J.E.C Prestige

Reviews for J.E.C Prestige

Anc in Hamilton
Anc in Hamilton

Patio Stones

Job was going well until there were 2-3 days left and James threatened to pull his crew and walk out if I didn’t pay double what he quoted with no clear explanation as to why other than “I’m losing money on this job”. Ended up giving him another 30% just to finish the job - which he didn’t. Also, he claimed he wasn’t marking up materials at all. I called to check prices - he was marking up what I checked on by 200-300%. Very nice and did a very good job for the first 75%, and then completely ripped me off in the most unprofessional way imaginable at the end.

I am glad you enjoyed 75% of the work. However when extras are given the go ahead and then your refusal to pay the bill... I had no choice but to leave. Thanks for the work. I gave you the reciepts as the job went on. to call and check prices on a completely different product at a different suplier does not reflect on the prices given for the products used. Good luck with your future projects. sincerely James Smart.

Ron a.
Ron a.
1 review Hamilton, ON

Bathroom and powder room replaced

James was very helpful in deciding options for our renovations. We had an entire bathroom replacedand powder room redone. His crew was courteous and skilled, we stayed within our budget and close to the original quote. Happy with the results. We’ll use JEC again.

Thanks Ron we had a lot of fun bringing your design to life! we look forward to working with you in the future!

Dan
Dan
1 review Hamilton, ON

Complete bathroom renovation, dry walling and insulating of other rooms, plumbing and electrical fixed as well as various other work.

My wife and I had been reaching out to various contractors for suggestions on how to renovate our bathroom and other parts of the second floor of our home for some time now but the quotes for the work were always incredibly high because our stairway is very narrow and couldn't fit full sheets of drywall. James was the first person who ever looked at what we wanted to do and suggested removing one of our large second floor windows to bring through full sheets and save a lot of money on labor so we decided he would be the best for the job.

Over the course of the project which included full gutting of our bathroom, rerouting electrical and rerouting the plumbing as well as dry walling, insulating, and various other jobs (too many to list) around the home James has always been easy to reach, quick on answering questions and good at coming up with solution to some of the problems we ran into renovation a very old house with a lot of odd DIY from the previous owner. The people he employs have all been professional and leave the work site clean every day. One thing that really stood out to me about working with James was his attention to detail and making sure we were happy with what we ended up with. James made great suggestions on grout colour for the tiles and had certain details such as the chrome drain for the IKEA sink, the power outlets, and our old heating vent grate coloured matte black to match the rest of our bathroom hardware. I'm going to keeping Jame's contact info with me going forward and won't hesitate recommending his services to other people.

My wife and I are both very please with everything James has done and love our new bathroom.

Thanks for the great review Dan, it's fun working with people who know what they want! this made bringing your picture to life very easy! we are happy to hear you love the bathroom and look forward to future projects together! Thanks again, talk soon!

Susy
Susy
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Front Porch Makeover

I hired James and his crew to redo my old existing porch, listening to James and the boys recommendation, the end result looks amazing! I quite enjoyed talking to his crew as they were extremely friendly and polite, hard workers and very experienced at what they do. My home is now called the “White House” on the street. I would definitely recommend this company for any work you may have around the house, after all, I will be hiring them again next year! Thank you boys for a job well done!

Thanks Susy, we had a great time building your vision!
We are looking forward to working with you in the spring! Thanks again for the great review!

Kim P.
Kim P.

Front porch posts and railings.

James and his crew were very quick! They finished the job in 4 days, minimizing the disruption of our front porch reno. James was easy to talk to and worked dillegently to make my vision happen. We are very pleased with the results.

Thanks Kim, we had fun building it. we appreciate the great review. I hope we can help with any future projects.

tinaconnelly
tinaconnelly

Fence & deck

James and his crew were very pofessional. They showed up on time, worked hard and left things neat and tidy when complete. Great work at a fair price. Doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks Tina, it was a lot of fun working there! The guys and I are looking forward to finishing the posts in the back. see you soon!

Brock
Brock

Main floor remodel

I had a nightmare remodel that needed someone skilled to finish it up for me. I had nightmare contractor after nightmare contractor. James and his crew came in right away to help me finish. They put other jobs they were actively doing on hold to help me. They did a solid job. James has even gone as far to help me with the horrendous counter top that was installed by Shiny Granite. He is assisting me in getting a refund and the job done properly. He's called them and even gone to the store in person to tell them they suck. Warning: never use shiny granite. We have a couple little things left on my project but I already am looking to have him start some other projects for me. Be smart. Use james first, don't make the same mistakes I did. Just get James and JEC Prestige from the beginning.

Thanks Brock, it was a bit of a tough time in the beginning but the house looks Amazing! thanks again for the great review, we are always happy to help!

Highly recommended

It's nice to be talented, but the old saying is true: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Despite their obvious gifts, successful people like Kobe Bryant, Tim Cook, and Sheryl Sandberg wouldn't be where they were today without having insane work ethics.

Review has 1 previous version
What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Thanks Tara! this was a tough one to do, the result, made the work, worth every second! My team, and I enjoyed, finetunning the small details, thanks, for the great review! we look forward to future projects together.

hayley
hayley

Two Bathrooms

James and Drew always show up when they say they will. They are polite and tidy, and their prices are fair. But beyond that their quality of work is excellent. They do not cut corners or rush through jobs. The quality of workmanship is visible, and I have hired them for various other projects including two bathrooms, three large built-in projects, as well as outdoor decking work. I trust JEC Prestige and am not going to risk trying anybody else, when I know I am dealing with superb service and skills.

Thanks Hayley! it's been a lot of fun working together, we are always happy to help!

Steve
Steve

Outdoor deck

We were looking to replace existing deck with new deck and stone work. James and his crew did an excellent job understanding the work, sourcing materials, and getting the job done right. Very pleased with the final result. Thanks again James and team. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks Steve, we had a great time working with you! my crew and I are looking forward to future projects together!

More about J.E.C Prestige

J.E.C. Prestige, Is A custom renovations, builder.

Our team, is dedicated to giving the best new look, to any age house.

"Raising the bar of industry standard's"