Wimbush Mechanical

Caledon ON L7C 2V7

Reviews for Wimbush Mechanical

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Pool Heater

I've used Mark a number of times in the past (the quality & reliability of Jandy heaters has really declined). This year it was a failed ignitor. Mark was quick to determine the issue and replace the part and get me going. Mark is a sharp guy and great at troubleshooting. Best of all he's thorough; in this case, he also noticed a problem with my gas meter. Most guys might have thought it was another failed part internal to the heater but Mark tested careful and realized my meter was over-feeding/failing and that this was the underlying problem. I called Enbridge, they were skeptical at first but agreed to have a look, sure enough, they confirmed Mark's findings exactly (same measures) and replaced my meter the same day. Thanks Mark, great work!

thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate the feedback!
Glad we could help!

jOE in Caledon East
jOE in Caledon East

Took a recommentation from my pool company - a little pricey

Had my pool heater repaired today and had to pay over $600 for a part which I thought was overpriced. But the real kicker is that the warranty provided by this company was not adequate for such an expensive part. I also was refused a senior discount for the work despite their website saying that they offer one! I have no problem with the work that was done and I really appreciated that he had the part in his van. I was not serviced at the time scheduled but 3 or 4 hours later which may be a problem for some people. I think they should also tell customers in advance that they don't take credit cards. Fortunately I had the funds in cash.

Joe sorry to hear you did not appreciate our service. We do try our best. The price of the circuit board was shown to you directly from the manufacturer catalogue, if you have a problem with the cost of the part you might like to contact the manufacturer. We do not have control over the price.
We offer 1 year warranty on parts, that is the warranty we receive from suppliers and some electronic parts are only warrantied for the season. As for not servicing you on time we were to be there between 9-10am, and unfortunately we were held up on another job, as was explained to you on the phone. Sometimes unforeseen situations do arise. We were there approximately at 12pm Fyi: We do take cheque or etransfer. Thank you for bringing the senior's discount to our attention, upon review we discovered an old brampton listing showing that we do give a senior's discount, we do not have a website. We are willing to rectify that for you and will be in contact. We Hope your next experience is a better one.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Swimming Pool Equipment Service - Highly Recommended

Wimbush Mechanical are a breath of fresh air. They know their stuff, professional, pleasant to deal with, know a problem when they see it and then know how to fix it.
After suffering through using two other "expert" service contractors, one for a burnt out pump motor and another, a TSSA licensed gas contractor, specializing in pool heater startups, we called the equipment manufacturer to find out who they would recommend for servicing their product. Wimbush was the one name plus one other. Somehow, off the bat, realized that Wimbush understood the mechanics of a pool.
Callout to Wimbush was for a NG pool heater making a huge bang on ignition and for a possible pool pump size issue. History: Burnt out pool pump was replaced 2 years ago with a recommended energy efficient unit. We did not know at the time that the replacement was of a lower capacity, unable to perform the job.
The incorrectly sized pump and the internally, severely corroded 20+ year old heater have now been replaced.
The heater burner tray had never even been removed or touched during the recent failed startups.
After two years of trying to resolve the pool pump issue, Wimbush replaced it for approximately 70% of the original cost.
Could we have got the job done for less money, maybe, maybe not, we did not shop around, because in the big scheme of things the cost, while very important, was in the range but it saved hours of calls and emails and pleading to companies to return to put right, what we had already paid for.
During commissioning, Wimbush checked to confirm that the new pool pump was operating correctly, by way of a metered flow test, not just by "sucking eggs".
Could we have got a better job by a more knowledgeable company, very much doubt it, but am yet to find that other company anyway.
Highly recommend Wimbush for any pool equipment service work.

Thanks much for the great review, so glad you are happy! If you have any further issues don't hesitate to give us a call.

Susan
Susan
8 reviews Halton Hills, ON

For pool equipment repair and service look no further!

We had brand new pool equipment installed by some other local pool guys and they could not get it to work so it was producing chlorine. They had us call the manufacturer Zodiac to figure it out and Zodiac recommended Wimbush Mechanical. Mark came out the next day and with his 30 years of expertise he spent the time checking everything carefully and was able to repair without replacing any parts. He was also very personable explained things as he went. I was highly satisfied with his work and am going to share his business cards with the neighbors. Top notch! I wish I would have called him to do the install from the beginning including the gas for the pool!

Hi Susan

We appreciate the review! Glad we could help!

More about Wimbush Mechanical

At Wimbush Mechanical we service and repair pool heaters and pool automation equipment. Our pool heater service technician offers a wide variety of services, including basic maintenance of your pool, pool automation systems, restoration, equipment repairs, gas line installation, pool heater installations, and more. We are licensed gas technicians and ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Caledon?