Moose Basements Toronto

Reviews for Moose Basements Toronto

Alia
Alia

Basement reno

We were pleased with Moose Group. Our basement apartment required a facelift so my mother could move into our home. We weren’t looking for a budget renovation, we needed a reno that would make my mother feel that she was getting more than a dingy budget basement apartment. Moose Group definitely delivered on that. With their expertise we were able to improve the layout to increase floor space, increase natural light, add laundry, and create a space that was bright and airy. The kitchen and bathroom were finished beautifully, all the finishes go together so well. Needless to say my mother is very pleased. Working with Daniel was a pleasure, his expertise allowed us to learn through the process and gave us confidence with our decisions. Alex and his team were very accommodating to our changes and had good thoughtful suggestions when we approached any kind of complication in the project. The project itself finished on par with their original quote, there were just a few minor additions we added during the project that were reasonably priced. Throughout the entire project Moose Group strived to please and for that we were grateful.

Dee in Toronto
Dee in Toronto

Brampton Basement Reno

I made decision to start home basement renovation back in November 2019. The begin process was very professional and detailed oriented. After meeting with 4 other contractors we decided to go with Moose Basement.

I was presented with a contract and signed off it December that year. I was assigned with a project manager and started our reno January 2020. Everything went well and according to schedule. The project manager and his team far exceeded our expectations. From the start of the project they maintained excellent daily communication, follow up, assist and gave expertise advice and guidance where needed. All my questions where answered and any concerns where addressed in a timely fashion. The quality of work was exceptional. The team arrived on time each day, while the project manager overlooked each stage and promptly addressing changes along the way. Unfortunately, the project was slightly delayed at the end due to the immediate country lockdown of the COVID-19 pandemic. But once the industry was given the go ahead to proceed and complete any ongoing projects the Moose Basement team proceeded to complete the project to code. We were extremely happy and relived.

Now 1 year later since the completion of the my basement renovations I was able to reach out to Alex and his team regarding some minor repairs and Alex made sure to have areas of concern addressed in a timely matter and according to the terms of the contract.

Choosing Moose Basement was a great choice and we are loving the new extended space in our basement. Moose Basement were professional and truly committed to ensuring a positive client experience. We are very satisfied with the amazing transformation of our basement and would happily use them again and definitely recommend Alexander and his team.

Zubair
Zubair

Excellent timely workmanship

Mine was a turn key basement with permits and following the construction code. From start to finish the company did a fantastic job despite covid closures. The workmanship is outstanding.

1 review Stayner, ON

Incomplete reno

Reno started after receiving permit in November. Now into March. No one has been on site to complete work and clean up. Been left like this for over 2 weeks with diggers and dirt in the backyard. Poor communication. My stairs have inconsistent tread, some steps would be wider and some narrower. I would not recommend Moose. They will stall your reno and then finish with an inconsistent look.

Review-Davel Construction in Mississauga
Review-Davel Construction in Mississauga

Basement Renovation

We would like to take this opportunity to recognize Moose Basements for the outstanding job they did at our property.

We hired Moose to finish our basement in 2019. We were very happy with the results and have received many compliments from friends and family. What a transformation they achieved with our basement!

In particular, we would like to thank the following individuals for their professionalism, commitment and contribution to the success of our project:

We first met with Steve, our sales representative. He represented Moose very well from the beginning with his professionalism, integrity and trust. Steve was very knowledgeable, approachable, honest, patient and pleasant to work with. He always follow-up on any questions/issues and ensured that immediate action was taken and any issues were resolved in a timely manner. Thank you, Steve, for the wonderful job you did. Very much appreciated!

Then we met Mark, the founder. Mark was very polite and pleasant to deal with and talk to. He was easygoing and always tried his best to accommodate all our requests and address our concerns in a non-stressful and professional manner. Mark was very involved with our project to ensure everything ran smoothly from start to finish. We trusted him completely.

We started the actual project by meeting with Yuri, the Layout Designer. Yuri designed the basement for us as per our requests. He understood our needs and gave us very valuable input and advice along the way. He designed a basement that maximized our existing space, and with safety compliance in mind. Yuri worked very hard to complete the drawing within the timelines required so we could proceed with the project on time. He was detail-oriented and trustworthy. It was very pleasant working him. His 3D design helped bring our project to life.

Then we met with Christine, the Interior Designer. My husband and I had lot of fun picking materials and paint colors for our project. With Christine’s expertise, knowledge and professional advice, everything went smoothly and stress-free because she made our decision making very easy for us knowing that we have selected the right materials and colours with confidence. Everything went as planned and we could not be happier with our selections. Thank you, Christine, for your expertise and valuable input.

The Moose team executed the project with excellence under Alex—our project manager. Alex was always polite, trustworthy, very approachable, flexible and pleasant to work with. He was very respectful and adopted well to change. He addressed all of our issues/concerns in a timely manner and with competence. He took the time to explain and resolve issues quickly. Alex ensured that we were satisfied and did everything possible to achieve the results we wanted.

The Moose’s trades and contractors were fantastic to work with from start to finish. They were knowledgeable, supportive, effective and respectful.

We don’t want to end this review without recognizing and thanking Igor. He’s one of Moose’s employees. Igor is a very hard worker. He took pride in performing his job well and produced high quality work. Igor treated our house as his own. He is detail-oriented and trustworthy. He did a fantastic job with our floor and fireplace. He often stayed late and worked in weekends if needed to ensure his tasks were completed and timelines were met.

Thank you, Moose for a wonderful experience. We would not hesitate to recommend you to our family, friends and will use Moose again for our future projects!

Best regards,

Tom & Tobinh

0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

I’m glad I choose Moose Basements.

After two years of having my basement done I decide to share with you guys on my experience with the Moose Basements I hope my review will help you with your choices. I would like to start at the beginning, sales team
was very friendly and respectful as you would expect from professional specially when you about to spend almost 50k
with them:) so we set up a contract and Mark (CEO) told me
to prepare my payments in advance so when certain stage is done I do my part I pay my bill right away with out delays
So they can finish within agreed time frame , which is fare enough every body need to do their part that’s why I hired them. Then I got to meet a very creative designer she was very knowledge and her ideas was bright and I like everything she suggest, work flow was very easy and intuitive, and project was hustle free at list for me because I prepared my cheques in advance like Mark told me and only thing is left for me is enjoying the process, so I did:)
After my renovation was done and I had to see with my eyes that contractor was also professional because I liked what I’ve seen ! And also need to mention that after year and half I had some minor silicone problem in the shower so I contact Moose Basenents and within a week it was done for free because there is warranty on what they do , and I guess this is what I payed for, for good service fir warranty for hustle free renovation and for been treated like boss,
I can’t deny it felt good!! So here it is I hope my review was a helpful . Special thanks to Mark for customer service beyond expectations and to Alex for all hard work and keeping me worry free .

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

York Mills house basement - exceptional work

Steve and Mark convinced us to go with Moose Basements for our basement renovation project with their attractive pricing and professional engagement. On execution, Alex was flawless and delivered a finished space that was exceptional. Along the way as we changed some aspects of our design, Alex patiently worked with us and also helped with providing solutions and guiding the project through all required permitting updates and inspections. We highly recommend the Moose Basement team, they do quality work professionally and are very responsive all at a very reasonable price.

Frank in Toronto
Frank in Toronto

Not satisfied with basement renovation

I wanted to share my experience with Moose Basement, with whom we decided to go after extensive research, including reading online reviews and calling referrals. We were promised a lot and let me tell you, nothing close to it was delivered.
There was a constant lack of communication, the crew did not care about getting the best quality and finishes and the project manager rarely showed up to follow up on the progress.
From what we've heard from the subcontractor they used, they do not pay their contractors and it shows.
Be careful with the multiple 5 star reviews you read online over a short period of time, some may be fake. Hopefully our own experience will help others make a more educated decision on who they pick for their basement project.
There are plenty of better competitors out there!

Thank you for taking time reviewing our company, Unfortunately we couldn't find client of this name in our records for past 3 years.

More about Moose Basements Toronto

Moose Basements is committed to building and remodeling quality basements that are functional, safe and durable. We continually measure the needs and dreams of our customers, and we deliver the basement design and style they desire.
***
Our services areas include Toronto, North York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Stouffville, Woodbridge, Milton, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville and more.
***
With hundreds of projects completed in the Greater Toronto Area, more than basements, we also build residential homes from the ground up with complete general contracting service, interior design, and final trim.
***
If you desire a playroom, a home theater, a wet bar, a new bathroom & kitchen in basement, a rental unit or anything else, we can make it happen with our basement finishing, remodeling and renovation services.
***
Moose Basements is a one-stop shop, offering fixed pricing, warranty, and 100% customer satisfaction when our job is completed.
- Basement renovations