The Gas Man

Gas Line Installation
Grimsby ON L3M 5K9
HomeStars  >  Gas Line Installation in Ancaster  >  The Gas Man  >  DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH STEVE THE GAS MAN!
Shannon in Welland
Shannon in Welland
1 review Pelham, ON

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH STEVE THE GAS MAN!

Booked an appt for a gas line installation with Steve for March 1st. My husband took the day off work to ensure someone would be home. We were the 2nd appt in the day but by 2:30 he hadn’t heard from Steve so my husband reached out to see if he was coming. He said he was on his way to our house when he rec’d a call for a gas leak and had to drive to Burlington. No call to inform us of this! We had to track him down! Very unprofessional! He couldn’t seem to give a straight answer as to whether or not he was still coming and no response as to why he never called to advise of the change in plans. At 4:30 he said he was on his way to his supplier and then our house. At 5:15 he msgd to say he wasn’t coming. His supplier closes at 5 not 6 like he thought. How do you not know what time your supplier closes?! He said he could get the part the next day but my husband said forget it. I decided to give him a second chance and asked what time he could come the next day. Well now he was apparently booked so I asked what time he could come the following day if I made myself available. This is when he decided to ask questions about the job. Shouldn’t this have been done when the job was first quoted??! After going back and forth he decided he should come take a look at the job first and then schedule the work for the following week. Are you serious!! My husband took the day off work and Steve couldn’t even make a 2min courtesy call to inform him of the change in plans. How unprofessional is that! Then to decide he should come take a look at the job first and then complete the work sometime in the future. What a waste of time! As if our time isn’t important. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH STEVE FROM THE GAS MAN!

Thankfully I was able to secure an appt with a reliable company that was able to quote the job and complete the work all in a weeks time.

Unfortunately this job could not be completed. A condition arose that required immediate attention and I attempted to contact the homeowner. When we did talk, I explained the situation and offered to head over once the problem was rectified. Unfortunately my part supplier Bardon was only allowing curb side pick up, and they were closed when I arrived to receive my order. Covid precautions? I offered to return the following morning and the customer declined so I scheduled a job with another customer. The homeowner advised that the basement ceiling was finished and I would have to cut holes in the drywall to fish the gas line from the furnace room to the stove location. I had asked which direction the floor joists were running which created the need to take a look to see if the job could be completed without destroying the ceiling. I had the material on my truck and was prepared to do the job at that point. Professional or not, a potential explosion hazard due to a misdirected drywall screw was averted. This is the downside of running a service business and at times there is no resolution?