Heritage Deck and Rail

Heritage Deck and Rail

Reviews for Heritage Deck and Rail

Kyle from Calgary
Kyle from Calgary

Honest Review. He hid my google review!!!

After hiring Thomas in late 2017, I was satisfied with the original install done by a sub contractor (minus how the vinyl was tied into the house, which was not done properly but Thomas assured me it was). Fast forward to 2018, we realized that the incorrect product has been installed. Long story short, we had Thomas and his team re install. I advised Thomas that there were several ripples and bumps in the vinyl. They ended up advising that it was from from the lumber install by our builder. We brought out the manufacturer of the vinyl to review my issues and they advised that it was done too quick and that the seems had not cured therefore causing these issues. While it is fair to say that I did not work through these issues with Thomas, I
chose to rip everything up in 2019 as he was very aggressive with handling the original situation and always assures you that it’s ok, will go away etc. We discovered that it was not the lumber by any means and that Thomas was always quick to come up with an excuse. My railing on my deck is bowed as well. The new company I hired did a perfect job and I’d recommend you pursue other contractors in this space. Save yourself the time and headache!

One other thing, Thomas hid this negative review on google. If you do good work, what are you hiding?

SK
SK
9 reviews Chestermere, AB

Vinyl deck replacement

Had to replace a 15+ year old substandard vinyl deck that was part of a complex problem that delivered water damage to the exterior house structure when it became too old and began to leak. Interviewed 3+ companies for this job. Thomas, the president of this company, quickly impressed us with excellent communication and a quick call back. Despite his busy schedule he took the time to carefully explain options and the repair process. The quotation was crystal clear and there was no pressure to commit. Heritage won the bid for this project and they solidly delivered on what they promised. Their crew was exceptionally hard working and professional. The work area was left clean. Their work was above industry standard in my opinion. The company is A+ rated with the BBB. The company asked for no deposit up front (which I really liked). Job was paid at the end and when the homeowner was satisfied with the work.

I applaud their patience while I was dealing with another contractor who was much delayed in fixing water damaged surfaces on the exterior OSB and rim boards. In the pics below, the stucco was removed (by another company) to fix damaged OSB and rim boards. Then I had Heritage come in and place the new vinyl high enough so that the new stucco would cover it over and offer better water resistance. We also went with a PVC reinforcement option to keep the vinyl attached better in areas under the doors and deck pillars. Heritage had to change their schedule multiple times due to that other contractor and it was frustrating for both parties (thanks for your understanding). Due to stucco painting they were not able to complete the entire rail reinstall but diligently returned the week after to complete the job. Would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone requiring deck work.
PS: next time I will mark those glass and rail pieces before they get taken apart... :-)