Topview Construction

Nick M in
Nick M in
1 review , ON

Interlocking

I was referred to this company through a family friend who indicated that he does this part-time. Initially I was impressed as Jason is a good talker and will tell you things you want to hear. At the same time, and through my referral, Jason also got a $30,000 contract with my neighbour. Over time I became concerned because Jason kept changing his story. Initially he told me he would dig out my shed for free and then later on he indicated that he needed an extra $200 for the bin. I also became concerned about his workmanship after checking another job that Jason completed (and I also referred him to) and I had drafted another document that included specific things that I wanted ie amount of inches to dig, bricks to be partially in the ground etc. etc. because the initial contract that Jason signed was vague. After Jason signed the secondary contract he took my deposit (50% totaling $5500) and indicated that my interlocking would be delivered the next day. Well my interlocking wasn't delivered and I texted Jason and recieved no response. I called the interlocking company and they indicated that both orders, including my neighbour, were cancelled and Jason was charged a 5% cancellation fee. I immediately contacted Jason and he indicated that he was going to call me. Jason stated that he was cancelling both jobs, including my neighbour, because he was "losing money"? Jason did return my deposit but he left us hanging because we waited weeks for him to start and the season is almost over. I will never do business with this company again. I also heard that Jason indicated that he cancelled our jobs because we kept changing our minds. The only thing I changed was adding an additional 400 sq ft (approximately $4000 more). I guess making more money is a concern? I blame myself as I thought price was the only thing to consider. Wrong. You get what you pay for. Also, I guess Jason was willing to lose a 5% cancellation fee (approximately $500) for cancelling the interlocking order on a job he said he was "losing money" on????