The Post Hole Company

Reviews for The Post Hole Company

Grant in Brampton
Grant in Brampton

Fence repair

Crew showed up on site... made recommendations for most economical and efficient way to repair my fence. They removed existing posts, installed new posts and cleaned up in about an hour. Highly recommend this company.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Disrespectful And Dishonest

Watch out for hidden fees. They charged me $10 to lift each post. $50 to rent a tool. Quoted me $500, ended up paying $830! Threatened to refer me to collection when I complained. The "owner" was very rude and pompous! Never again will I deal with them. Read Homestar reviews before you call anyone.

Faruq.

You were advised prior to your appointment date the height of the posts to purchase. When we arrived on site, your posts were too short to achieve the fence height you were seeking. Because they were 6x6 posts (heavy), they are difficult to suspend in concrete, therefore, additional measures were taken at an added cost of $10 per post. You should have purchased what we told you to instead of trying to cut corners and maximize your profit with your customer.

We were aware that your fence project was being done on the site of a commercial auto mechanic shop. We checked google map images and saw noting but asphalt. We advised you at that point and PRIOR to your appointment date that you would need to cut the asphalt before we arrive in order to ensure irreparable damage was not done when we came along to dig. You assured us that we would NOT be digging in asphalt and that it was all on grass. We figured Google must have had old pictures up and took your word for it. After all, why would anyone lie about that?

However, when we arrived on site, we were surprised to find asphalt AND a concrete retaining wall as well. No company can drill holes through a concrete retaining wall - for your information.

You recommended that our team sledgehammer the wall down. Fortunately, we aren't THOSE kinds of contractors who put our crew at risk of injury which speaks volumes to our insurance providers and further explains our excellent standing with WSIB. Unfortunately for you, not preparing your site as directed and trying to cut corners to get your part of the job done cheaper so you can profit more from it - it simply ends up working against you in the end when hiring a professional company to conduct work properly.

We are still baffled as to why you felt the need to lie about the digging conditions. Perhaps you are a lazy contractor and didn't want to cut out the asphalt and jackhammer the retaining wall yourself?

Realizing the type of contractor you were, we gave you the opportunity to have us leave and not do the work you had hired us to do. Instead, you had demanded that we stay to do it. At which point, we had advised you that a jackhammer was necessary in order to chip down the retaining wall and you had agreed to the rental costs. Hopefully you now understand that we do not carry around a jackhammer to dig holes. It is not a tool required for our line of work.

The $500 cost you were originally given upon booking your appointment, was an ESTIMATE. Not only an estimate, it is our minimum charge for the Oshawa region (as seen on our website). You were made fully aware upon booking your appointment that prices can change depending on site requirements. Naturally, hand digging and extras like you had asked do indeed raise the cost per hole.

When you don't do your part of the job, we can't do ours at our originally estimated cost. However, we always try to remain as reasonable and fair as possible.

We were nice enough to pay our crew an hour of drive time and cover the cost of diesel to get to your out-of-the-way project, then cover the costs of paying our crew and more diesel and time to leave and come back for the jackhammer rental and take flack from our other customers for running behind schedule just because you wanted to cut corners, trick us into thinking your project was one thing when it was another and having to do your job for you.

If you were a proper contractor, we could leave you a poor review and warn customers wanting to hire you that you cut corners and bully other contractors into going above an beyond for your measly $830.

We'd like to say it was a pleasure working with you, but it wasn't. We too will never again deal with you. We only hope the projects you touch are done properly going forward and you turn your business around and conduct professional workmanship and proper service. Karma exists.

Signed,
The Pompous "Owner" of The Post Hole Company Corp.

Fence posts digging

They did professional job. Request locate underground pipe line before digging. Save a lots of time for my fence project. They taught me how to install fence by myself. Thanks them very much.

Alex in Etobicoke in Old Toronto
Alex in Etobicoke in Old Toronto

Deck posts - Poor Quality

I contracted The Post Hole Company to dig 11 holes including pouring concrete in my backyard in August 2017. In short, their scheduling was a mess, their customer service was a joke (I am talking about Marlene's professionalism in taking care of customer request and the owner, Andy's ignorance of such issues), and the quality of the holes are so bad that I have to dig out the post hole they poured and re-do it myself.

Scheduling seemed always to be a hassle, and we'd settle on a time but the crew did not show, this happened for at least several times. After many attempts, they finally came and dig all the holes. The crew was quite friendly but the owner who operated the digging machine seems a bit impatient. The worst thing is they did not carry enough portland so I actually offered to use my own car and took one of their crew members to buy 3 bags from a nearby home centre. Little did I noticed that this shortage of portland would make such a pain for me.

First I noticed the concrete start to scale and sink in the post form, then I recall when pouring concrete they did not compact the concrete at all, just pour it in and that's it. So after some time the concrete started to settle and the structural strength was greatly compromised. I was hoping this would not post a problem for my deck. However, in Jun 2018, when we are ready to put deck post on the concrete piers, I noticed one of the post bases (a metal bracket that is sunk in the concrete) was very weak. Using my bare hand with not a not of force, I easily pulled the base out of the concrete. I started to contact the company regarding this issue. I sent pictures to Marlene, the customer service staff, and requested they come and fix it. I was scheduled in for Jun 20th, but they did not show. Then I was scheduled again for Jun 23rd, again they did not show. Up to this point, I had made regular calls for about two weeks trying to have them come and fix the issue, but no success. On Jun 26, I tried to call again, but simply no answer on the phone, so I keep trying, only to noticed that Marlene hung up the phone without answering and then later she BLOCKED MY NUMBER! This was so ridiculous that Marlene actually accused me of making too many phone calls even though I just want to talk to her about scheduling a site visit so they can fix their problem! Then I start emailing back and forth with Marlene, and in the end she was trying to take a bureaucratic stand and say that even though this is a job that they've done wrong, they need to do a new locate, and wait for more than a month to fix this one problem. I took that as she was just avoiding taking responsibilities, I asked to talk to the owner, Andy. Marlene said he would contact me as soon as possible but it's been a month and I haven't heard anything from them.

I make a video recording the poor quality of the concrete pier so you can see yourself their work. Do not use this company. See for yourself: https://youtu.be/uO2nIYXPTCg

1. You phoned us on June 20th of 2018 to report the poor condition of one of 11 footings we installed in August of 2017 and demanded to be seen THAT SAME DAY for repair. We do not push customer appointments on behalf of anyone for any reason so we recommended you book an official appointment for the first week of August but you refused to do so.

2. Since you did not wish to book an appointment, we kept you on a waiting list to be done on a best effort basis. However, we could not fit you in as hoped due to it being the busiest time of the digging season.

3. You phoned one of our office lines over 35 times in the span of an hour for a total of 107 phone calls for that day. You did not choose to leave a voice message, but hung up after no answer and re-dialed immediately. We have 2 phone lines, one of which you were tying up for an hour and the other which was busy with customers. We advised you by email that your threatening phone calls were inappropriate and un-called for and stated that we were limiting communication with you to email only.

4. You were advised back in August of 2017 to re-route your eavestroughs so as to direct water AWAY from the footings as it would indeed damage them. You obviously did not follow our recommendations or instructions last year either.

5. We have tried our absolute best to resolve this for you, but due to your inability to be flexible or reasonable, you essentially refused our help and took matters into your own hands.

Bill in Brampton
Bill in Brampton

Post Hole Dig and Set

They showed up on time, worked really hard and completed the job quickly. They were professional and the cost was what they said it was going to be on their website. I would recommend these people to my mother. Good experience.

Holly  in Brampton
Holly in Brampton

Deck post Holes

The Post Hole Company completed did a great job completing what was not an easy dig. Our backyard is very rocky and it took some perseverance to get the job done. They also advised us on the best way to complete the rest of our job. I would for sure recommend them to family and friends.

Georgetown

Thank you for your feedback Holly. It was an absolute pleasure working with you! We wish you a successful fence project and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

wood privacy fence

Found them online and gave them a call to get an estimate and they gave me exactly what I wanted. Quick and quality work thats priced right, I would recommend to everyone.

It was a pleasure working with you Kelsey. Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with us. Enjoy your new fence!
The Post Hole Company Crew

More about The Post Hole Company

The Post Hole Company delivers customer satisfaction and quality workmanship. We are your one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor project needs. Get in touch and tell us about your project today! (905) 497-HOLE info@ThePostHoleCompany. com
Looking for Fences & Gates pros in Brampton?