Metropolitan Movers

HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Vaughan  >  Metropolitan Movers

Reviews for Metropolitan Movers

Ella, from Toronto
Ella, from Toronto

We use Metropolitan every day!

We are the busiest home staging company in Toronto, we use the services of metropolitan to move our items every day. We also recommend them to our clients when they need to move their items to stage their homes and to finaly move to their new home.

We are delighted to be at your service, Ella. Thanks for the kind words and for cooperation, always a pleasure to work with you!
Sincerely, Metropolitan Movers Family

Schromie  in Vaughan
Schromie in Vaughan

One horrible mover made the overall points low

I have to say I absolutely loved the two movers on the first day and one out of the two movers for the second day, but the other one on the second day was a nightmare!!!
Make sure if you hire this company, tell the owner you don’t want James! when my husband called and complained, without even mentioning the guys name, the owner immediately knew who we were about to complain about, so later on I was upset about the owner sending James even knowing the horrible service he may bring his customers...
James took a lot of breaks, all sorts of breaks... and when his partner was working, he watched by the side until I asked him to help me moving some boxes. He wore hard-to-take-off-and-put-back-on shoes. Every single time, he took his sweet time to take off his gloves and then put his shoe lace on and then gloves on and go to the truck to pick up one box. Then shoes off to drop off one box. Meanwhile his partner already unloaded 4 way heavier boxes!!! Then he offered to just unload the truck and let his partner do all the stair climbing to put the boxes away. Even so, his unload speed is slower than his partners speed putting things away... The only times he would offer to put away an item was when it’s labeled as cushions... He scratched my new wall without apologizing and told me I should have removed the legs of the furniture, while his partner apologized for him.
When I mentioned his partner was doing way to much and should switch with him. He said “let’s all take a break then”. I mean, was he taking a break from all the breaks he was taking?! I felt so bad for his partner! I insisted James started to do some stair climbing and his partner do some more skillful handy work for me (James doesn’t know how to assemble furniture), he would take four boxes and sounded like he had worked for a whole day, complaining and say he wants to go home. He left one box and said it was too heavy, then his partner carried it by himself.
When I asked something to be put in some rooms, he claimed that he couldn’t find the room. After I climbed up and downstairs showing him, I realized he still put some boxes at random convenient place for himself. You could clearly tell which boxes were put away by his partner (neatly and thoughtfully stacked) and which ones were by him (upside down even with a “fragile” label on it, scattered everywhere, blocking every walkway, not in the correct room, etc).
The manager gave us a 6% discount due to the damaged wall, but I later found damaged cushions and leather couch as well. Also my husband wasn’t home so he didn’t know the extent of James’ slacking off and didn’t make a serious enough complaint. His partner did 80% of the work! We could easily have finished two hours earlier if we could have two movers like the partner.

To sum up, hire the company but specify no James, since the manager clearly knows who the slacker is but won’t watch out for you.

I intentionally write this comment way later than the moving date, so that my words could be more objective and not exaggerated by any kind of fresh rage.

Thanks for taking your time to leave us a feedback and for letting us know about your experience during your move. Unfortunately, being on a probation period James didn't meet our expectations as a reliable and professional mover on his first day of work, so we deeply apologize for the inconvenience we caused you! We always strive to provide top-quality services and we would happy if you give us a second chance to leave a positive impression about our company - please feel free to contact us anytime in the future and we will make sure to impress you with our usual excellent customer service we always provide.
Best Regards from Metropolitan Movers Team

DL in Vaughan
DL in Vaughan

Moving around in Toronto

Needed a moving company to take over some of my friend’s furniture across the downtown area.

Was during the busy season (end of June) and had been booked for Friday at 3 pm. Received a call at 2 pm saying due to unforeseen circumstances with earlier moves in the day, the movers were going to be late... arriving around 6 pm. Had to scramble to re-book elevators at both the outgoing and destination addresses, thankfully no one else had elevator bookings.

Movers finally arrived at 6:30 pm. Once there, they were 2 movers, very efficient, and obviously hard-working (likely overworked) individuals. Completed the move expediently within 3 hours. So I would use this moving company again, but make sure there’s leeway in case they run late. Furniture was handled with care (going from the 27th floor of one building to the 36th floor of another).

Great job, guys.

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a perfect experience with us, however thanks for letting us know. We will handle that issue with delays on our end. Hope to leave a better impression next time! Feel free to contact us anytime.

AngryInStCatharines in St. Catharines
AngryInStCatharines in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Nightmare of a move - missing furniture/damage

I hired Metropolitan Movers for my move on Friday June 29th, 2018 in St. Catharines. What a NIGHTMARE of a moving experience. I've moved many times in my life and have never experienced what happened and is still happening. Two men showed up, one was extremely slow in moving, complained about his wages and asked for a bonus more than once. They were un-organized (packed my patio furniture in the middle of my home items) smelled of booze and pot. When they arrived at my new home they opened the truck and everything had fallen over inside. My 1920's Victorian sofa wasn't wrapped or covered and was ripped during the move, it seemed as if they couldn't care less, even customer service when I called fluffed me off. I've now come to realize that a side table that belonged to my deceased Grandmother has been taken by them as well ( I saw it on my moving day at my old home and is no where to be found now, after searching for 3 days). I've called multiple times today and keep getting a run around, no phone calls back (like promised) and by the tone of a guy named Paul I seem to be annoying him! I have no idea how this company got a Customer Service award! I paid a small fortune to have my items moved down the street, and am now missing a table that was extremely sentimental to me. Not to mention I had to help move my items as well. I wasn't given an opportunity to look inside the truck at the end of the move, the guys rushed me along saying they had another job to get to. I will never suggest this company to anyone and will be escalating this to the media. I paid a company to take and damage my furniture. You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Sorry to hear that, mam, but certain details of this review are not true. We do apologize for our crew and their complaining about the job, and we do understand your concerns about their appearance, however it was a hot humid day and all of the guys worked very hard, (as it is peak moving season) more than anyone else, which makes complicated to maintain the appearance standards all the time during the hot day!
Also, your table(Victorian sofa) was returned the next day (it was not left in our truck intentionally - we highly value our customer's belongings) and our manager actually tried so hard to communicate with you to ensure everything is clear and to assist you with all your needs. Unfortunately, it looks like more miscommunication during your correspondence with us. Again, please do reach us out to discuss this further, if you still have concerns. We are always open to people and their requests and prioritize transparency with our clients.
Take care, Metropolitan Movers

zevhpt in Vaughan
zevhpt in Vaughan

Quick and efficient

The guys were great, went the extra mile to ensure everything was done properly. I would definitely recommend them to family and friends and anyone looking to have a smooth move.

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate your time and looking forward to serving you again! Feel free to reach us for any moving inquiry and we will be happy to assist you with that!
Kind Regards, Metropolitan Movers

Christie in Vaughan
Christie in Vaughan

Amazing crew, best moving experience!

The crew from Metroplitan Movers was amazing! Our move was a big job and they were tireless throughout the day. We were especially impressed with how they navigated a narrow staircase with large pieces. They didn’t give up and figured out how to get everything in. The guys were professional and respectful, and every single one of our items arrived in great shape. Can’t recommend these guys enough - they made what could have been a stressful day super easy and worry-free. Thank you!!

Thank you so much, Christie, for sharing your opinion. For us it is an absolute pleasure to help our customers with their move and making it a hassle-free and pleasant experience. We hope to see you and your friends again! Feel free to contact us anytime!

1 review Kitchener, ON

Move from Oakville to Kitchener

Metropolitan Movers were very prompt in their move. The move took roughly about 6 hours to complete. It was quick and easy.

The one complaint I would have is that we paid for 3 movers however only 1 of them was working hard. The one mover did 75% of the job by himself. I believe his name was Vlad. Very hard worker and extremely nice.

Would have given 5 stars if it had not been for that.

I would not pay for 3 movers if I used them again as I did not feel it was worth the 50 dollars per person. My girlfriend and I did more than the other 2 movers we were paying.

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us a feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience as expected. We will handle that issue on our end to ensure it won't happen again and all of our team members will be as productive and hardworking as Vlad.
Best Regards from Metropolitan Movers Team

INTLFurnishings/dspyridis
INTLFurnishings/dspyridis

Office Furniture Moving

What a fantastic company to work with!!! From the moment they (3 males) walked into our office, they were very helpful, personable and GREAT to work with. They were very quick, precise and the personalities were wonderful!!! They quoted us based on a time window and they successfully completed within that time frame. They handled each piece of furniture and office equipment carefully. Though we have no intention in moving locations now for a long time, we would highly recommend them to anyone! Though we cannot recall the name of the 3rd person, we received EXCELLENT service from Eric, Nishant and their 3rd. We would all like to extend our THANKS to you all again!!!! WOW!

Thank you so much for giving us this outstanding feedback! We always strive to deliver great experiences consistently, either it's residential or office move. We will pass your kind words to Eric and a team to let them know how great they did and for keeping up a good work. Once again, we appreciate your opinion and looking forward to serving you again with the best possible deals and options we might have!
Sincerely, Metropolitan Movers Team

Pasha in Richmond Hill
Pasha in Richmond Hill

Metropolitan Movers, moving services and storage

If your experience moving issues, Metropolitan Movers will demand more money and deny access to your property. They demand extra payment (ransom) not disclosed previously to access your property. look for other alternatives if possible

Hi, Please Provide with order ID so we will look into that

margotvansluytman44
margotvansluytman44

Home Moving.

Absolutely amazing! Wonderfully professional. Extremely careful with all of our treasures. Truly delightful energy in the process of doing such hard work. Bravo! And thank you so very much.

Margot.

Thank you so much, Margot, for these kind words. We always appreciate customers feedback, which helps us to improve our way of doing business. Please feel free to contact us anytime in the future, we look forward to serving you again!

More about Metropolitan Movers

Whatever your requirements for a moving job, you can find what you need through the professional services available at Metropolitan Movers. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.