Am To Pm Construction

Reviews for Am To Pm Construction

Lindsay in Toronto
Lindsay in Toronto

Awful Condo Renovation

We hired AM to PM Construction in Feb 2020 and it was the worst decision of my life. The timing was unfortunate given the pandemic, but how the company treated our project and, in turn, our family was unacceptable.
Before starting, AM to PM signed an agreement from our condo re how to carry out work in our building. Among areas of concern, the most critical was that the condo popcorn ceilings have asbestos.
AM to PM signed the paperwork, yet employees still drilled into the popcorn to install a drop down ceiling. I came home (with my 7-month-old daughter) seeing this. AM to PM later denied knowing – at which time I had to remind them of the paperwork they signed.
This issue caused severe anxiety as it put our family’s health in danger. The workers drilled without putting up plastic sheeting to protect the rest of the property, so dust billowed into our bedrooms. They never cleaned at the end of the day and didn’t even own a wet/dry shop-vac.
Because of the asbestos incident, I paid for multiple air tests, carpet cleaning, and I cleaned the condo like a maniac. AM to PM tried to compensate by plastering over the rest of our living room ceiling but the damage was already done, specifically to my mental health.
It got worse. Here are some of our other experiences:
1. Unreliable and unprofessional i.e. no consistent working hours (sometimes didn’t show up at all), didn’t keep the worksite clean, mistreated the material we bought for the project (left paint brushes and trays to dry) and never returned our condo key (so we had to replace the locks)
2. Dishonest about competency i.e. I was told they had experience with painting kitchen cabinets. First they tried painting with a paint brush (seriously) and then brought a friend to complete the task with an arts and crafts air brush gun. Our wood cabinets were ruined and we ended up having to buy brand new MDF cabinetry –which we paid for, not AM to PM.
3. Lacked attention of detail i.e. We bought one piece of custom kitchen cabinetry (to match our existing) that AM to PM would order and install. It was supposed to be white to match our refinished kitchen cabinets (that were later ruined) – however, AM to PM ordered it in in the wrong colour…even though it was written to him in text and email.
There are more examples but you get the point. We let it go on too long (almost 4 months). My partner and I were first time homeowners and were taken advantage of, and once our expectations were at rock bottom we just wanted to ensure that AM to PM left our property safe for our family before we cut ties. That didn’t happen.
We had to hire an electrician to address exposed wires, a kitchen cabinetry company to redo our kitchen, and a handyman to address jobs like installing French doors (the hole AM to PM cut for the doors was too small, of course) and to re-do AM to PM’s amateur tiling job.

We also paid far too much money in advance. From the outstanding invoices, we owed him $3,000 but the unfinished/unresolved work cost us $17,000 (including new kitchen cabinetry).
I was meaning to write this review sooner but I was scared about how reliving this experience would make me feel. Don’t hire this company – it was the biggest mistake of my life. I would be happy to speak about it further with you, if the platform allows that.

Vidhya
Vidhya

Kitchen backsplash installation

We got backsplash tiles installed for our kitchen. Peter did a really good job. The backsplash looks very neat. He also bought the tiles for us and completed everything at a very reasonable price.

thanks for your response, it was my pleasure to work with you guys, you were both very friendly and i hope to work with you in the future

anthony.galasso
anthony.galasso

Main floor & powder room

Peter at am to pm did a great tile job on the main floor of my house. I was very pleased with his effort in getting the job done within the time frame I had set out for him. Peter was very kind in offering his opinions for certain tasks. Thank you for your help and good luck in the future.

it was a plessure assisting you in meeting your goals during your renovations. thank you for all your hospitality during the process, and for taking time to wright a review for me.

Tim
Tim
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Kitchen - Marble/Tile

We have never submitted a review on this type of site before. Peter at AM to PM Construction impressed us so much we thought this was an appropriate way to support him. Peter's quality of craftsmanship and attention to detail is uncommon in today's marketplace. When we met to discuss our plan and vision, Peter listened carefully and made excellent suggestions. The end product is better than we ever imagined! His insights and ideas helped us to create our dream kitchen! Thank you Peter!

thank you for your kind words Tim, it always makes me feel good when the people who have hired me are happy with the work that i have done. You and your family were very hospitable and i really appreciate that. thank you for taking the time to do this review for me, as i know you are a very busy person.

tammylast
tammylast
1 review Hamilton, ON

Backsplash

Peter did a fantastic job on our backsplash. We were very pleased with his work and the cost was very reasonable. I would highly recommend him.

Thank you Tammy, im glad that i could help

Kanda
Kanda

Bathroom renovations

I am very pleased with the tile work that was done on my 2 bathrooms in my house. Peter worked long hours every day to ensure that our home would be ready before the weekend as my parents were coming to stay with us from out of town. Him and his crew were very clean and polite, always ready to answer any questions that my husband or i had. Overall i would definately recommend AM to PM construction to anyone in my family as my experience with them was supherb. Thanks for the hard work guys.

it was my pleasure, i will always do my best to hit deadlines, while keeping the integrity of the work. i take a lot of pride in what i do and im always pleased when i see a happy customer

More about Am To Pm Construction

AM To PM Construction is here to help you with all of your cementing, tiling, self leveling, grinding floors, dry-pack, demolition, ceramic flooring and complete renovations. Proudly serving Mississauga and surrounding areas. Give us a call today for a free estimate!
Looking for Tile & Stone Contractors pros in Mississauga?