Moving & Storage

Reviews for Personal Movers

Lucille from Calgary
Lucille from Calgary

The Worst Move Ever

What an awful experience! We had used Personal Movers last September for a move and were very pleased with their service. Not so this time! We were moving out of an apartment and of course, apartment buildings have restrictions and rules for moving and using the elevator. They took much longer than expected and we went over our allotted 4 hrs to a total of 8 hrs. consequently we were fined $300 by the condo board. The company blamed us for not requesting more than two men. We’re not the experts here, how are we supposed to know how long it takes.
The driver and seemingly team leader Hassam was extremely rude and defensive. We couldn’t say anything to him without him taking offence. I asked him 3 times to remove two heavy headboards from the elevator that were blocking the door before loading the truck, he just turned his back and walked away. Yes then I got angry and yelled at him, but he just wouldn’t listen. The building has quite a few seniors and they couldn’t get their walkers into the elevator because the rear door was blocked by these headboards. We felt terrible for them and finally the two of us were able to get them out. Yes two senior ladies, one 70 and one 67 yrs old! These headboards weighed about 50 lbs each. When he finally came back into the lobby, Hassam said “I see you got them out of the elevator yourselves with no problem”.
We thought perhaps he had a problem working for women, but the building manager had the same problem. He was of course, in the lobby watching things and making sure no damage was done. When he asked Hassam to move something in the lobby, Hassam turned his backed and walked away from him before he had even finished speaking. When I phoned the company to complain, the dispatcher said that I had been rude to Hassam and that he had known Hassam for years and didn’t believe he would be rude.
The company sent a third worker to help unload, and he was carrying wardrobe boxes into the house, upside down! I mean really?! All the hangers and clothes were in a mess at the bottom of the box when we opened it.

It was just a very upsetting and bad experience. Moving is stressful enough without having nasty and incompetent people doing it. Please do yourself a huge favour and don’t hire these guys. You will regret it if you do.

ADDENDUM: Well unfortunately this just keeps getting worse. After seeing my review posted here, Alfred called and apologized and wanted to offer me $100 compensation. After much discussion he upped his offer to $150. Problem was the "compensation" was only going to be given if I took my review down. Hmm, I think that's called bribery, not compensation.

Monica in Calgary
Monica in Calgary

Small Move

My husband works out of town and I needed help with the move, I reached out to Personal Movers and with a limited amount of time to move, they worked with me to schedule me in on short notice. We had one truck with two professional and friendly guys who worked super hard and efficiently!
So happy I chose Personal Movers!! They made my life a lot easier through a stressful time! Thanks!

Thank you, Monica, for taking the time to leave a review! We are very happy that we could help you with your move and make it as stress free as possible! We appreciate your business. Enjoy your new home!

Corkie
Corkie

Short Distance Move

We hired Personal Movers to move 20 prepacked boxes and our large furniture a few blocks away. Considering everything was ready for them and they had our inventory well in advance it took them 10-1/2 hours and 2 trips. We have a few major damages, like a chair and mirror and quite a few scratches and dents on other furniture and house. We felt that most of the 4 man crew were inexperienced and not as careful as required. They also had the advantage of walkouts in the basement of both locations, no small or fragile items, and not a big house move.
So although the crew was pleasant to work with, overall not a great experience.

Residential move

Movers were professional and friendly. A bit of minor damage to walls but all furniture arrived well wrapped and fully intact. They took extra care with blankets and taping and extra time to get boxes to the right location in the house.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review/feedback for us. We are happy to hear that overall your were left satisfied with our moving service! Because we do not see who left this review we cannot check the name in our system who this move was done for. Please contact us at (403)992-6229 or at info@personalmovers.ca to schedule the repair of minor damages done to the walls.

Daniel
Daniel

Professional and compassionate

Great crew who went over and above. Our move took us to late at night but the crew finished it with dedication.

Thank you, Daniel, for taking the time to leave your feedback/review. We appreciate you patience on the moving day and are so glad to hear that you were happy with our moving services. We hope you are enjoying your new place!

Peter  in Calgary
Peter in Calgary

Movers

Excellent service. We are so happy we chose this company. All of the people we dealt with were professional and took the time to make a very stressful move comfortable and stress free. We would highly recommend Personal Movers for all of your moving needs.

Thank you, Peter, for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad to hear that you were left happy with our moving services. We hope you are enjoying your new home!

Andrea in Prince George
Andrea in Prince George

Biggest Thanks to Personal Movers TEAM!

Exceeded our expectations.

Almost a 6 months has passed, since I moved from Edmonton to Calgary on very short notice. The buyer for my condo wanted possession in 3 short weeks. Fortunately, my daughter had heard about your company and made arrangements for you to handle my move.

When my architect husband was alive, he would take charge of any moves we made, and I would only have to help with all the packing preparations. However, this time I was alone, with only my Calgary based daughter to help me, and I had under estimated the number of hours that
would be required to get my things out of my condo. (Not only was it a long walk from my suite to the elevator lobby, but there was an equally long walk across the outside elevated courtyard to the loading area.)

Consequently, your staff, had considerably more work and walking to do
than was planned for. However, they treated me with respect, realizing that I was just inexperienced and then very competently and efficiently worked through the many challenges that they faced with this move.

Would you please thank your team for their excellent work and for the support they gave me with this very difficult move?

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback for us!! We really appreciate you giving us a chance to move you! We hope that you are enjoying your new place and will be glad to help you with moving if you may ever need our services again in the future!
Best Wishes,

Michelle in Toronto
Michelle in Toronto

Would Not Recommend

I really wanted to be able to write a good review for Personal Movers. The movers were polite and efficient. That being said I would NOT recommend using this company.

First, I was told that the truck they were sending should fit our belongings from our 1500 sq foot home. This was absolutely not true. We ended up having 2 full truck loads and this ended up costing us close to double.

Second, the movers disappeared with the first load for about an hour and a half with not a word. It turned out that they went for lunch but no one mentioned this to us. This was very frustrating as we waited at the new house wanting to get things unloaded and get going on the unexpected second load.

Finally and most importantly these movers did a ton of damage to our belongings and our old home. I didn’t say anything initially about the damage to the furniture and my belongings because some damage is to be expected in a move. However a few days after the move when we finally got back to the old house I was horrified to see the damage to movers had done to our old home. I took photos and sent them to the owner Alfred. He told me there was nothing he could do because it had been more than 24 hours. He then offered me $50 to compensate me for the time it took to repair and repaint our walls which was absolutely insulting.

The photos I have attached are just some, but certainly not all of the damage that was done.

I’ve attached some photos of the damage. I highly recommend choosing another company that will treat your home with more care.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Moving Company

Professional, polite and hardworking team. Very happy with service. Great communication as well. Highly recommend!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your business and are so glad to hear that you were happy with our moving team and moving service!

Moving Service

My friend recomended me moving with Personal Movers via Square & I am very happy with theirs service. They were exact, quick, reliable during all moving process. And I know for sure next my moving will be only with this Company.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback/review for us! We appreciate you trusting us with your moving needs. We hope you are enjoying your new home!

More about Personal Movers

//Welcome to Personal Movers - a professional moving company based in Calgary, AB.//

If you are looking for Calgary movers to relocate your business or need to move your family from Calgary, AB to any adjacent province in Canada then look no further as we have required experience and resources to take care of your move at any time of the year.

As a full service moving company we offer local, long distance, residential and commercial moving services. We also provide Delivery services and Junk Removal.

Our company employs highly qualified and experienced workers so that we can provide you with the best service we can. We strive to make your moving day a stress free experience.

AREAS SERVED: Calgary, Airdrie, Okotoks, Chestermere, Cochrane, Banff, Canmore, Red Deer, and all cities in Alberta and adjacent provinces.