Advanced Level Roofing

Best of 2021 winner 4 timesBest of 2021winner 4 times

Reviews for Advanced Level Roofing

JJ in Calgary
JJ in Calgary

Complete roof replacement, great start, so so finish

The sales guy was great, really knew his stuff, explained the product and process well, and they stuck to the process as outlined. It was a pretty big roof and it was all done in a day, the clean up afterwards went well, and the impact on us was very limited. The garbage bin was in our driveway the evening before the install and removed the day the install was completed. No complaints about the process, the install, the installers, or the clean up.

Part of the service/product is an inspectors report, the inspector took a few weeks to stop by and complete the inspection. However the accounting department started hounding me for the final payment the first business day after the install, but before the inspector completed his review and provided us with the report as agreed. I had to reach out to the sales guy to get them to back off, which they did.

We have two concerns about the final product 1. One part of the roof the ply wood is exposed and not covered by the drip edge 2. The front roof above our garage has a sizeable dent that is visible from the front of the house, that was not there before.

We have been in contact with the project coordinator to high light our concerns. He is a very pleasant person, however not very helpful in getting our concerns addressed. Regarding issue #1 they are blaming how our fascia of part of our eavestrough was originally installed, saying that it should be higher. They are indicating if we want to drip edge to cover the ply wood we need a custom drip edge that would have to be installed at our cost after the fact. Regarding issue #2 he is blaming our framing saying the plywood underneath is uneven.

So for both issues they were very understanding, however ultimately unhelpful saying that is just the way it is.

In neither case did their expert roofers and estimator alert us to the fact that a custom drip edge would be required to ensure the ply wood is adequately covered and aesthetically pleasing, or that our roof ply wood was so warped to see if we wanted it replaced or provided us with other options. What is surprising to us is that our previous roof did not look this warped.

UPDATE: the company did come out and install a more appropriate drip edge so addressing concern #1 at no extra cost to us.

I would advise people to review the quality of the plywood personally on their roof after the old shingles have been removed and before the new ones are installed, as the installers on our job installed the shingles in areas that needed new plywood.

Hello JJ, we are glad to hear that our team was able to resolve your concerns. Thank you for choosing ALR and enjoy your new roof!

chconline in Calgary
chconline in Calgary

Excellent job done, but communication can leave you frustrated

Advanced Level Roofing has done an excellent job with my roof. I appreciate their competitive pricing, polite and friendly team, and due to the number of people on their team, they are fast. They've done my house in a matter of hours and left just after noon, which is some crazy speed. The quality of the installation was also top-notch -- no corners cut. I also like they carefully cleaned up the gutters and the area around my house, not leaving a trace of anything at all.

There are a few areas that frustrated me though. They were excellent in initial communication and any routine notifications, but pretty poor beyond that.

Firstly, the delivery truck leaked some oil on my driveway. I emailed my main contact at ALR and I was completely ignored.

Secondly, they texted me and said they will show up between 7 and 9am the next day to work on my roof. I didn’t see anyone at 1pm, so I had to text them for an update and it was not until then that they said they were not coming on that day. I wouldn’t mind if things were an hour or two behind, and I don't even mind if another project slowed them down that they couldn't show up on the said day. That's the nature of the construction business and I understand that. However, not proactively communicating that they are not showing up until I reach out is simply unacceptable. When they did show up though, the work they did was excellent as mentioned.

We are very pleased to hear that you we happy with the end product of the roof installation! Our crews strive to makes sure that no corners are cut and that each roof is completed at that top notch quality. We do apologize for any feelings towards lack of communication that you experienced with our team. We always strive to keep our clients up to date as much as possible, however, the delays that are experienced in real time due to weather (such as strong winds in your case) are not as easily avoidable or foreseeable. Again, we are so glad that you chose ALR and enjoy that new roof!

Ron
Ron

Roof Replaced

Advanced Level Roofing did an excellent job replacing our roof. We had a cedar shake roof that was at the end of its life and not an easy job. The roofing team completed the job quickly and left our property in pristine condition. They have a great selection of quality materials and we really appreciated the customer service. Our roof looks great - "5 Stars" - we are very happy with the job!

Hello Ron, thank you for this wonderful review and rating ! We are very pleased that you are happy with our services.

sarah in Toronto
sarah in Toronto
1 review Kelowna, BC

roofing repalce

this company is very dishonest . they walked on the street, check people roof. then knock the door. asked a 90 years older senior to change roof. force senior paid $200 cash ( the senior has lots of healthy issue. not totally understand what they said ). Advanced Level Roofing estimate replace half of roof ( the house was built in 1978. only need done half of roof)) is $3654. but the marketing is under $2500 , some company has senior discount ( one is charge $2400 tax included). the senior try to cancel. asked money back, they agree return. but never return. then the roofing company owner changed to $ 2600 plus tax. insane. try to over charge $1200. this is rob senior money.

Hello Sarah,

It is truly unfortunate that you are giving us this type of review, you are not our client your neighbour is.

Our client" is currently in bad need of a roof and has ill health, and due to this fact we agreed to do his roof for cost. He is very excited about the project and he and I have been communicating via telephone for days.

We have told you this multiple times, so why it is you feel the need to make this type of post on every review page we have is truly bizarre we are doing this man a service at our cost to help save him from a leak and you are nailing us with bad reviews for it. I would really appreciate if you took this down.

Zac Longman
Zac Longman

Roof repair

Fantastic company! Immediately responded to my request for a quote and came out the next day and provided a thorough assessment. Very high-quality work and very reasonably priced. Superb customer service!

Hello Zac, Thank you for the excellent review and rating and for trusting Advanced Level Roofing!

John Ye
John Ye

Roof installation

They are the most professional roofing contractors in Calgary. They installed my new roof so quickly, beautifully and at a reasonable cost. The products used are premium quality. Thank you guys for giving my house a new look.

Hello Jon, thank you for the wonderful review. We are so pleased that you a happy with our services. Enjoy the new roof!

Denise Connolly
Denise Connolly

Roof installation

This company met all expectations and then some. Crew was courteous, detail oriented, and took the time to make sure the cleanup was efficiently performed. I would definitely recommend this company for your next roof install project.

Denise, We are so pleased that you are happy with our services. Enjoy your new roof!

Mandy Standley
Mandy Standley

Roof repair

Advanced Level Roofing has repaired the roof on my house and business. They are always professional and do what they say. I will return next time I am in need.

Mandy, We appreciate our loyal clients such as yourself. Thank you for the excellent recommendation and review!

Nicholas Tully
Nicholas Tully

Roof replacement

I can't say enough good things about this company. They were very thorough, and the end result exceeded my expectations. They are very clear about how the project will go and great about checking in with you.

Advanced Level Roofing always strives to go above and beyond whenever we can. We are very glad that your experience with our services prompted this wonderful review!

Joel Fadden
Joel Fadden

Roof replacement

The crew was professional, work very high-quality, owner was very responsive and straightforward. Advanced Level Roofing has been a great company for years and their well-deserved great reputation continues today.

Hello Joel, we really appreciate loyal customers such as yourself and are thrilled you are continually happy with our services.

More about Advanced Level Roofing

Advanced Level Roofing is a full-service exterior contractor. Our services include replacing: Asphalt Roofing, Flat Roofing, Commercial Roofing, Vinyl Siding, Metal Cladding, Gutters, Fascia, and Soffits. Our mission is to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We deliver on that promise by asking all of our customers to give us feedback on every project, this allows us to continuously improve and evolve our model to best suit the customers needs.

Contact us today to schedule your appointment. We look forward to working with you.