Park Royal Homes

Builders
Park Royal Homes

Reviews for Park Royal Homes

Worst builder I have dealt with and it was #5

Built with ParkRoyal in Aspen Trails sh pk. Moved Apr 2018 and still having issues. We had 43 issues on list (emails to prove this) and still not resolved. When we moved in I told them our shower was not draining properly. They came out and “fixed it” and on our 31st day water came through the basement ceiling and damaged my coffee table too. Have not received any compensation. The plumber came out days later and showed Larren their supv and I the photo of a toilet paper roll being used as part of the plumbing under the shower. I was appalled. Issues include missing screens for weeks and it was a hit summer and could not open windows, missing light fixtures, microwave not installed and missing trim kit, wall not painted and showing green dry wall and no baseboard in master ensuite, fireplace completely tiled over unlike plans showing opening for tv to be hung; damaged floors and cupboards, cut my upgraded counters incorrectly and did not put in tip out under sink; shelves missing in laundry room, broken window put in, put up lights with finger prints, when shower leaked workers left hand prints over walls and eventually I cleaned as cleaners did not come for 6 weeks, did not put taps on tub as per plan and came back to fix but did not put wand in tub as paid for, deck nailer placed on back of house when it was cancelled and had to add siding afterwards and the list goes on. Some of these things have been fixed or I have allowed a solution for. I asked for some compensation but was told that I was given 3 under counter storage units for no cost. This was the solution for not getting the tip out. However they put in ones that were not agreed on and do not fit. We thought the cost was good but in the end every upgrade costs so much you are better off with a different builder. I have not shared most of my issues, just a couple and I have the emails and pictures to support these comments.
This was my 5th build and the worst. If building in this area, go with Coventry Homes. We used them for our Emerald Hills home and would recommend them by far. We had a couple of issues with them but they stood by and fixed them. Even compensated us for things that were not directly their fault but the trades they used. I Believe that there is always going to be a few issues but it is how you go about fixing the issues. DO NOT BUILD WITH PARK ROYAL. I am only doing this review to save you the grief we have endured.

New Home

We bought our first new Home from Park Royal Homes at Crystallina Nera Way NW in the North East of Edmonton. Our experience with Park Royal Homes has been amazing. During close out/walk through training, the Builder explained all that we needed to know from insurance to the operations of our appliances. We haven't any significant issue with the house. A few concerns were immediately taken care of. Communication with Park Royal Homes Customer service has just been great. This is a great builder and they care about the satisfaction of their homes owner. I will recommend and use them for my future work.

New Home

We bought our first new home from Park Royal Homes at Crytallina Nera - North East Edmonton. Since we moved in we haven't had any issues. Before we moved in things were explained to us in detail at their office and subsequently during a walk through/teaching session. They did an amazing job by showing us how everything worked in our new home and warranties. The house was very clean both in and outside. Subsequent support and communication has been amazing. We are happy and definitely will consider them for future work.

Bender19 in Edmonton
Bender19 in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Not professional, don't care about quality.

They cut corners every where.
Employ unskilled non ticketed contractors.
They just want your money.
Take no pride in what they do.
They are a business that some how got into building homes, instead of being a home builder that grew into a business.
They didn't even clean my place before I moved in.
There is a reason they are not Accredited by the Better Buisness Buro.

Caroline Unruh from Sherwood Park
Caroline Unruh from Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

New home

We are very happy with our new Park Royal Home in Aspen Trails! Everything was well explained and that really helped us to understand the process and deadlines which are associated with home building. From the sales consultant to the interior designer and also the guys building our home, everyone was very helpful. When our kids are older, we’ll be back to see these guys for a bigger home!!

Brian from Spruce Grove
Brian from Spruce Grove

New House Build

This builder is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. Once you sign the contract they are extremely difficult to deal with. When issues arise they find any reason not to take responsibility for there mistakes. We had a mold issue in our basement which they came in to fix. They didn't treat the area correctly and now the mold has returned and is even worse then before. I brought a mold remediation company to evaluate the situation and get a quote/report. I submitted the quote/report to Park Royal that clearly shows that the manor they treated the mold the first time was 100% incorrect and actually promoted mold growth. I asked them to bring in the proper personnel in to deal with the mold properly. The response I got back was no surprise. They said the warranty had expired and they would not do anything to correct the issue. Now I'm suck with a bill to fix this problem even though it is an issue they should be responsible for. This is just one of many issues I have had with them but don't have time to list them all. I would never recommend this builder to anyone and would strongly urge anyone thinking of building with them to reconsider.

Bob from Edmonton
Bob from Edmonton

Home Build

The customer service with this company is abysmal. Once you sign a contract with them, you go from being their best friend to being treated like a second class citizen. We've had nothing but issues with them from the moment they broke ground, till after their warranty period. The workmanship is terrible, getting your warranty serviced never happens on time, or just never happens at all. Their site supervisors keep quitting, and whoever comes to take their place hides behind customer service and use them as a shield to ignore you. If by some miracle you do get to speak to them, they're rude. A good suggestion would be to send them to some soft skills classes. The only good thing about this company is the person that helped us pick our home, but they made a wise choice and quit the company. Please think twice, and look somewhere else, before considering building a home with Park Royal Homes. I've already guided 6 friends that were looking to build a home to not consider Park Royal Homes. There's a reason they don't want to be listed on the BBB.

Extremely unhappy from Edmonton
Extremely unhappy from Edmonton

New Home In Parkland

We started this process back in Oct 2012 and we were told we would have our house by early fall, we moved in 5 days before Christmas. I would not recommend Park Royal Homes to any one. There are so many different things that upset us I could not get it all in.
They don't follow their contracts and don't make their contractors follow them either. Ashley Flooring made a mistake on the quote which ALL PARTIES signed off on 9 months prior and instead of Park Royal handling this they gave their contractor my personal cell number. Long story short they bully us and we end up paying thousands of extra dollars on our house.
They got our house and another house they started two months after ours mixed up and finished that house a month and bit before ours. Call them number of times about this.
Over the corse of 14 months they have ZERO Customer Service. Think twice before doing business with Park Royal and Ashley Flooring .

Dissapointed in Edmonton
Dissapointed in Edmonton

New House Build

They treat the contract they have with their customers like toilet paper... I don't know why they even have it since they don't follow it at all.

Their customer service is non-existent, when you finally get through to someone they don't understand what you are asking and just give you random answers to questions you didn't even ask.

So far in my house they haven't addressed any of the one year warranty issues I've presented them. I keep getting told someone will contact me in a couple days and then weeks go by, when I ask again it's the same story. This has been going on for 7 months now.

I would never build with them again and would recommend anyone looking stay away unless you like going to court...

Looking for Builders pros in Edmonton?