(Tdm) The Door Maker

Mississauga ON L5T 1A3

Reviews for (Tdm) The Door Maker

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Poor Communication, No attention to details, Delivery was Late

David sold us on the endless options prior ordering, we paid in full on our order date and were advised 5 weeks delivery time. We were called a couple of weeks later to review some special instructions on our order. Everything was confirmed and they advised there were no further questions. Because the holidays fell within these 5 weeks and because of Covid delays, we followed up at the 7.5 week mark. We were told we could pick up our order next week. Next week comes, no communications, so I followed up again. A portion of our order was ready. That weekend we changed our cabinets and the items we picked up - 6 cabinet doors had quality control issues and needed to be remade, 2 doors had the hinge placement issues and needed to be remade, which TDM did not hesitate on. Over the next 3+ months, we made countless calls, sent countless emails - some of which were not returned - we had island panels that were made without our special instructions being referenced, a few pieces were cut at 90 degree angles when they should have been 45 degrees. 4 pieces needed to be remade 3 times or more. After so much back and forth, David became frustrated, threatened to invoice us for panels they made without following instructions and accusing us of "screwing up" and then hanging up the phone on me. Our final 3 pieces were made incorrectly 3 times and after the third time when we followed up, we was told we were asking for "custom wood working" and they emailed us back $73 saying they could not complete these pieces. Our request did not change since our original order with special instructions that were NEVER questioned by TDM. In the photo, you can see our special instructions and the simple request - These were 3 out of 7 similar pieces - the other 4 pieces were made to order on the first attempt and have been installed. So needless to say our kitchen is still incomplete and we have been left with a pile of scrap pieces that will cost us to dispose of. $5000, 6 months since ordering and our kitchen is incomplete.

Hi Carey Watson,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We believe that all criticism is good criticism and we have taken your feedback to heart. We are learning from our mistakes and your comments will help us build a better and stronger company. An intelligent company realizes its limitations and we realized ours with the special requests of your order.

Jessica in Mississauga
Jessica in Mississauga

Go Elsewhere

TDM has poor communication, delays, and lack of after sales support. I had a very disappointing experience.

Initially, there were delays in the company's email communication when trying to order the doors. Then they took longer than the time quoted to make the doors.

When I finally received the doors, the material had a significant pixelation patch that looks like water damage. The samples that I saw and received to take home before purchasing did not have this defect. When I followed up, the company was unprofessional and offered different excuses, including calling something that looks like water damage a feature and blaming me for not seeing it.

The only solution they offered was to remake the doors at my own expense. The warranty offered by the company is shallow. Buyer beware - you will receive a cold shoulder for any issues with the material itself and it will not be covered by warranty.

Many other kitchen companies offer PVC and I would recommend going with them instead if you're looking for a quality product that the company will stand behind.

Hi Jessica, I'd really like to apologize for the experience that you had with our product quality and customer service. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Any and all criticism is good criticism and we will be using your experience to better our practices. To improve our customer service support, we've gone that extra step and hired Ann, who is our new Manager of Customer Relations. We've discussed the issue of the "pixelation patch" with our supplier. It is a design element on the colour that you selected. The patch that you are referring to is meant to replicate the design and texture that you would see on a real wood surface. As a company, we pride ourselves in offering dedicated and personalized services to each of our customers and I regret that we were unable to live up to those expectations.

Ashish
Ashish

Kitchen renovation

Fantastic....juat Fantastic
I did a DIY on replacing the doors and saved 1000's $$. Do it ! It's easy and these guys help you every step
Cheers to TDM
Thanks TDM

Hello Ashish! We're so glad that we were able to help. Thanks for choosing TDM!

Issac in Mississauga
Issac in Mississauga

Perfect kitchen cabinet doors.

Went to web site, saw product, too many colours to name and choose sizes and style. Had some questions called the company they walked me through the issues and helped me purchase the right doors. Excellent experience would ask everyone looking to DIY your own kitchen, save $1000s over using a contractor and do it yourself. Very simple.

More about (Tdm) The Door Maker

Design & purchase cabinet doors online using our Build a Door tool. Customize every detail of your cabinet door including the size, panel, style, and edge. Choose from flat, shaker, raised, or recessed cabinet door panels. Delivery is available & we have a 10-year warranty.
Looking for Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design pros in Mississauga?