Western Insulations Ltd.

Insulation
Calgary AB T1Y 6M6
Insulation
Western Insulations Ltd.

Reviews for Western Insulations Ltd.

Bumbleberry
Bumbleberry

Multiple jobs over 19 years with excellent workmanship and service

I chose Western for my home. When so much effort and care goes into a building envelope to make it efficient and comfortable, a lot of the credit for detail can be taken by the insulators from Western Insulations and the cellulose insulation, WallBar. As a contractor and builder for many years, and with a focus on building for passive solar and efficiency and comfort, my main partners in achieving the objectives have been the two brothers who run Western Insulations. I first met them in 2000 working for another company. They have continued in business on their own and made a career out of insulating buildings. We have achieved wall and roof retrofits of existing homes, super-insulated custom homes, commercial developments, sound insulation for music studios (2) and homes, and upgrades to numerous homes and attics over the years, vaulted ceilings and so on. I am in awe at the end of every job at the quality of the work. The insulation is dense, evenly packed and fills every gap, nook and cranny, which tightens a building against air changes, stops convective heat loss, and resists radiant heat loss as well as sound transmission. Performance has been verified with blower door tests on several jobs. For example, we took a home (1948) from Energuide 42 to Energize 71, and the major portion of this advance credits to the insulation work: Rim joists, attic, vaulted ceilings and walls. In Alberta, where we have extremely cold weather, this is the best choice of contractors for me and solves a lot of problems. The photos show my personal Studio and Workshop at home.

Regan in Calgary
Regan in Calgary

95 Year Old 1 1/2 Storey Done Right

Western Insulations was recommended to me by another insulation company, when I told them I had a 1 1/2 storey home. I had heard these homes were difficult to get done right and Western had a long history of doing them right.
The crew booked with one weeks notice, showed up as promised and got to work on it after doing a walk through with me to explain the work they would do. At the end of each day the house was left in good shape, as they were very conscientious on doing a good clean-up.
I altered the job a day in, when I decided to bring in my contractor to assist with opening access to 2 dormer windows to ensure we could achieve the most complete insulation envelope as possible. As the exterior of the dormers was stucco, this work required cutting through plaster and lathe to gain access. Western worked it into their schedule to fill these cavities on the final day, giving us the time required to gain access.
Even though the job changed from the time the estimate was given, to completion, there was only a modest increase in costs to cover the addition materials required to insult the dormers. I've since noticed that my house is much more comfortable and as a bonus it is also quieter. I live in an inner city neighbourhood and no longer hear the traffic passing down our street.
I have already recommended Western Insulations to several friends and one of my neighbours, thanks for the great job guys!

jewelhunter1999 in Calgary
jewelhunter1999 in Calgary

Wall and attic insulation

I hired western insulations to remove and replace all my attic and wall insulation. They were extremely careful when removing my siding to access wall insulation. When they were all done, there was no physical damage of any sort. I was very impressed with their workmanship and product. I would highly recommend them and cellulose insulation to anyone, it really does make a big difference
JH

Looking for Insulation pros in Calgary?