Decorating With A Difference

Reviews for Decorating With A Difference

Mona in North york
Mona in North york

Ceiling Painted

Walter and his team did an excellent job painting my ceilings. They protected all of my belongs by covering everything. They were efficient and very skilled at what they do. They cleaned up afterwards and put everything back in its place. I would highly recommend Decorating With a Difference for any painting job. They also do faux finishing. Walter painted a sky and clouds on a friend's ceiling and it was lovely. That's why I picked them to come and do mine.

Thank you very much for your review. God bless you.

Sarah in Pickering
Sarah in Pickering
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Amazing work and friendly service

We are so pleased with our newly painted ceiling.
Walter was very friendly and professional, and the project did not take long at all. He even took the time to go above and beyond what we asked for.
We would highly recommend his services! Look no further :)

Thank you very much. Was a pleasure to work for your family.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Exterior painting of house including repairs

I am extremely pleased and very happy with the work that Walter and Monique did on my house. It was neglected for too long and now it looks so much better. Walter went above and beyond my expectations. I thank both of them from the bottom of my heart!

Thank you for very much. Any time.

Barbara in Oshawa
Barbara in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Kitchen cabinet refinish

Max is one of the most upstanding patient people I’ve had the pleasure to have in my home. After a few required touch ups this young man spent several long hours making perfect!!!

Jim in Toronto
Jim in Toronto

Repair drywall and paint

Great / timely response to my Home Stars request for quote...

Did the job well / on time and made adjustment to invoice query with no hesitation....

Will use this firm again AND would be more than happy to recommend them....

Thanks Jim, it was a pleasure to work with you! You were quick to decide what you want and you paid promptly.

Private User reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Painting job

We hired this company last June to paint 1/2 of the house. Happy with their work. Price was very competitive also.
Thanks Max!
Wishing you and your beautiful wife wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thank you for the good wishes! Glad your happy with our work! :)

Laura
Laura
1 review Pickering, ON

Interior house painting

I was working in a tight time frame to get my house painted and ready to sell. Max was able to make it work and got the job done in 2 days! The paint job was immaculate and the team was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely hire them again.

Glad we could complete your project in time. Hope the sale went well!

emily.schell.1987
emily.schell.1987
1 review Oshawa, ON

Painted entire house

Amazing job - very professional finishes completed by truly kind and knowledgeable people. I highly recommend!

Thank you for the recommendation Emily!

Ro
Ro

Painting main floor & stairwell

Working with Decorating With a Difference was fantastic! We got great advice from Walter & Max & Kate and are extremely pleased with the painting of our main floor and stairwell. They are also the nicest crew to deal with and were so meticulous with the entire job and pricing was very fair. I would not hesitate to contact them in future for more projects. Thanks to Walter, Max, Kate, Oliver & Dakota for all your help in doing an incredible job in our home!

Thank you so much for the review! We all enjoyed working with you, and helping you transform your home. I hope we can work together again in future! - Max

More about Decorating With A Difference

With our painter's techniques and attention to detail, we can make your home and/or business look and feel more like your own.

We are residential and commercial house painters painting in Pickering, Ajax, Scarborough and the greater Toronto area. We also serve the York and Durham regions to as far north as Aurora.

Our house painting services include general painting, plaster repair, wallpaper and wallcovering installation and removal, decorative painting, and faux finishes. We also offer more speciality services listed under the "Service Details" section below.

Founded by award-winning decorator Walter Schellenberg in 1989, Decorating with a Difference has had the privilege of working in many of the finest homes in all of Toronto and the GTA, and has now expanded locally with the addition of his sons joining the business, and the partnerships he has created over the years.

If you are interested in working with us to start or complete your project, please contact us and we'll respond as soon as possible, we look forward to working with you!

Note:
In an effort to respond quicker, we have set up an automated estimate booking system on our website that will allow you the client, to choose the date that works best for you to have your project quote done in person.

The system instantly confirms the appointment once you select the date so there is no need to wait for a call. That way you don't have to wait around for a reply, and we can keep painting without checking our phone.

Paint & Wallpaper Contractors, Handyman Services, and Cabinetry & Millwork
We work with any brand of paint, varnish, stain, wallpaper or wallcovering that is required for your project. From low VOC paint for clearer air, to oil paint for that tough smooth finish used on doors and kitchen cabinets. We can even install grass cloth or silk wallcoverings.
General Painting, Wallpaper/ Wallcovering (installation & removal), Decorative Painting, Plaster Repair, Faux Finishes, & Murals.
We work with Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams, Behr, and Farrow & Ball to name a few.
Verdigris - Colour gradation - Ragging - Stippling - Shading - Bagging (triple process) - Gold leafing - Pearl top finish - Stone block walls - Smooshing - Wiping - Marbling - Wood Graining & Burl - Sky Ceilings - Antiquing - Marquetry (inlaid wood) - Staining - Gilding - Venetian plaster - Paneling - Trompe L’ oeil - Mouldings - Stripes - Stencilling - Crackle Glaze - Distressing / Spattering - Granite
Wallpaper/ Wallcovering (installation & removal), Faux Finishes, Decorative Painting, & Murals
1989