Amigos Interlock Services

Landscape Contractors & Designers
Newmarket ON L3Y 9E5
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Newmarket  >  Amigos Interlock Services

Reviews for Amigos Interlock Services

Avoid do not hire

****Avoid do not hire ****
Contracted Javier (Amigos interlock) to do my driveway and backyard which I later removed the backyard scope due to poor contract performance. Although they provide 5 year warrantee but if you call them they never show up.

They did 90% of the driveway in 3 weeks against initial quoted 3 days. Job was done very poorly per following:
1- the pavers were not put in a streight line until I stepped in complained . Attention to details sucks.
2- they had to fix my steps, all what was done was removal and replacement of the pavers, the slop was never fixed . Complained and Javier gave me some nonsense about how houses are sitting on rocks in newmarket and that's the best they can ... brought a second company and issue was fixed.
3- they cheapout on using palemeric sand and limestone screening , there are areas which gaps exist and still not fixed even after I showed to Javier and his crew.
3- They keep asking for money ahead of contractual terms. Avoid paying him. when they were 35% done Javier asked for the 2nd contractual payment which should've been asked for when they had done 50% of the job ... I told him your only 35% done however if your cashflow is low I don't mind prepaying you ahead of terms for 2/3 of what will be due . Instead he left the job site and removed his workers to corner me to payhim up...! To prevent having to deal with different contractor and end up double paying I agreed to pay . Which I shouldn't have cause Inended up bringing second company to fix the mess they called work of art.
4- they have left 4inch gaps between my borders and where my grass line is which they are supposed to be filled with limestone sand . Javier promised to come and fixed it. Well they did come in to fix other poor craftsmanship but he never fixed this,claimed he forgot to fix . By this time his was the 3rd time he said he will fix it and didn't. This after the second round of sealant was applied.
5- 2 days after the first round of sealant was applied there was white stains all over the pavers .. called him and after many heated conversation he came to fix it and resealed. But problem never went away.

6- they never used retainers for borders to keep the pavers from moving away . Brought a second company they were pretty much laughing at how these guys done the job .
I am filing a complaint against small claims court to bring these froudulant people to justice .

I tried keeping this story short. Hopefully this will help you make a right desicion . Newmarket/Aurora people be aware of poor performance which the company has.

bart in Toronto
bart in Toronto

Excellent Results

Very impressed and very pleased with the quality of work. My driveway is 20 years old. Amigos recommended not to replace it but instead leveled it, pressured wash it and sealed it. My driveway looks like new, and they helped me save thousands of dollars. Very honest guys

Bree in Newmarket
Bree in Newmarket

TERRIBLE WORK

My husband hired them off an ad from Kijiji. They came and started to work great. But then the sealing of the driveway and backyard around the pool was so sloppy. There are drip marks down my armoured rock, half the pool area was not even complete and we originally wanted shinny and they did in a matte finish and had to re do. Perhaps thats why they were made. Every 5 seconds they kept asking for their money. We were quoted $3000 and paid them $1000 a day. I feel so ripped off that we paid them the $2000 and now my husband has to finish the work. Complete waste of time. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Tom, Newmarket, ON in Newmarket
Tom, Newmarket, ON in Newmarket

Paving

Amigos Interlock Services
Newmarket
L3Y 9E5

Great Crew. Very responsive and professionals. We had our front driveway and back yard done by Amigos Interlock Services. Later, we referred the company to our neighbor who was very happy as well with the quote.

Walkway and Sod Laying

Javier from Amigos completed my walkway, which another contractor (Marc Andre Tardif) had abandoned and frauded me off with $1700. Javier gave me a competitive quote and his workers completed the job in time. He was flexible in slight changes. His rates are competitive than the other larger companies which have overheads. Make sure you specify any specific brands earlier if you need them.

Zhanna in
Zhanna in

Flagstone and grass

I hired this company to do flagstone and grass in my backyard. When we negotiated the price, which was not cheap at all, it was even increased due to the garbage bin I needed. When the job was completed Amigos left me all garbage on my driveway, and after they took money I could not reach them! They simply did not pick up the phone… I am not very happy with the quality of flagstone and grass they did, but this garbage left was over any limit. I would never hire or recommend this company. Greedy owner who does not care about quality of work or customer satisfaction.

Bahirathen in Newmarket
Bahirathen in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Driveway Expansion, landing and edge trimming

Saw the add on homestars and decided to get a quote. Not the cheapest quote but they understood what I wanted and how I wanted it. Javier gave a time frame of 3 days and weather permitting, his crew got it done. Weekends and late nights they stayed and put in maximum effort to achieve perfection. What was most important to me was that if I wanted something to be added to the project, Javier explained it to me in way that I understood rather than talking down to me then gave me his offer on what it would take him to add to the project. Javier's crew were friendly despite the language barrier and made sure to never damage the property or nearby vehicles.

If your looking for a someone with a flexible time frame and don't want to deal with the big guys who throw in $2000 to cost just for their name, Javier and Amigos Interlock Services is the way to go.

More about Amigos Interlock Services

Amigos Interlock Services (AIS) provides a range of new and specialized interlocking paving stone services, including, repair and restoration of your existing driveway, patio, or walkway. In addition, we also offer stone professional work on steps, structural retaining walls, and garden bed flowers. We offer our interlock services in the ...