Our experience has been very similar to the customer below with the Bathroom Tile Renovation Project; unfortunately we did not see this review before we hired John/Alpha & Omega for our Laundry Room Tile Project.
John was absolutely unreliable, had no respect for our time and DID NOT complete the job.
Here was our experience.
- We found John’s ad on Kijiji and scheduled a time for him to come by the property to provide a quote for 2 separate projects.
- Right off the start, he was not able to meet at the agreed time and day for “traffic” reasons (should have been a tell tale at this point); however once we did meet him, seemed like a nice guy and rates were good so we decided to go with him for the Laundry Room Tiling Project.
- No contract was signed, we agreed to a price (to be paid in cash) and timeline of 2 days for work completion over text message.
- Job was to start on Sept 21 at 8am, John texted me at 10:30am that day to let me know that he “got an emergency at one of his other projects and have to stay there to finish, and will come tomorrow morning to start and finish everything”.
- After various delays, he finally starts the job, and came at random times over the course of the next few days, to eventually “finish” the job on Sept 26.
- When he was “done”, he showed me the floors, however I couldn’t go into the laundry room to inspect the work as the grout was still wet and I couldn’t step on the floors. He had also left a few extra tiles and a bucket of water on 2 separate spots “to put some weight on the tiles to help them settle and stay in place”.
- A few hours after he left, I removed the extra tiles and bucket to clean/wipe the floors with water as he instructed.
- Upon doing this, I notice a number of things that was wrong with our floor:
o There were 2 tiles that were completely cracked
o 1 tile with no grout at all
o When I stepped on the floor, another tile cracked (there is clearly an issue with the subflooring that John put in)
o The tiles are not lined up at all
o Spaces between tiles are uneven
o An extra tile hanging off the side (should have been cut off)
- I contacted John immediately to advise him of the situation and he said “I will be there tomorrow to fix it tomorrow”
- It’s now been over 2 weeks, and John has not come back to fix the issues and complete the job; he continues to provide a date and time “I will be there tomorrow at noon” and then not show up and provide a number of different excuses:
o “I have to find the same tile”
o “I got a cold yesterday, I will come tomorrow evening”
o “I just got up, was in a coma from the cold, will come tomorrow”
o “Sorry, I have another really bad cold, will come for sure tomorrow”
o “I’m trying to call my worker to have him go there because I am at the hospital”
o “I can’t come today I’m going for a small operation right now, call my office and they will send one guy right away” (no one ever answers this so-called office line and it’s just a voicemail service)
o “I’m still at the doctors waiting, my hand is not good”
o “I’m busy with my wife today, I promise, I promise I will be there this evening”
o “I can’t come anymore, family emergency, my wife labour pains came” (apparently his wife is pregnant)
o “I’m going to the hospital my wife water broken and probably the baby is coming, I’ll call one of my guys to come to you”
We’ve also tried to give John one last chance to resolve this issue with us before we wrote this honest but negative review, and his response was that he didn’t care too much to resolve or about the review.
It has been an absolutely horrendous experience with John from Alpha & Omega, now due to his poor workmanship we need to hire someone else to re-do the entire job!!!
DO NOT HIRE JOHN AND/OR ALPHA & OMEGA, save your time and money.