Michael from Vohgel Construction specifically asked me to write a review on HomeStars. (He might regret that request)
In August 2017, I hired Mychael/Voghel Construction to renovate my bathroom. He scheduled the job for two weeks (I planned for a month). The renovation was plagued with problems, and was still not completed in March 2018 - seven months later!
I found his ambition, fell short of his abilities. (Unfortunately for me).
Some of the problems were:
- Workers using Sharpie pens on marble tile.
- Hexagon tiles being laid subway style?
- Mychael’s daily fights with the electrician, who refused to install non-code fixtures.
- a heated floor that never worked.
- not removing all tile and just tiling over existing tile because ... I don’t know why.
In February of 2018, without notice, he removed the toilet and sink. I was anticipating work to commence. Nope, they did no work in the bathroom for a month. (I spent a lot of time at the gym)
After the non-heating floor was re-ripped up, (twice now) Mychael/Voghel Construction installed the wrong size, and wrong colour of tile.
Mychael/Voghel Construction has a plenty of time to correct the situation, but chose not to.
Months passed with no communication from Mychael/Voghel Construction (even though they claim to contact everyone within a week) - so I sued in small claims court.
I won twice. File # SC - 18-00003612-0000
Mychael of Voghel Construction is a provincial guy who really is trying to make a go of it. I admire his gumption.
Mychael would often use an excuse, “I’ve never seen that before”, for things he didn’t understand. Unfortunately, Mychael settles for the lowest common denominator.
In all honesty, I cannot recommend Mychael/Voghel Construction.
BUT, if you hire him/his company:
1) Keep a large, 50% hold-back.
2) He has a bit of a temper - ignore it hold your ground.
3) Stand firm on design features, if you want X, don’t be pushed into getting Y.
4) do your research – he is not the ‘expert’ on many things as he claims.
5) double check that what you ordered, is what you got.