Metropolitan Movers

guynotes
guynotes
3 reviews Niagara Falls, ON

Moving

The three gents that moved us were amazing, not good, AMAZING! 10 hour job due to moving from GTA to Niagara. Terrible great and humidity, but we had to tell them to take breaks! Best movers, highly recommend them. Very professional and courteous. Do yourself a favour when moving and hire the best.

monica
monica
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Full 3 bedroom house move

The 3 movers that were sent were very professional, accommodating, considerate(especially about my new hardwood floor) and knowledgeable. As well the management staff were also hands on and always reachable. I would definitely recommend them to my family and friends.

Thank you Monica for your great feedback. We at Metropolitan Movers strive to be the best and make moving easy from the second you book with us all the way to the steps of your new home. Thanks again and we are always free for your referrals.

Really Disappointed

I used this company two years ago for a move from Toronto to London, and had a fantastic experience. Both men worked incredibly hard, and the entire move (with traffic and a break) was complete in six hours.

Thus, when a friend was doing a move from Toronto to Guelph, I gave an enthusiastic recommendation, and now I feel like an absolute fool. I was present for this move also, as I came to help my friends. I don't know what has happened in the two years to this company. The guys were friendly enough, and they got the job done. Thats where the positives end however.

They spent a LOT of time on their phones during the loading of the truck. To the point that, during one instance the mover was carrying the mattress while on the phone. There were also numerous instances, when we came downstairs, carrying boxes ourselves, to find them on the phone in the courtyard or in the truck. While it likely didn't delay the move more than a half hour, and the odd phone call is understandable, it just seems unprofessional. Two years ago, my movers took the odd phone call also, but nowhere near to this frequency, or while moving my belongings. They excused themselves, and were back quickly, with an apology.

The larger problem came when we arrived and unloaded in Guelph. This was complete in about an hour, into a two story house, with the two movers, and four people helping. They weren't on their phones, so it went much quicker (plus the extra family member we had on the other end). By 2:30, I looked at my watch, and we began loading the remaining boxes into the garage. The move was complete at 2:54 PM. We began at 8:56 AM. I wanted to keep it to six hours, like my move.

Eager to get back, the movers placed a form in front of my now exhausted friend, for a $1200 total, explaining it was for six hours, three flights of stairs, and a freezer and small dishwasher (which we carried out and in on both ends). She signed and paid. Nothing seemed unusual to her. Upon further inspection upon their departure, we discovered that she had been overcharged and the form wasn't complete. It didn't look like mine from two years ago. In fairness, she was unfamiliar with the form, and didn't realize the movers had left the hourly portion blank. It was later filled in, upon their return for eight hours (according to her conversations with the company). Now, I personally clocked it. We began at 8:56 AM and ended at 2:54 PM; that is not eight hours (and the company's agreement specifically said they did not charge for the drive back).

To do the math, that is $130 for her truck rental, $109x6 for labour, $45x3 for stairs, and $45x2 for appliances. That is $1140.17 after tax. Her bill was $1274, and her credit card was charged $1284.81, to add insult to injury. So not only did they not bill her correctly, but they then charged her credit card for more than the bill. Apparently this $10 error will be rectified. Nor would eight hours, equal $1284 - so those supposed hours were added to the form arbitrarily after.

Her conversations with the company have been fruitless, and down right rude, from what I have been told. Essentially, they are saying it is her fault that she signed for the amount, on an incomplete form. After a long day, and unfamiliarity with the form, it seems despicable to blame the client for being taken advantage of.

I am thoroughly embarrassed, because I am the one who recommended the company based on my amazing experience two years ago. I have since called two contacts moving soon (one doctors office), to advise them not to take my original recommendation for a move.

Word of mouth is key in business; I recommended you to a friend, and you treated her terribly, and you made me look like a fool. I have since been apologizing profusely for your behaviour. I move again in two years, and I will not be using you either. So for the sake of making an extra $100+ off my friends naiveté, your workers have cost you three moving contracts thus far. Congrats.

Eva
Eva

Move to a new house

Moved out on Sunday. Great guys, showed up on time and were very professional. Would definetly recommend to all my friends and family.

Hi Eva, thank you so much for your review, hope that you enjoy your new beautiful home and we are always free for your referrals.

bzak04
bzak04

Moving to new house

Just wanted to Thank you to the whole team! They did a great job. The movers were professional, fast and helpful. The team with the track came on time. The office were caring, polite and professional. I am really impressed and I would wish to recommend Metropolitan Movers moving company.

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Our whole team values customer satisfaction and makes it a top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.

Danielle a.
Danielle a.

Moving

Metropolitan Movers did a great job! Accurate, professional, punctual and fast, they made our move quick and enjoyable. The prices were very good as well.
I would recommend them to my friends and family and will definitely use their services if we need to move again. They have exceeded our expectations and we were very happy with our choice.

Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a great feedback. For us it is an absolute pleasure helping our customers with their move and making it a hassle-free and pleasant experience. Please feel free to contact us again for you future moves.

Portia in Toronto
Portia in Toronto

Great Service

They were great! Very careful with my fragile items and furniture. Showed up on time and were efficient.

I was worried they would have trouble getting my large and awkward couch through my new front door but they did it and not a scratch! I would definitely recommend their services. Happy customers here!

Thanks for the great review, Portia! We are always ready to help, don't hesitate to contact us again. Our strong professional movers will be at your service for any moving inquiry.
Best Regards, Metropolitan Movers Team

Easy Move

It only took 3.5 hours for metropolitan movers to get me all moved in from my apartment to my new house. Service was good, with no issues. Would use again

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to contact us again for any moving inquiry- we always happy to help!
Regards, Metropolitan Movers Team

Ella, from Toronto
Ella, from Toronto

We use Metropolitan every day!

We are the busiest home staging company in Toronto, we use the services of metropolitan to move our items every day. We also recommend them to our clients when they need to move their items to stage their homes and to finaly move to their new home.

We are delighted to be at your service, Ella. Thanks for the kind words and for cooperation, always a pleasure to work with you!
Sincerely, Metropolitan Movers Family

More about Metropolitan Movers

Whatever your requirements for a moving job, you can find what you need through the professional services available at Metropolitan Movers. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.