Aldo Structural Contracting

Reviews for Aldo Structural Contracting

Chris
Chris
1 review Burlington, ON

Remove walls and insert beams with post

A truly skilled tradesman. Not only will Alex and his crew get the job done. He will problem solve every possible issue to resolve your intendended plans! The outcome was even better than the original planning and done with integrity. Installed were steel beams replacing all supporting walls with steel posts well made to precision! In 2 weeks this major construction was completed with Alex's engineer even modifying the original engineering drawings! Overall impressed and would recommend to anyone redesigning the structure in their home!

You are most welcome Chris! It was a pleasure working with you and it's reassuring to know you and your family will have a safe house tonlive in from now on.

Chris from Burlington
Chris from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Load Bearing Wall Removal

One of the most difficult decisions for a homeowner during a renovation is to select a contractor with the right skills who has recruited the right talent to complete your project. My project involved a 30’ load bearing wall removal and a new post to be relocated in the basement. My home was built in 1978, a typical 4 bedroom 2 car garage. Needless to say things like basement posts and beam sizes in the basement were undersized by today's standards. Aldo Contracting not only met my exceptions but surpassed them in all areas. These guys surpassed minimum code in all areas without the need to hold their hand throughout the construction process. I will do business with Aldo again. Aldo Contracting sets the diamond standard for construction.

thanks Chris. Please be safe and enjoy your new open space!

mark in Toronto
mark in Toronto

Structural work - residence in downtown Toronto

A huge recommendation for Alex of ALDO. Great communications.

Removed a load bearing wall on the main floor of our home in downtown Toronto. Delivered on time. Delivered on budget. Sees the big picture and smallest details down to the last nail. I plan to hire Alex again on the next big project.

Mark, thank you for your trust. I am glad to know you are much safer now in your house and I look forward to seeing the final outcome.

SC in Toronto
SC in Toronto

Wall Removal / Beam Installation

I was looking to convert a wall with 2 oversized windows to a 14 foot bi-folding door (the first stage of our new indoor/outdoor living space). Understanding that the project required structural work, I researched a number of companies on Home Stars. Alex from ALDO Structural is one of the contractors I discussed the project with. From our first call / onsite meeting and throughout the stages of the project, Alex was in constant communication on the requirements and specs of the project. He was thoroughly knowledgable.

Because of the poor spring weather we had to change the timing of the project a few times. Alex was very accommodating and changed his schedule to align with the door installation to ensure the home was not left exposed.

Alex and his team worked diligently and clean while ensuring that minimal disruption was made to the house and our living conditions.

The work was completed on time and on budget in 4 days. On the 5th day the city inspector passed the structural part of the permit. The inspector commented “a very good job done”.

Being nervous going into such a large structural project I came away feeling that we absolutely made the right decision with Alex. I will definitely be engaging Alex again on future projects and would certainly recommend him.

Thank you Alex for your professionalism and commitment to the project. I can only hope to find contractors for other aspects of the project with the same level of honesty and integrity.

Thank you for the positive feedback. I confess (at first) we were a little bit nervous working on a such elegant and multi million dollar home. Your amazing hospitality made my entire team feeling respected and welcome: they did their best for you. Your patio doors are one of the kind (and gorgeous) and I'm proud we were able to fullfill the project as described.

Scott
Scott
5 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Wall removal / beam installation

We had a wall between the kitchen and living room removed and a beam installed. Aldo Structural Contracting is the company you need. Alex will walk you through all options of the job and give you suggestions on aspects you never thought of. This was a small job and Alex never treated this any less than his other big jobs. Took his time to ensure I was comfortable with the plan and his team came in on time, on budget, and worked hard for the entire project. Alex is very friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. Structural work is his specialty and is evident throughout the entire process as there isn’t any hesitation, just solutions. Can’t say enough good things about Alex and his team.

Thank you Scott. It was a pleasure working with you and good to know we were able to help so much. Enjoy the new open space now.

Q&A from Etobicoke
Q&A from Etobicoke

Load bearing walls removal

After meeting with numerous of contractors and interviewing them, we ended up hiring Alex to remove two load bearing walls. We are extremely pleased with his work. Our inspector commented how well done the job was and we passed inspection effortlessly. Alex is very polite, professional, industrious and conscientious. He’s extremely knowledgeable and a great problem solver when unexpected events occurred. He’s punctual, efficient and effective. Our job was completely on time as per our agreement. We would highly recommend Alex. If you’re looking to have structural work done, make sure you give Alex a call. You won’t regret it. Thank you for all you have done for our home Alex. It was a pleasure working with you.

thank you for the positive feedback. please enjoy the safety of your forever home in years to come.

Ryan
Ryan

Kitchen load bearing wall removal

I had a video call with Alex from Aldo Structural Contracting before actually starting the job.
Alex presented us with two alternatives, based on the pictures, videos and home plan drawings.
He also had a third solution in case the finished basement had some hidden surprises for us.
He qualified my own solution which was a compromise that in the end turned out to be a non starter.
Once the project passed the approval phase, Alex and his team moved impressively quickly and with high precision.
They planned ahead their work, then positioned tools, materials, including long LVL beams, and people to cope with the small space (as this was a reno, appliances, furniture and other obstacles were in the way).
Alex applied engineering methods to measuring, dimensioning, cutting, building structures and so on, while explaining to me the reason behind his decisions.
As an engineer myself, I can only highly appreciate the logic and reasoning in a hands on situation as no two renovations are the same.
Alex minimized the removal of carpentry, tiles, drywall to make room for the new supporting beam installation and also cleaned up the space after.
The job concluded in one long day, keeping a promise made by Alex when he described the scope of work.
Alex made sure the next team was provided with temporary plywood covers, all required screws were planted, the framing was complete for the remaining wall, so drywall will follow easily after and also offered to re-position the range hood exhaust higher.
I am very pleased with the work done by Aldo Structural and confident the reno will continue on without issues.

Thank you Ryan for the positive feedback. Glad we could help. Good luck with the rest of your renovation.

Daniel
Daniel

Structure support

Alex and his guys came in and did a great job. The cost and process was explained very clearly. The guys were efficient and stuck to the timeline that was discussed. Overall, I am happy with the end result and would work with Aldo Structural again.

Thanks Daniel

Jared in Toronto
Jared in Toronto

Best Customer Service Ever / I-Beam & Lintel Installation

This was possibly the best customer service I have EVER experienced from an independent business operator.

And when it came to his work, Alex took so much pride in the execution, he treated my house like his very own. The job was for an I-Beam & Lintel installation.

Everything was photo-documented with daily updates and everyone from the neighbors to my father found Alex extremely likable and engaging.

Thank you Alex and all the best.

Thanks Jared. Please enjoy a wonderful family life in your new home.

Kirk
Kirk

2 LVL Beams on 2nd floor, 1 LVL in basement with 2 posts with footings

Alex is a problem solver by nature. Where others (previous contractors) point out problems to a project to scare a home owner or justify their outrageous quote. Alex points out clear solutions with a defined timeline. My project was very challenging due to the location on a main road in uptown Toronto. Alex met with me at least 7 times answered all my questions and concerns before he even knew he would get the job. The execution of the project was done with pinpoint precision. Alex and his team at Aldo Structural work quickly and efficiently. It was a pleasure to watch them do their magic!

Thanks Kirk. I look forward to the second stage of your ambitious project.

More about Aldo Structural Contracting

Aldo Structural Contracting specializes in structural work and framing.

We install any shape LVL and/or "I" steel support beams and load-bearing structures. Whether you want an open space concept for your bungalow, basement beams and footings, removal of two-story house interior load bearing walls or exterior 20-inch stone wall, patio door opening on exterior walls or need a moment-resisting frame: we do it all.

We've successfully completed over hundred projects and our focus is to provide our clients with many benefits: cost reduction, completion on time, excellent quality, one-year warranty, WSIB coverage and free liability insurance certificate issued in conjunction to your building permit.

Our partner engineers will prepare structural drawings and obtain building permits with a very smooth and quick process: no adjustment fees for eventual changes, no miscommunication, no risk for homeowner to face a project cost increase.

Our clients value us for the very transparent and trustworthy contractual process.

Call or email us for a free estimate.