Father & Sons: Small Engine Services, Inc.

Lawn Maintenance
Calgary AB T2E 6G5
HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in Calgary  >  Father & Sons: Small Engine Services, Inc.

Review for Father & Sons: Small Engine Services, Inc.

Mary D. in Calgary
Mary D. in Calgary

Very Disappointing

The experience with Father & Sons Small Engine Service was anything but positive. When my husband first arrived to drop off my lawn mower there was no receipt, no tag to identify our lawnmower. Neither did they write down what needed fixing. My husband was told it would take just over a week to repair. He had to wait over a four week period. Every time he called he NEVER received a call back as requested. One call he was put on hold for 20 minutes. Each time he did speak with someone they had a hard time finding our lawnmower. Once he was informed after having to make another call that our lawnmower was finished and he went to pick it up. At that time he finally spoke with the owner Jason and made a couple of recommendations including having a tag system, and also asking to have calls returned. Jason said he was appreciative of the feedback, and wanted to improve. When my husband arrived home and reviewed the bill he discovered that the pull cord he asked to be replaced was charged for but it was still the old cord on the lawnmower. He phoned 3 more times to the company, and left a message asking to be called back by Jason, and still no response. It was clear that my husband's recommendations were not taken to heart, and he became frustrated saying that he would definitely not recommend this company. We had a second lawnmower taken to a competitor as we were needing a working lawnmower and it was received back when we were told, and the machine was returned cleaned as if new, and the work was done as requested in a fraction of the time. This is the kind of business we expected from Father and Sons but were greatly disappointed. My husband still has not heard back from Father and Sons about the cord that was charged for but never received. I gave them 1 star review because we at least got our lawnmower back.