Aldo Structural Contracting

Weekes-Robinson
Weekes-Robinson
4 reviews Whitby, ON

Load Bearing Wall Removal

While renovating our 50 year old house, we discovered we had a load bearing wall in the main living area. Aldo Structural Contracting was able to quickly provide designs, demolition and have the beam delivered to be installed. The team did a fantastic job in such little time and we are very happy with our new open concept.

Thanks Tristan. It was a pleasure working with you and we are glad you enjoy the new layout!

Private User reviews Meaford, ON

Kitchen renovation

I was very pleased with the strategies used by Aldo to deal with removal of a brick wall in a 150-year-old house, and the quality of the finished work. This was the central part of the whole renovation, and now I have the confidence it was done right. The Aldo team also worked late into the night twice to get the job finished on schedule.

thank you for the opportunity and for trusting us with a such difficult project.

structual beam

excellent company, very knowable and extremely helpful. we are really happy with the work they have done and continue to recommending them to family and friends. we had a structural support beam installed and a structural wall removed.

it was a pleasure working with you as well. we look forward to helping your referrals as well.

Sagging 2nd Floor

My project was to replace a beam which had been installed a few years prior because of renovation being done to my 2nd floor bathroom. When we had initially purchased the place, the previous owner had removed a wall between the living and dining room to make it open concept without putting any additional support in. Over the years as I lived in the house, I noticed that the 2nd floor was sagging but I thought it was due to age of the home. I had decided to renovate my 2nd floor bathroom, the contractor noticed that the floor was sagging and recommended that I put in a beam on the main floor which I did. After approximately 4 years after the work was done, I noticed that the sagging started to happen again. I decided at which time that I seriously needed to investigate it, so I started doing research online as to what the cause maybe and started contacting various companies. I initially thought that my foundation was sinking so I had a professional company come out and the completed a detailed examination and advise that my foundation was perfectly fine but recommended contacting a structural engineer. I didn’t know anyone, so I started googling and found several companies. The first company I contacted, I had the guy come out and I felt like he was just telling me anything that he thought I wanted to hear to get the job but not what I needed to know. When I contacted ALDO, we spoke briefly at first but then he called me back and we had a more detailed conversation. I explained the issue to him, and he walked me through several different scenarios. I sent him some pictures and video that evening. Aldo came out a several days later and he did a very thorough examination of my place and I mean thorough. He spent almost 2 hours looking at every inch of my place and even sit down with me to explain in detail what he had found and the way to remediate the issue. He took the time to walk me through step by step and explain the process to me from start to finish. He even walked me through the process of obtaining a permit and explained the importance of having a proper permit for the work.

The timing of this project came at a very stressful moment, when we all were working from home but wanted to sell and move to a larger house. Due to obvious liability and pricing situations, I couldn’t put up the house for sale in those conditions. It is important to get the job done the right way the first time as it will save you a lot of time and money. I have learned the hard way the importance of having proper engineering drawings and proper implementation process and as well as using the proper resources for the work.

ALDO structural responded very promptly to our needs, did a detailed assessment of the situation, prepared the structural drawings, and obtained the building permit in record time. They also had their insurance company issuing us a liability certificate directly on our name: extra piece of mind! The implementation was flawless, and inspection passed with flying colours!

After the work was completed, I now had to put my place back together to get it on the market, ALDO introduced me to his professional network: we ended up hiring that team of realtors, who came in also with a full package: they finished the renovation, house cleaning, staging and sale.

I would hire ALDO again for any future projects that I may have and strongly recommend their services for your future structural projects. If you are looking for someone that will be totally transparent and tell you what is going on and not beat around the bush, ALDO is the guy for you. He is honest and straight forward and those are the things I appreciate when working with a contractor.

Hi
thank you for your feedback. although your project was not easy at all, we are glad we were able to help.

enjoy the safety of your new home.

Natt
Natt
5 reviews Ajax, ON

Alex the perfectionist!!

We had absolutely no choice but to look for someone who'd save our house reno! Thats correct! We engaged with Alex at the last minute when our kitchen reno company refused to deal with the load bearing wall. Looking at the reviews, i called Alex and he was at our house the same evening. He explained the process to us, the possibilities of what can be done and what'll be involved in this entire process of getting rid of all the walls and putting a 900lb beam up. We are extremely satisfied with how Alex and his crew did everything according to the timeline they put forth us. We have an open space now where the possibilities are endless. Thank you Alex and team for saving our reno and giving us a beautiful open space that we dreamed of!!! Highly recommend them!!!

hi Natt

thank you for your great feedbcak: its good to know you can continiue your project now, and your house will be safe for years to come.

Old Forest Hill - steel structural supports and beams

We do large high-end custom homes. A lot of our projects like this 7000 sf house in Forest Hill was a renovation, which required opening large sections of exiting bearing wall. This requires very experienced trades. Alexander from Aldo Real Estate brought vast knowledge in this area. He and his crew was not only very professional but also very easy to work with. Though out this job and subsequent jobs they have always been very reliable. I know I am in good hands anytime I have Alexander on my projects.

Joseph
NMR Properties

thank you Joseph: your projects are always very challenging, but we are always grateful for the opportunity and delighted to be considered up for the task! see you on the next project.

Daryl
Daryl

Stair Relocation and Steel Beam Install

Throughout our renovation, I have not yet met anyone as committed as Alex and he sets the standard for a 10/10 review. Alex presented us with multiple options, was completely transparent about costs and made a few visits to our home before the project started to ensure we captured every detail and we were completely comfortable with the plan.

We had some slight changes that were necessary onsite once walls and ceilings opened up and Alex's communication was impeccable. He ensured I understood every aspect of the project and was an absolute professional. Alex's team was respectful, courteous and so far on the project, the Aldo crew has been the only one to leave the jobsite clean every day.

When we one day move to our next home, my first call will be to Alex, he was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Thanks Daryl: please enjoy the safety and openness of your house. We are a phone call away for your future projects, or for those of your inner circle.

Alex Drenea from Toronto
Alex Drenea from Toronto

Open concept main floor

As soon as we purchased the house we knew we will want to get rid of a couple wall to make it more open-concept.

I called a couple companies that I found here on HomeStars, and Aldo was the last one I called. As soon as I got in touch with him and we had our first meeting I knew that I don't need to call anyone else for this.

Alex came by and won us over instantly. Not only does he know the technical parts but he was able to guide the conversations based on our needs as a family in the future. He helped us realize that we wanted something more in some areas and maybe less in others and definitely helped us shape the entire scope and direction of the renovation and we are very thankful for that. He was patient with us, gave us time and space to understand how and where he will execute the work and was able to explain it from start to finish.

Once the final decision was made, the contract was signed and he started the drawings and permits process. Even in these difficult times where delays are pretty much the norm, he was able to get the permits approved in record time.
The work was executed with clockwork precision, the crew was amazing and Alex always explained what is happening now, what are the next steps and when things will get done, and he's always been exactly true to the estimates.

When challenges arose, as they always do, Alex always provided a couple of options and a recommendation - I really appreciated that about working with Alex.

As for the price, he will openly tell you he is not the cheapest but don't believe it :). When you factor in the quality of the work, the hassle-free engineer drawing, permit, revision process, the city inspection, the speed and the overall peace of mind when you see those big beefy metal beams supporting your house, there is no other company that will match Aldo.

Thank you for laying the grounds for the next portion of the renovation and setting us up for a great future in our new home!

Thank you sir for your kind words. It's good to know your family will enjoy the safety of your new house. I look forward to working with you on the next project.

Matt in Oakville
Matt in Oakville

Structural beam work

Alex and his crew are true professionals. I’m a contractor in the Oakville and Burlington area and we have used aldo structural on a few jobs now and couldn’t be more happy. Not only are our clients thrilled, we are too. His professionalism is bar none. We bring him into our jobs right from the beginning and go over the desired outcome then Alex and his team work diligently to provide engineered drawings for permit submission and execute the structural work in an amazingly efficient manner. I can’t wait to work with them on the next project

thank you Matt: we try out best all the time and it's gratifying to see it has a positive impact.

It's always a pleasure working with Alair Homes Oakville.

Kitchen renovation

While renovating the main floor of our house, a new long beam was installed to hold the whole roof over the kitchen/living area. It was necessary in order to demolish two old kitchen walls and make the whole space completely open and more modern.
Aldo Structural Contracting did an amazing job, better than we could have hoped for. It was not an easy project, to make sure the whole roof will be hold safe after removing old walls that were holding it.
The team approached it very seriously, making sure all safety measures are in place and no risks are taken. The work was done very processional, clean, in a timely manner and worry free for us as customers.
We very much appreciate the effort, commitment and quality of your work.
Thank you Aldo Structural Contracting! Looking forward to working with you again!

Thank you for uour kind words. It was a pleasure working with you as well. Please enjoy the structural safety of your new home.

More about Aldo Structural Contracting

Aldo Structural Contracting specializes in structural work and framing.

We install any shape LVL and/or "I" steel support beams and load-bearing structures. Whether you want an open space concept for your bungalow, basement beams and footings, removal of two-story house interior load bearing walls or exterior 20-inch stone wall, patio door opening on exterior walls or need a moment-resisting frame: we do it all.

We've successfully completed over hundred projects and our focus is to provide our clients with many benefits: cost reduction, completion on time, excellent quality, one-year warranty, WSIB coverage and free liability insurance certificate issued in conjunction to your building permit.

Our partner engineers will prepare structural drawings and obtain building permits with a very smooth and quick process: no adjustment fees for eventual changes, no miscommunication, no risk for homeowner to face a project cost increase.

Our clients value us for the very transparent and trustworthy contractual process.

Call or email us for a free estimate.