.
Aurelio is very attentive to details, an exceptional communicator, always saving costs and always looking at the bigger picture.
He is saving us substantial amounts of money.
Thank you!!
I thing I like most about Aurelio is that he is able to give quotations right on the spot and if not in the budget able to suggest other possibilities.
We are only 25% into the reno and I can’t wait to see the completed home.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

3 bathroom home renovation

Aurelio and his team at Ottawa Renovation & Construction have been doing an outstanding job with the renovation of our 3 bathrooms. We’re a week into the project and I can’t have asked for a better experience. They leave our house spotless after each day of work, they’re knowledgeable about the different products and materials available on the market, and have been working with us closely to keep everything within budget. I’d highly recommend his services for anyone doing renovations to their home.

Mike C. in Nepean
Mike C. in Nepean

Landscaping

We started looking to fix up our house exterior by getting a few estimates from various companies. Aside from his considerable knowledge and experience, one key factor that impressed us from the start was how responsive Aurelio was to our enquiries - he always got back to us right away consistently. This wasn’t the case with my other providers.

We are very happy to have chosen the Ottawa Home Renovations and Landscape Design team to help us with our home exterior. Not only did they do what discussed, they went above and beyond with creative suggestions and approaches. They always factored long term considerations for the work involved.

From day one, the team worked very efficiently and it was easy for us to measure the progress as so much work was done each day. This left us feeling excited to see all the improvements done when we got home from work.

They were able to leverage new and some of existing materials to get us great results. We won’t hesitate to recommend Ottawa Home Renovations and Landscape Design for any landscaping and home renovations.

Mike and Jen

We are so happy in serving you Mike and Jen wish you joy in your outdoor living this summer. We will see you again this spring of 2020 to tackle the rest of your needed work!

More about Ottawa Renovation & Construction Corp

FROM OTTAWA HOME RENOVATIONS INC. DESIGNER•BUILDER•ARCHITECTURAL PLANNER•CITY PERMIT APPROVAL•25YRS. 'Ottawa Home Renovations Inc will turn your idea & plans into a reality, you're guaranteed to be in the right hands working with us. With our teams experience “we do all the work saving our clients time & money”. Small or ...
Looking for Basement Renovation pros in Ottawa?