1. They finished their job badly and left the site dirty.
2. They left our other contracted work half way and ran way with our over $5k deposit.
3. When we tried to call/email them for the deposits and fixing the bad job they did, they chose to ignore us.
4. The company's boss was extremely rude when we pointed out his teams work was not done properly.
At the beginning , We hired Parge Plus only for foundation, wall raising, water proofing work. They came in with their friendly attitudes and willing to work with other trades, so we like them. The total amount of contracted work, we have to them is around 100K ( we are building our own house). Unfortunately,when they did my block wall raising, we found the meansurment was wrong. This is confirmed by our other trade, the framing team we hired. Plus, they have NOT levelled the block walls when they raising them. Any team with a bit more experience would know to level the wall so that framer can build properly.
In our contract, Parge Plus has guarantees each job, but they are just on paper. When we called them to fix their errors, they kept postponing and eventually stopped answering our emails or calls.
They still hold our over $5K deposit for the future work. Obviously, they have decided to fire us and take our deposit. To fix the messy they have made for our new construction, we had to pay extra a few thousand dollars and it had delayed the project for 4 weeks!
Leigh, the owner, looked a like a nice guy at the beginning. When we refused him for his recommend framer friend, his attitude started changing. We still tried to continue our contract with him and were nice to him. Until our hired framing team confirmed that the walls were not properly raised, we had finally realized why he was trying to sell us his own contacted team. When we called him back to fix his work, he kept changing his words about his mess and delaying our project.
We started looking things differently and realized that we were way to nice and tolerant to his team. After a serious talk with Leigh, he felt offended that we pointed out all wrong measurements and work with bad quality. He decided to end our contract and ran away with the deposit we have paid for future work. His excuse is " I cannot work with all these negativities". Excuse Me?! If your team had done a good job, where could have you get those negativities from a tolerant client?
I will be more than happy to provide photos and evidences to anyone who has a double about my review.
Here is the list of jobs we have contract with them:
1. Raising 4 walls with blocks -- a few blocks fall off already; big mistake on one window opening with is connected with the wall raising;
2. Exterior Waterproofing - terrible refill of the dirt. The site was left messy.
3. Basement drainage replacement- basement was open, without replacement, all dirt and concrete were in my basement without being removed.
4. Front porch footing and steps - the hole was opened by then and still open. No further job has been done after that.
5. Stucco- not done
6. Stone on one entire exterior wall. - not done.
7. Rough-in plumbing - not done.