Gato's Plastering

Review for Gato's Plastering

Marco Kyris in Toronto
Marco Kyris in Toronto

Home Renovation

I had an unfortunate and frustrating experience with this father/son co. The son, who was in charge and brought in another father/son duo too. 4 in all to do a variety of work inside and out on my residential property. They started out fine as I was here to guide them, but as soon I wasn't around as much due to 2 floors of renovation and top floor deck pergola, it all went up the creek. The son, who was in charge and brought in another father/son duo too. 4 in all to do a variety of work inside and out on my residential property. They started out fine as I was here to guide them, but as soon I wasn't around as much due to 2 floors of renovation and top floor deck pergola, it all went up the creek.

The second floor hardwood was a mismatch to the existing and flowing hallway floor. Their excuse was they didn't notice as it was covered by cardboard for protection. !!! And they bought it too!

The light switches for hall and open family room were mismatched too, as I asked them to re-configure it, they said it was a matter of taste!!

The second floor bath tiles were a mismatch to existing white subway tiles as they installed a new soaker tub, and said no one will notice.!!! It is still there and a few shades off the original white ones. They were behind at this point and still needed a week to finish, but asked them to come back as I had travel plans for 3 weeks as they ran over. They said now or never to finish and promised me all would be great. I was stressed but needed to go away. I let them work, and asked them for daily updates, but only got one update at the end of the job. With only a few side way fotos. I was not happy about it. I came back to find the worst restained 3 level stair job ever.!! It smelled so strong, as they did it the nite before but had 3 weeks to do it while I was away. But of course they took another job, and left my house to the last minute, hence the strong stain smell. Not cleaned or sanded, just applied on top and FULL of hairs embedded in the wood stair case!! I couldn’t sleep for days and it was now winter and no windows open. The paint job was done in patches as they skimped thru it all. On ALL levels. All patch work. Not one wall done for $3,500.!!!!! I verbally ripped them apart. They had 3 weeks while me not there and now I had to hire a new crew as they wouldn’t come back as they were too busy, and were offended by my choice of words of their job. Typical, crafty small-minded contractors. They cause me months of grief for this as I had to restain and re-paint the house over the winter with my furnishings in plastic. I lost out on the festive holidays and more. They refunded a portion of what I complained about but still short of about $3,500, which I am now going to small claims court over. They were phony and full of bologna like most. They also left old used materials that I had to dispose of myself. And yes all 3 bathroom fixtures and towel bar were improperly installed. Terrible supervision by Kevin, the key kid with arrogance too boot.