273 New Brighton Walk Se Calgary AB T2Z 0E3
Five Star Roofing Corp.

Reviews for Five Star Roofing Corp.

M.K. Calgary in Calgary
M.K. Calgary in Calgary

Roof Repair

I contacted multiple roofing contractors to provide an estimate for the repair of an area of my roof where the plywood underlay had rotted. I received a call back from one contractor's office and was promised someone would call me. The return call never happened. When I contacted Five Star Roofing and left a message, Joanna called me back immediately. She was very pleasant and within short order (on a Sunday) came to my residence with Chris to inspect the job and inspected my whole roof. She provided a reasonable quote and committed to fit in the relatively small job. After the snow melted Chris and Joanna arrived at my house where Chris completed the repair. He explained exactly what he did and sent me pictures of the various stages of the repair. He cleaned up after the job and I found him to be very honest and caring in the performance of his job. I would definitely recommend Five Star Roofing, Joanna and Chris for any job; big or small.

Thank you so much for the kind words! We’re thrilled you had a great experience with us! We do our very best to ensure all of our clients are truly satisfied, regardless of the size of the project! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Matthew in Calgary
Matthew in Calgary

Happy with the work

Joanna was a great to work with, all communications with her were responded to quickly. Completed the work quickly and cleaned up the area. On the quote she gave me a good/better/best options for the shingles and was the only company to do this. I'm sure I could have gotten this from others by asking but it was nice to have this up front and help with my decision.

Hi Matthew! Thank you so much for the awesome review and feedback! I'm thrilled that you had a great experience and everything was completed to your satisfaction! We look forward to working with you on your next project!
Joanna

Kayla Y in Calgary
Kayla Y in Calgary

Roof Replacement, Vinyl Siding, Eaves, Soffits, Fascia, Etc.

From start to finish, our experience with Joanna, Chris, and Five Star Roofing Corp. has been a dream. I'll start by saying that I'm someone who gets anxious about big renovation projects because I'm always worried about unexpected "extra" costs coming up. We hired Five Star to do a roof, vinyl, eaves, soffit and fascia replacement, so I was definitely nervous about getting started since it was such a huge project. Joanna was so amazing, answering all of my questions, walking through different options for everything from colour to material. She was incredibly patient in all of our back and forth e-mails, especially since I was having a hard time deciding on colour for our house and our roof. She provided us with addresses of other homes that Five Star had completed, so we could go out and see the colours on an actual home. When I found a house I liked that had not been completed by them, she went out to the house to colour match a sample for us. Every question we asked was answered in a timely manner, and so professionally. Joanna and Chris ended up spending time chatting with my husband and I (and our kids) about things unrelated to our project on more than one occasion because they are just so friendly and pleasant to deal with. I never felt like they were in a hurry when they interacted with us - it meant a lot to know that they were willing to spend time not just on our project, but on getting to know our family as well.

I was totally shocked when our roof was completed in a single day. What a treat it was to come home after work and have the project finished (with no extra surprises, I might add!) The siding/soffit/fascia etc. took just under two weeks, and the crew was totally accommodating to all of our questions and requests, and cleaned up once they left. Once again, no surprises.

We have spent the past three days just standing across the street, staring at our house because we are SO happy with the final product. I'm so glad we found Five Star, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to ANYONE. In fact, we've already given their info to one of our neighbours! I'd be happy to provide a reference for this company for anyone considering having a project completed by them. They truly deserve FIVE STARs.

Wow, Kayla! That was so touching! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us! We are thrilled you chose to work with us and that the final product is everything you wished for! Our goal is to make sure each and every one of our clients is truly satisfied with their new exteriors and we’re so glad we were able to do that for you! We really enjoyed all of our chats and the countless bear hugs we got from the munchkins - definitely a bonus!! Welcome to the Five Star Family!!

taylordean57 in
taylordean57 in
1 review Big Stone, AB

Couldn't be happier

I couldn't be happier with the level of service and quality of work we received through Five Star roofing. Communication was great, expectations were clear, timelines were met, and the job was done exactly as I expected it would be. The roof looks perfect and they left the site clean.

I strongly recommend Five Star, I'm definitely going to hire them for my next job.

Hi Taylor! Thank you so much for all the kind words. We are so happy you had a great experience and that you are thrilled with the results! We can't wait to help with the next project on your list!

Sterilize It in Leduc
Sterilize It in Leduc

Flashing Repair

Joanna and her crew showed up today to repair my flashing that had come off in a windstorm. They came on time, were prepared, and fixed the flashing better than the original installers! Great job!

Thanks so much for the awesome review! Glad we could get that fixed up for you!! Look forward to working together again! Thanks!!

Ken Burak  in Calgary
Ken Burak in Calgary

Skylight replacement; cedar shake roof repair

Competent, capable, courteous, professional, punctual. I manage property professionally and have dealt with contractors for 30+ years. Five Star was very prompt in responding to my initial call (the same day) responsive in providing a written quote and prepared to take on an unpredictable project that a couple other contractors were unprepared to tackle. Five Star ordered the odd size skylight and materials and scheduled the installation immediately upon it’s arrival. I’m a fussy guy about appearance and workmanship but I was completely pleased with both. Their cost was competitive with other quotes I received, but more importantly, I had a strong sense of confidence that they would do the job right, and I was dealing with people who were actually doing the work... and I was not
disappointed. I have not the slightest hesitation in saying this is a contractor that you can rely on for cost, service and quality of workmanship. And, you will not find more pleasant people to deal with.
May, 2018, Ken Burak

Wow Ken, thank you so much for taking the time to write this awesome review! We are so thrilled you chose Five Star Roofing for this project and had such an amazing experience!! Can't wait to work with you again on your future projects!

Kate
Kate

Five Star Roofing saved the day!

When a waterfall of melting snow poured through my bedroom ceiling from the exterior upper balcony of my 100 year old home, Five Star Roofing came to the rescue. They were one of the few companies willing to take on the major task of redoing the flat roof in early March. They stopped the leak until they could complete the job in warmer weather. They replaced the old roof, siding, sealed the balcony rails and redid the entire balcony area, turning it into a liveable exterior space. They also insulated, drywalled, and painted the bedroom ceiling and when they left it, nothing was left behind to clean up.

Joanna and Chris were respectful of time and so easy to have around. They offered numerous options with pricing to match and their craftsmanship was exceptional. The end result looks fantastic!

Knowing my house was in their capable hands relieved my stress level significantly. Choosing Five Star Roofing was one of the best choices I've made in a long, long time and I would not hesitant to contract them in the future. Kate N.

Wow! Thank you so much for the amazing review, Kate! We are so thrilled we were able to put together a system that will truly work in that space! Likewise, it was a pleasure to work with you as well and we are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us! We look forward to any future projects you may have!

Homeowner in Calgary
Homeowner in Calgary

Skylight Ice Dan

Last Friday night my wife noticed a leak in our upper floor ceiling. After heading into the attic I noticed it was coming from near the skylight. I suspected an ice dam but needed someone to confirm. My wife put out a call on a Facebook group for roofing company recommendations late that Friday night. Early Saturday morning Five Star Roofing had reached out directly offering roof inspection assistance. I immediately called and they came by later that afternoon. Chris confirmed it was an ice dam and went on the roof to inspect. Chris spent almost an hour clearing snow and 3inches of ice from the roof and around the skylight. Saved me a large water damage bill. Chris and Joanna are genuinely nice people and i would recommend them to anyone needing roofing or exterior house work.

I will be calling Five Star back in the spring for a full roof inspection.

Hi Roger, thanks for the awesome feedback! We are so glad you had a great experience with us. You definitely caught that leak in the nick of time, happy we could help! We look forward to working with you again on your future projects! Thanks!

Rickie
Rickie

Fix roof, eavestroughs, installed eavestrough covers

We were happy with the roof repair. We found them to be honest and to take pride in their work. We appreciate all the help that they have been and particularly their willingness to stand behind their work.

Review has 2 previous versions

Hi Rickie! Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are so happy we were able to help you with your repairs and that we exceeded your all your expectations!!

Mechanicalh in Calgary
Mechanicalh in Calgary

Roof and Eavestrough replacement

I am extremely happy with this company. There are professional , honest, qualified, and reasonably priced. they have completed the project on time as they promised and they even followed up on the work with a second visit for a final inspection . Before proceeding with the work, they showed up at my house to present us with the variety of shingles colours. Very friendly and caring. The client satisfaction is their first priority.
Never hesitate to call them again. Finally, got a good contractor to do an excellent job in Calgary. Highly recommended .

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this wonderful review! We are thrilled that you are so happy with our work and had as great of an experience working with us as we did with you!!

(403)-999-9540

More about Five Star Roofing Corp.

Five Star Roofing Corp. (FSRC) is a full-service exterior construction company serving Southern Alberta. FSRC was incorporated in March 2017. We have full WCB coverage, $2M Commercial General Liability coverage, and a Business License to operate in Calgary.

We have in-house installation crews for each of the following: sloped roofing, flat roofing, siding, soft metals and eavestroughs, as well as stucco and masonry. We work with all the major material suppliers across Southern Alberta, ensuring specific material requirements can be met. We offer a 15-year workmanship warranty on our roofing and siding projects and 10-year workmanship warranty on our stucco and stone projects, all while maintaining customer service as our number one priority.

Our Management Team is comprised of highly qualified individuals that are best suited for this company and industry. Their wide range of knowledge, skills, and experience ensure accuracy and efficiency in everything we do. Joanna Oslonski, our CEO and Project Director, is a Mechanical Engineer with over 6 years of experience working on multi-million-dollar industrial projects. Chris Beck, our COO, has over 22 years of exterior installation and project management experience. Our Construction Manager, James Eilander, who has over 25 years of experience in exterior installation and project management.