Canadian Pro Interlocking

Canadian Pro Interlocking

Reviews for Canadian Pro Interlocking

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Patio

Joe and his team were amazing to work with, they provided has the Best service. I would like to thank joe and his team for best class service they provided
Thank you!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We are glad you are happy with the work!

Hass_R from Maple
Hass_R from Maple

Interlocking front and backyard. BE CAREFUL!

While our experience with Canadian Pro Interlocking started off really well, we ended up having a terrible experience with them that made us cancel our contract after the work began and taking a loss on our payments. Joe, the owner made many promises and did not follow through, I liked Joe and had high expectations at first, but then there was a notable disconnect between what we agreed on with the sales guy, Harris, and what the owner/contractor knew. Shame on us for putting too much trust in Canadian Pro Interlocking. We made the big mistake of paying 85% of the total cost upon the arrival of materials. The team did not begin work on the day the materials arrived which was a Saturday morning. The materials blocked my entire driveway for 2 weeks (at which point we hired another contractor to finish the job) restricting us from using our car parked in the garage, and parking our other car on our driveway. I can accept this for 2-3 days, and living in the GTA, overnight street parking isn’t free. He broke our fence door, worked short hours on the few days they actually showed up saying his guys were either too tired, or it was too hot to continue working. It’s the beginning of May! How can it be too hot!? I didn’t feel like he was prioritizing our job and must have been hopping between jobs. Our job was a decent size, nearly 1,000 sq ft of interlocking. What finally pushed us to cancel our contract is that when they built the front steps for our porch, the cuts were not done right AND his team left the steps INCOMPLETE FOR THREE DAYS. I’ve attached a picture. I have one elderly person and two young children (which they knew) living in my home and this was a HUGE HUGE safety hazard. When we complained over the phone, he defended the steps, but when he came back after three days in person, Joe admitted the steps were not done correctly and that his new guy had done it. How do you let a “new guy” do the job and not inspect it before leaving the site? I could go on but I’ll stop here.

Of course, I’m sure everyone has a different experience with each contractor, some good, some bad, but just wanted to share our experience. We were told that our job would be done in “4 days” (weather permitting) but at 2 weeks there was insufficient progress. I know contract work is never on time, but when you make false promises and just don’t show up, that’s just straight up unprofessional. We took a few thousand dollars loss on this as Joe was unwilling to give us a partial refund even though the digging was not all done, the slope in the backyard was not correct, the screening and levelling was incomplete, the steps had to be redone and of course barely any stones were laid- definitely not 85% of pay worth of work. Good luck.

Mr. Hassan Rashid contacted us last year for an estimate. Our sales manager showed up 3x for a free re-estimate as Mr. and Mrs. Rashid kept changing the scope of their project. They we're undecided

Finally in May of this year, Mr. Rashid contacted us again and wanted to proceed with the project they finally decided on. A contract was drafted outlining specifics for their project including a detailed colored drawing. They wanted us to start within 3-4 days and we agreed. All they had to do was decide on a color within 24 hrs so we can order his pavers. It took them 5 days to decide on a color (out of 4 choices), and by that time they were ready to leave for their vacation and now didn't want us to start until they returned, after they were scheduled to start.

When they returned, Mr. Rashid demanded we show up the next day to proceed. We told him he had to wait a few days as we were on other projects. He was unhappy. When we came, he wanted more area excavated than was on the contract. He wanted additional grading done which would require extra steps. We explained the extra materials and labor needed he would pay for at the end and he agreed. After his project was graded finally to his satisfaction, his pavers arrived and all of a sudden they weren't happy with the colors - they chose.

He wanted to exchange almost 1000 sq.ft of delivered pavers. We explained there is a 25% restocking fee from our supplier not to mention time delays for this process. He expected us to pay all fees and re-delivery charges as well as exchange the pavers that same day, and threatened us he'd cancel the contract and wanted us to refund him everything he's paid. We told him we will not accept any more losses and he can keep the pavers since he had selected them, and do as he pleases since he was demanding it was his way or a full refund for a project that was fully excavated, graded, with base and screening, pavers paid for and delivered, only needing installation. He was happy that he could keep his pavers and cancelled the contract. We assumed at that time he wanted all the hard work with heavy equipment done and he would lay the pavers himself or hire cheap help to save money. Thus his complaint the materials were blocking his driveway was in fact because he agreed to keep the pavers after the contract was terminated.

The broken fence Mr. Rashid claims was in fact loose from the hinges and advised him in advance and before the project even started and offered to tighten up the screws for him. The step was done by one of or trainees and he had not put enough adhesive and had not yet been inspected, but was fixed by our foreman the next day and still is intact to date - we have photos. He demanded our crew work in the rain and on weekends (of which we occasionally do when staff is available). He states we said our crew was tired after 3 hours - this never happened as they would have been terminated. We did say they were tired from the 6 day x 10 hour days when he demanded we show up on a Sunday.

As a contractor, we try our best to please everyone, and even when we do, there are those few who try to take advantage of us. The sad part is while we were excavating, another contractor was on site for another project and told us he was warned to be careful with Mr. Rashid as other contractors had fallen victim to his antics. A month later that contractor called us and explained he too had the exact same experience with Mr. Rashid's demands and cancelling his contract, and found out that other contractors had blacklisted this Maple customer. I guess we need a public forum like HomeStars for contractors, to leave feedback on their experiences with homeowners. Considering the hoops we had to jump through to please Mr. Rashid's demands and indecisiveness, his rating and review of our company is undeserved and unjustified, and we hope other contractors read this review and our experience with him to avoid similar issues.

Sunil  in Mississauga
Sunil in Mississauga

Walkway and Backyard interlocking

Joe and his team did the interlocking at my house and I have to say it was one of the most amazing jobs I’ve seen recently, he made sure to use the best quality products and never rushed a single thing until it was done till perfection. There was a slight mismatch in colour in the beginning to a misunderstanding but to my surprise he took all the bricks back right away and got them exchanged even though a decent amount of them had to be thrown away.

Thanks Sunil!
We are very glad that you are happy with our work.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Interlock poolside patio

We needed to find a reliable company with quality workmanship and good value for our dollar and we found that with Joe and his team. They are hard working and committed to ensure their customers are happy every step of the way. They were able to adapt to a design change midway through the project and offered recommendations to fit within the overall design and budget. I would highly recommend Joe and his team at Canadian Pro Interlocking.

Thanks so much for the great review. We are glad you guys are happy with everything!

fm80 in Oshawa
fm80 in Oshawa

Driveway and patio interlock

Joe and his team are an absolute pleasure to work with, I would highly recommend them! We got Unilock Interlock done on our driveway, sides of the home as well as the patio, overall approx job of about 1,500 sq ft and they did a great job. Harris does the sales component and he does a great job explaining the whole process and showing the different products available, and later on Joe and his team come in and do an awesome job installing the product. Best of all, all in pricing, no surprise charges which is unheard of!

Hi!
We are very pleased to receive this review and glad everything went well for You!
Thank you for choosing us for your project!

Raquel in Brampton
Raquel in Brampton

Awesome job!

We’re very pleased with the end results! We got 3 quotes and we decided to go with Canadian Pro Interlocking. Harris was very professional and very detailed from the beginning. He listened and made a design of what exactly what we wanted! Joe and his crew delivered! We are very happy and it’s beyond our expectations!!
Thanks Canadian Pro Interlocking! Definitely recommended!

Hey Raquel. Thanks so much for the great review. we are glad you are happy with everything. Also thanks for being such a great customer!

Asif in Hamilton
Asif in Hamilton

Interlocking driveway

Joe and his team did a great job. Everything was completed according to plan. They even worked on weekend to get the driveway done. Joe is a Pro at what he does. He is very calm and composed even when faced with challenges. Joe always kept us in the loop and provided valuable suggestions. Our initial contact was Harris who is also very knowledgeable with his graphic design background. Thank you Joe and your team for a job well done.

Thank you very much Asif for your great review! It has been a pleasure working with you, You and your family were both very polite, understanding and very easy to work with. I'm glad you are all happy with the end result.

Private User reviews Milton, ON

Driveway extension

Jeo and company did great job, I am fully satisfied and had great experience. Found them reliable, honest, hardworking and pleasant. Although, weather delayed our job a bit but Joe kept me informed. They cleaned up well after.

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad you had such a great experience.

Sbrar in Mississauga
Sbrar in Mississauga

Interlocking

I was very happy with the work that was completed by them. They were very friendly and were very helpful with all my questions. Had a bad experience with a previous contractor, and found these guys after and were very happy. Great service and customer service. Would recommend.

Hey sbrar. Thank you for your great review!

Ken in Vaughan
Ken in Vaughan

interlocking

I have very good impression with Canadian Pro Interlocking (CPL) . Start with quoting : CPL gave me very precision quote with all explained details you worry about ( By the ways i did choose CPL after getting 4 quotes from others guys ), when the Job start I am always told about progress and worry free ,Joe is very nice guy , he has high skill about the job with high responsibility , he is with pleasure to modify your project if you want to modify it , and the result is my interlocking area very level flat stone are sitting very firmly no rocking , all join filled good and very clean at the end of the working day , no bother to neighbor . I have to say good job , good price .I definitely call him again to do more in my project

Thanks ken! Glad you were happy with our work, We try to do the best we can at all times. Looking forward to working with you again in the future.

More about Canadian Pro Interlocking

Here at Canadian Pro Interlocking we strive to deliver professional interlocking and paver installation within the GTA. Our attention to detail keeps our standards above the bar. We are a family owned business established in 2002 and from the beginning we have always stood strong by our quality.
Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Mississauga?