Rapid Home Solutions

Reviews for Rapid Home Solutions

Harley in Toronto
Harley in Toronto

Buyer BEWARE!

Rapid Home Solutions ripped me off.
This company had a door to door salesman sell my mother a furnace and tankless water heater. The cost of this equipment and service is likely 100% more than it should have been from a reputable contractor.
The company used a subcontractor to install the equipment and the install was poorly done. As a licensed plumbing and heating contractor myself I can say that all the corners that could be cut to make additional profit were cut. I’m not confident that this contractor used qualified tradespeople.
There was no permit issued by the City of Calgary for this work and the equipment had been in operation (when it works) for the last three months without being inspected. If there were a fire or other tragedy the company would have no responsibility. The provincial operations manager (***) told me over the phone that a permit had been pulled from the City of Calgary for this work. I called to verify this claim and confirmed that there were NO permits issued for the work done.
The salesman promised great performance from this equipment but the promises have fallen short and the performance does not meet expectations.
My mother feels as though this company is preying on seniors and she has been greatly taken advantage of.
I absolutely would NOT recommend this contractor to anyone and we are conferring with the governing bodies to find a course of action.
This is a letter my mother wrote to the BBB and city of calgary.

My name is **** and I am a senior citizen. On or about August 22, 2018, **** ******(phone #***-***-****) came to my door. I have a very noticeable sign on my front door which says "no agents peddlers, or solicitors". But **** ******* rang my door bell anyways.
To make a long story short, he sold me a furnace and a hot water on demand.
I had no idea that the furnace required a permit. Let me repeat myself, I am a senior citizen, age 73, and I don't know about these things. **** made no mention of a permit or of an inspection to follow.
One morning I got up, turned the furnace up, and it didn't go on for 30 minutes. Then it came on and worked well. Then another morning I turned the furnace on and it didn't go on for 1 & 1/2 hours. I called **** ****** and the call went directly to voice mail, and shortly after that, *******, the installer, came over and looked things over and said there was nothing wrong. My son, *****, asked him about the permit and ******* said "not my problem, phone the office."
So, I'm stuck. The old furnace has been ripped out, the new furnace is installed, the company has my money, ******** has been paid, and I have not had a permit taken out and I've had no inspection. If I had a fire, would my insurance cover the damage? I don't think so. I need a permit taken out and an inspection!!!
While **** ******* was filling out forms for me to sign, he made no mention of a permit or an inspection.
I'm so upset. I feel that I have been taken advantage of with this whole situation.

P.S. The fresh air intake is getting its air from within the furnace room. Is not the fresh air supposed to be coming from the outside? Also, there is a 6" pipe letting cold air into the house all day and night. Doesn't that negate the efficiency of the heating system?

Tim in Calgary
Tim in Calgary

Older Furnace Repair

Thermostat and furnace were not communicating. Submitted HomeStars request in evening and got a call back from RHS in about 15 minutes...that is what I call rapid! Jay arrived as scheduled and systematically diagnosed the problem. He patiently explained what he found, proposed a solution, and gave me a quote. He returned a few days later to install a slightly hard-to-find part given the age of the furnace. Even though the part was slightly more expensive than he estimated, Jay stuck to his original quote. Overall, excellent experience.

Thank you for your review Tim! We strive to have quick reliable service and we are pleased to hear you experienced that. Thankfully this furnace issue got resolved before the winter! Jay would be happy to hear you were pleased with his work, enjoy a warm winter Tim thanks again!

Errol Walsh
Errol Walsh

Strongly recommend

We loved our new air conditioner so much that were already looking into buying a furnace before the upcoming cold months! Rapid Home Solutions has met all possible expectations, and we strongly recommend the company.

Thank you for the review Errol, much appreciated and thanks again for hiring us. It was our pleasure to install your new Air conditioner for you, we look forward to working with you in the future!

Thomas Joslin
Thomas Joslin

Really impressed

Rapid Home delivered great services to my family. We were really impressed with how great the employees were here and how quick it was getting the air conditioner home safe!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and review Thomas! Happy to hear our team made your experience a good one.

Johanna Reynold
Johanna Reynold

Can not wait

Had some great work done by Rapid Home. Love the new air conditioner and can not wait to try out the furnace too! They are speedy and experienced service providers.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and review Johanna! We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and happy to hear everything has been working great for you. Thanks again!

Mathias Pedersen
Mathias Pedersen

Trustworthy

Never thought I’d be this ecstatic over an air conditioner! I definitely recommend Rapid Home and their amazingly quick services. If you’re looking for something stress free and a great, trustworthy company, I highly recommend going to Rapid Home.

Thank you for submitting a review for us Marthia! We're glad you're happy with your new Air conditioning system and our service. Thanks again for hiring us it was a pleasure to work for you.

Sander Danielsen
Sander Danielsen

Excellent

I’m very happy with my business with Rapid Home Solutions. We had some trouble with other companies regarding installation and customer service, but experienced nothing short of excellence with this company!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and review Sander! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

Liam Oliver
Liam Oliver

Satisfactory Service

I’m really happy with my decision on going with Rapid Home for my new air conditioner and furnace. I never have to worry about an uncomfortable sleep or long summer day. The whole house now feels happy to come home knowing temperatures will be satisfactory, no matter what the weather may be outside! Consider them for your home!

Thank you Sander for your comments and taking the time write a review for us! We're glad you're happy with the outcome and look forward to serving you again. Cheers!

Victor Lora
Victor Lora

Happy with the service

I travel often for work and was wanting a reliable air conditioner that would keep my family cool and comfortable this summer while I was gone. Rapid Home provided just that. I’m very happy with the service and plan to continue my relationship with them in the coming years.

Thank you for the review Victor, much appreciated and thanks again for hiring us. It was our pleasure to install your new Air conditioner for you, we look forward to working with you in the future!

Lori McCullough
Lori McCullough

Trusted company

My family of five was in dire need of a new AC unit, as the summer months are among us, we were in search of a reliable company to keep our home nice and cool. A friend recommended Rapid Home Solutions, after researching the company and reviews, we decided to place our trust in them. They haven’t let us down yet, Rapid was extremely thorough, and helpful throughout every step of the way. Our technician explained the process from start to finish and answered all of our questions confidently, leaving us feeling as though our family was in good hands.

Thank you very much for submitting a review for us Lori! I'm glad you're happy with our service and it was a pleasure to install your AC system for you. Thanks again for hiring us!

More about Rapid Home Solutions

Rapid Home solutions is a family owned and operated HVAC and Plumbing company since 2009. All of our technicians are certified and trained to help you with installations, repairs, replacement and preventative maintenance. We are known for our values of honesty, integrity and will treat your home as if it's our own.