Global Vu

Reviews for Global Vu

jvidinov in Markham
jvidinov in Markham

Wireless Alarm System

Global Vu installed a wireless alarm system in my home January 2017. The previous system was previously hard wired and was about 20 years old and gave us no problems. We wanted to upgrade the technology so we decided to get a whole new system. We went with Global Vu because they got a very competitive monthly rate. The customer service was very good and the people were very nice to work with and welcoming, however the system itself in my opinion is very poor quality. Once the alarm was installed and we were connected with the monitoring centre we kept on getting failure signals from different zones. Sensors stopped working and batteries in many of the units wore out quickly. We have never been able to get the patio door zone to work properly, along with a basement window and the bedroom panel. The main panel has a consistent failure signal too and the monitoring centre consistently calls us twice a week because of system failures. We have had to change the battery in the smoke detector three times. The supervisor Val was very helpful in the beginning and constantly came to fix the alarm, however he was getting frustrated himself and said that he never had this problem before. We constantly need to call into the monitoring company to fix the system failures so unless Global Vu invests in a wireless technology that is more reliable I don't recommend the product. You will need constant servicing which will cost you a ton of money after the three months are up. Below is an image of the additional master bedroom pin pad that came in the package. Overall Global Vu was a good company to work with, however I am very disappointed with all the problems I'm consistently having with their product.

Karen
Karen
23 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Had my Xplornet Internet satelite dish hooked up

Global Vu
1-800-997-6016
Aurora
L4G 0H8

Just switched internet provider to Xplornet and they hire Global Vu to come to do the Internet hook up - with new satellite dish and modem and router. Roman was the technician who came, he was great and explained everything he was going to do, and got my internet all hooked up and working great. They also do Video Surveillance and security systems, which I may check into.