Tottenham Paving & Construction Ltd

Paving Contractors
ON L0G 1W0
HomeStars  >  Paving Contractors in Tottenham  >  Tottenham Paving & Construction Ltd

Reviews for Tottenham Paving & Construction Ltd

Bernard in Bradford
Bernard in Bradford
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Concrete walkway/walkout

Would like to give a big thanks and multiple compliments to Tottenham Paving & Construction. Signed with them in Jan 2018, said would be done by mid June weather permitting. John told me upfront after last years rain delays, they give a rough idea when the job would be completed.
He came in Jan, gave me multiple options, options that I didn't think could be possible.
They came late April dug it out, told me let it sit, while the temperature would warm up. They came Monday May 28 2018 to lay down the concrete. Absolutely did a wonderful job. They did a concrete walkout, and French curbs. They cleaned up well, sealed/cut the concrete. My home stands out now. I will have them pave my driveway next year
I definitely will be referring them to whomever asks.

Samantha in Newmarket
Samantha in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Driveway paving

We had our driveway paved in 2011, didn't last 2 months. We call/dealt with previous paver for months. They would just hang up
In 2015, we got fed up. Drove around Newmarket, saw many of Tottenham Paving & Constructions signs on lawns, we felt lets give them a call. We first asked locals why they chose them. All said same, "Honest, reliable, and doesn't short material. Easy to deal with, and great customer service calls back instantly." We felt right, and gave the call
John, the owner, came within 2 hours of initial call. we signed on the spot. His understanding, care and knowledge is well documented.
We didn't have any issues at all. From start to finish John, guided us. Day of excavation, our neighbours were so impressed with the quality, he ended up signing 4 more.
Now in 2018, whomever asks for a paver always refer Tottenham Paving & Construction. Again, this year they are doing 7 on my street.

Richard in San Francisco
Richard in San Francisco
1 review Caledon, ON

Country home driveway paving

Wanted to send out a BIG thanks to Tottenham Paving & Construction owners John Genova, and his entire crew, (and the 4 ladies who had driveways completed by them before).
They worked hard, and got our whole driveway finished in one day, over 7000sqft. I am very impressed!

Honest, reliable, they did the job two weeks ahead of schedule, despite the heavy rains in 2017. They were also met our budget. Highly recommend for anyone looking to get there driveway paid. That's why they have been in business for such a long time.

1 review Newmarket, ON

Terrible service

We were confident that Tottenham Paving would have been the best choice for us as we had spoken to them before they started work on our driveway and compared their low prices to their competitors. Unfortunately we can't even say that "you get what you pay for" for this. The work was shoddy, they denied us the followup service guaranteed on the contract, and fought tooth and nail to avoid having to repair their work. They do not stand by their warranty and their customer service was terrible. They did not even attempt to fix their mistakes, did not own up to it and went so far as to blame first nature, then us, then their own suppliers for the defects in our driveway. We would not recommend their services to anyone.

1 review , ON

Front Walk Way Deposit Taken and No Work Performed

Hired contractor to do walkway in May 2017 for completion July 31, 2017. No performance and had to fire them. Can't get our $1,000 deposit back. Brutal Contractor. Peter Newmarket. To update the facts here contractor was fired August 3rd as we couldn't get a hold of him all of July. We changed the colour of the bricks within 7 days of signing the contract after he told us to go the supplier and look at the product. Glad I fired him as the response he provided is not very factual. He never indicated to us until September 2017 a family issue on e-mail and it is still October 26th, 2017 and no cheque has arrived on something that takes 10 minutes to do and send Express Post. I have told the contractor once we get our funds, I will update his facebook account. What a brutal experience!!!!

In response to Peter. We apologize for this experience, but it wasn't brutal, That is very harsh. We have been in business since 2008. We have served over 1300 customers, over 300 in Newmarket alone. I have been part of the Newmarket community for over 30 years. I shop, go to fitness club, have over 1000s of friends/contacts, relatives etc in Newmarket alone. As a teenager I worked in Newmarket.

The job was signed May 5th 2017. We were not allowed to start till mid June 2017, as it was tax-corporate season or something like that. Peter and his wife didn't want us there till they were done. I was given a voice message via cell phone from Mr. Peters wife on Jun 22nd 2017 voice message saying we are now ready for you we are all done with our visitors.

As many are aware this was a very wet/rainy season for all outdoor construction contractors. So once we got the call from Peters wife. We were all in a jam. We had customers from previous weeks calling, etc. So we worked/did the work according to signed date. Also Peter was aware of family illness, which was discussed in his kitchen table the Saturday night/contract signing night. A contractor who came to his home labour day weekend verified my honesty about my moms/dads health. With the rain, and hospital runs, was in a jam. Had we been allowed to excavate earlier, would've been done. The deposit was sent back on 2 occasions, the last was accident on post office, sending it to the wrong house. The deposit was re-sent money order guaranteed money. We do not cheat customers at fault or not. We don't do e-transfer, so a cheque was the other option.

The fact you keep sending threatening emails, blackmailing emails speaks volume of your character Peter. You keep sending me emails that if I don't say what you want me to say, to your agreeing you will sue me. You also ask me to not share your emails or you will sue me. You Peter you are a professional accountant, please act like one Your interlock was completed by another, and you have your money. Why all the complaining?