Window & Gutter Cleaning

Reviews for Shack Shine York Region

Elwin from Vaughan
Elwin from Vaughan

Christmas LED Lights incl. hardware & install & take-down service

In late Nov. 2018, we decided that we wanted to decorate our house with exterior Christmas lights. Apparently [albeit understandably] this was late in the game for the industry so it was tough to obtain quotes.

Shack Shine was reasonable in their timing to get back to us with a quote. Sanda (a co-owner) was good at communicating with us relating to our choices. The quote included an on-site meeting to physically see the various lights available. She was also able to send us some pictures afterwards as well to better help us visualize the options.

We ended up choosing their LED lights including a timer (the price includes the LED lights & the timer since we own them).

The installation was done on Dec. 3, 2018 by Bryan (the other co-owner) and one other staff worker. The installation was done without any issues. We found Bryan a little rougher-around-the-edges in terms of dealing with him/communication style; however, no issues with the quality of work.

Take-down service is included in the shown price. Take-down was scheduled for Mar. 18, 2019. Some people think that is late for take-down but that was our choice, so not a negative point against Shack Shine. I wanted to point it out as I can not comment on take-down service yet as it hasn't yet happened.

I have attached two photos showing the before and after the lights were installed. I feel that the lights look even better in person.

Hi Elwin, Thanks so much for choosing us to light up your home for Christmas! We pride ourselves on our professionalism and the quality of our product and our installations, so we're so happy to hear that we met your expectations. I believe your lights were taken down yesterday (18th) - on time as promised!
Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

dms$1980 in Markham
dms$1980 in Markham

better than expected!

For years I have been trying to get a decent price to light up our office for the holidays. Then we came across Shack Shine! They came in gave a quote and with no issues set up a time and date once we gave our approval. No hassle or fuss. When they came in, they put the lights up as high as they could past the 12 feet expected and the quality of the light really made a difference once lit. My office has received so many compliments from the community. They look terrific. Not only did we get professional service, they contacted us to set up a date for take down without us chasing them down. We deal with a lot of contractors and this has to be the first for us!

Hi dms$1980, Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a great review. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and the quality of our product and our installations, so we're so happy to hear that you loved your new office holiday light display and that your community loved them too! We're also glad to hear that we've made your job of corralling contractors a little easier!
We look forward to working with you again soon.
Thanks again!

Gabby Cripouris  in Markham
Gabby Cripouris in Markham

Christmas lights installation

We were very happy with the professionalism and prompt service with Shack Shine York Region. They installed our Christmas lights on day we were scheduled and followed our exact instructions until job was completed. We also felt their pricing was fair and not overpriced like many other Christmas light installers.

Hi Gabby, We're happy to have provided you with such a great experience and we're really happy that you're happy! That's a lot of happy!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your positive review. We're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Christmas Lights

I used Shack Shine to clean our windows last spring and was very happy with their service. When Sanda mentioned they did Christmas Light installations as well I asked to be contacted again nearer to November. Sanda reaches out as promised and I made an appointment to review a design plan. Sanda had lots of great ideas and made suggestions. We agreed a plan and quote and scheduled the installation date. Bryan and another team member showed up on time ready to instal the Christmas lights in very rainy conditions. True to their word the inaction was completed within a day and the results are amazing. I have people literally knocking on my door asking who did my Christmas lights.

Hi, We are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience and that you (and your neighbours :)) loved your Christmas light display! We love installing them almost as much as our customers enjoy them. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again next season!

H.Biggs in Markham
H.Biggs in Markham

gutter cleaning

I am impressed with their professional service and friendly manner. I used their gutter service last year and again today and I am extremely happy to recommend them for any of their services. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Hi H.Biggs, thanks for inviting us back to look after your gutter cleaning needs again this year! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to looking after your gutters again next year.

Alasdair from Stouffville
Alasdair from Stouffville
6 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Getting ready for winter

I wanted to get the house ready for winter with some exterior cleaning, window washing and gutters cleared. Well done on a good job. Very personable folks who were professional in the work and interactions with my elderly mother.

Hi Alasdair, thanks so much for choosing us to look after your winter maintenance needs. We love to hear when our customers are happy with our service and quality of work. We hope to see you again soon!

H in Markham
H in Markham

Eaves trough cleaning

Brian arrived on time. All services were discussed in detail . The work was completed in a vey professional and timely manner.would highly recommend Brian &Sanda and their Shack Shine services.

Hi H,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a 10 star review! We strive to deliver a professional and high quality service, and are glad you found this to be the case.
We hope you enjoy your newly detailed home!

Dkocsis in Markham
Dkocsis in Markham

Satisfied customer !

Hard to find a company that has your best interest but Shack Shine not only made me feel like customer satisfaction mattered they did an exceptional job and followed up to ensure I was pleased.

Hi Dkocsis,

Thanks so much for the 10 star rating! We're very glad to hear that we lived up to our promise to deliver an exceptional experience for you. We look forward to seeing you again next season!

bbotnick from Markham
bbotnick from Markham

GUTTER Cleaning

Wow what a pleasant experience. My gutter was overflowing on the West side of house and the water was rushing down the side wall. I could only assume I had a problem with blockage somewhere. Called the company and booked an appointment for the next day to clean my gutters. Bryan the owner and Blake arrived exactly on time. They found an old cut shingle from when the roof was redone that was blocking the water from flowing. Upon cleaning they did a flush to make sure the gutter was no longer overflowing. Also corrected another problem for me where the downspout bend was not flush resulting in water overflowing in another area. The price was right too!

Hi bbotnick, thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how we did. It's always a pleasure to work with a homeowner that is so attendant to home maintenance. We're happy we could go above and beyond your expectations and leave you confident that your gutter system is now working as it should. Bring on the next rain storm!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
York Region

Caroll in Markham
Caroll in Markham

eavestrough cleaning

Brian wife came out to gave me an estimate for gutter cleaning she was on time and very professional. Brian came shortly with his Assistant and they both were the same. He explain to me what he will be doing and as he go along I ask a few questions and he was right there with the answers. Very good company to hire and I will be reffering his company to my friends if they need some one and a company like his to gave their business to. Thanks again Brian your Wife and your Assistant for the great job

Hi Caroll,

Thanks so much for your glowing review! It was lovely to meet you and we are very happy we were able to help with your gutter issue on short notice. We appreciate your referrals and hope to see you again soon!

York Region

More about Shack Shine York Region

At Shack Shine, we’re shining your neighbourhood, one home at a time. In one detailed visit, we’ll scrub your home from top to bottom. It’s sure to be the shiniest home on the block. It starts with the arrival of our friendly, uniformed technicians in shiny, organized vans ready to work. When you see the end result, you’ll know we do the job right the first time.

Our services:
Interior and exterior window washing
Eaves/gutter cleaning
House/siding washing
Power/pressure washing
Cleaning and sanding of interlock
Roof cleaning