Abbey Road Stone Masonry & Landscaping

Reviews for Abbey Road Stone Masonry & Landscaping

Jane in Toronto
Jane in Toronto

Landscakping project

Kyle was recommended by my contractor after another landscaper had bailed on me. He made excellent suggestions and came in at a good price. He and his crew were all very pleasant and easy to work with. They cleaned up every evening and worked very hard. The curb appeal he added to my house helped in sell in 5 days for over asking.

lor in
lor in
1 review Ajax, ON

Backyard Landscaping

I needed some ideas for my backyard landscaping and Abbey Road was wonderful to work with during the project. The owner, Kyle was honest and flexible in working with my ideas which I knew this was the company I wanted to work with. He was always available to answer my questions and concerns. He was extremely helpful and the team was super professional. They were very punctual and ready to work. I was very pleased with the types of stone work he used for my pathway and was very satisfied with the final work. Overall I had a positive experience with Abbey Road and highly recommend this company!!!

Front Pathway

Abbey Road re-did the pathway leading up to the building I work for in the property management office. The path was falling apart, and the bricks were poking up. The crew tore up the walkway and relaid the bricks to form a beautiful pathway. The crew was amazing. They worked through a major heat wave, and were very accommodating when we requested a design change mid-way through the project. For the past three years Kyle, the owner, has stopped by to check on the project and see whether any adjusments are required, as per his company’s warranty. The original project has maintained it’s integrity though, and none have been needed. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone seeking stone masonry or landscaping work. The owner and the crew were very professional and extremely accommodating throughout the project and afterwards.

Major problems with masonry work done by Abbey Road Stone Masonry & Landscaping

A few years back, Kyle quoted the masonry and landscaping of our front garden and driveway in East York. His creative designs were great, he seemed very honest and motivated and so we awarded the project to him, as he showed us photographs of other properties he had recently done work on. The job took over 3 x the amount of time that Kyle had told us it would which was very disruptive. Often, his team would arrive at 9, stay for a couple of hours and be gone for the rest of the day. Some days they wouldn't show up at all. As our entire front yard, driveway and steps were dug up this was quite disruptive. After it was done, it looked very nice. However, very soon, after just one winter, the garden retaining wall began to lean over and heave to the point of bricks falling over into the driveway. Even worse, for some reason, Kyle sloped the flagstone landing toward our house instead of away from it. The result was that our basement became disastrously flooded in the winter every time there was a thaw, and again in the spring. Desperate, we tried to reach him in the winter, but he was in Thailand for several months and could not be reached. After that he did not return our calls at all. Kyle had promised us personally that if there were any problems he would take care of them and make them right, then he promptly stopped returning our calls the minute he realized there were big problems with his work. This company left us high and dry. We never heard from him again. Repeated attempts to contact him were futile. He had been paid for the job and had no intention of coming back and fixing these problems. We had to have two companies break apart and re-do the work Kyle and Abbey Road had done at our own expense which ended up being over $14,000. When the garden retaining wall was deconstructed, it was discovered that no adhesive had been used below the top 3 rows of bricks, and no drainage had been provided within the front garden, which added to the "heaving" over that winter. I would never use this company again and would never recommend them.