RDL Custom Building

General Contractors
RDL Custom Building

Reviews for RDL Custom Building

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Worst customer service ever...DO NOT HIRE!

My husband and I hired him to do our bathroom (vanilty, drywall and flooring) along with our bedroom flooring and custom closet. After we gave him a deposit, he came by and dropped off the flooring and taps. He was suppose to start on October 8th. That morning I received a text saying he would have come the next day to start. I was ok with that, and told him so. He never showed up. After a week, my husband texted him to ask if everything was ok. No response. He then emailed him with no response. My hubby called him, and he hung up on him. So my husband called him back, and his number was blocked. We finally received an email today, saying to stop harrassing him, and he will get to it when he has time. My husband responded saying we no longer trusted his word, or work. All we wanted was for him to communicate with us! We asked for some of our money back, he is refusing, saying we cancelled the job, not him. Worst customer service ever! I do not recommend them to build me a shoe rack, let alone a bathroom.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Worst contractor ever. Please read. Never hire them unless you want lots of headaches and rework

My wife and I contracted RDL to do the drywall, mudding and taping on our basement reno and ended up doing our bathroom as well for more money. Let me tell you how it all turned out. The walls were not paint ready as we had requested from him. Mudding and taping was not finished. The bathroom was atrocious. He used the wrong cement for the tile. He installed drywall on top of a pallet to level out my shower base instead of using cement like we agreed and paid extra for. His bricklay shower tile he installed was horrendous. A week later when I checked to see if everything dried the tiles peeled off like a wet sticker. My fingers went right through the shower base as it it want through a piece of paper. I had to gut my whole shower and start fresh, buy new material and contract someone that actually knew what they were doing. He also drywalled over one of my wall plugs and if I had not remembered that there should of been a plug on the wall, that plug would of sparked and tripped my breaker until a fire would of probably started. Please see photos attached as proof.

Dealing with him was a nightmare. He is unprofessional and rude. He even got in a shouting match with my wife when my wife called him out on how he would come and work for a few hours a day.
0 stars

Looking for General Contractors pros in Calgary?