Norwood General Contracting

Reviews for Norwood General Contracting

Trevor in Toronto
Trevor in Toronto

Front porch & waterproofing

I hired Norwood to replace a front porch and waterproof the front of my house. Rob and his team were true professionals in the work they did and made sure that the little extras were done that most would overlook. The job was done well, on time and on budget. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Thanks for the review Trevor. We're glad to hear everything was satisfactory, it was a pleasure working with you as well.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Kitchen restoration for main floor and basement

I had over 7 companies come assess our situation and Rob was the most trustworthy. The work he did was extremely diligent and he always put our best interest first to do the right thing for a fair price. I noticed this on several examples throughout the job. We had a super stressful situation where my pregnant wife is less than 20 days away from delivering and we experienced a very serious kitchen pipe crack and leak that caused mold and rotting of subfloor and wooden beams all the way from the main floor to basement. Rob paired up with the mold removal team as the restoration contractor specialist after the mold was removed. He was there since the beginning even before his job started to properly assess and plan it out with the mold removal team. Because of the position of the leak (behind upstairs kitchen wall, not visible), the rotting was very serious and required the main floor kitchen and basement kitchen be removed, walls removed from kitchen upstairs and basement, ceiling in basement removed, joists removed, and support beams reenforced, then everything patched up, dry wall, paint, lighting, covers etc, and kitchen reattached. Although the basement work was pretty intense, Rob was experienced enough to not overcomplicate the upstairs kitchen work. He always did what was safe and effective, did not blow up the work to crazy proportions like some other folks who came in. I'm really glad we found Rob! If you're looking for someone who will truly care about what's best for you as the homeowner, and someone who doesn't cut corners or make excuses, is trustworthy and follows through, call up Rob.

Thanks for the review, Jonathan! It was definitely a stressful situation especially with the pregnancy but we're glad we could get it all back to normal for you without damage to the cabinets in your kitchen. It was a pleasure working with you

Mark f.
Mark f.

Full kitchen renovation.

We hired Rob to renovate our Kitchen in our Leaside home. We assumed it would not be an easy job as the home was built in 1930 and the kitchen looked like it was original. To complicate matters, we had a deadline which needed this job done before Christmas 2017. The appliances were delayed and therefore so was the start date. What Rob and Andrew accomplished within the remaining two weeks could hardly be believed. The renovation included cabinets, appliance installation, new tiled floors and backsplash, new lighting, new electrical, plumbing, trim and paint. The house had a few surprises for us but the quote was not adjusted and they worked late many nights so we could have our new kitchen for Christmas.
I intend to continue working with Rob’s company on main floor renovation, bathroom and master bedroom renovation this year.
Pleasant fellows, good team, on time and on budget. I highly recommend him for any home renovations.

Even we might have been a little surprised we pulled it off but glad everything worked out in the end! Thanks for the review Mark, looking forward to the next phase....

Jason in Toronto
Jason in Toronto

DECK BUILD & INTERIOR RENNOVATIONS

Rob and his team were friendly and always kept me posted on the job status. He wanted to make sure I got a fair price for the work which was nice. The deck EXCEEDED my expectations with every attention to detail. I was blown away by the finishing touches. Rob had great taste and recommendations for the design and functionality of the deck. Rob even hand-picked each deck board to make sure it was of the best quality.
As for the interior, I had ripped apart the main floor and started with another contractor initially - Rob was tasked with finishing the job and correcting mistakes. I had read here on HomeStars that Rob had done this before for others and their reviews were accurate - I know this isn't the easiest type of job. Rob went above and beyond and made excellent suggestions - suggesting where we could save money and the best ways to get things done. He was open to ideas and always willing to try something out. His team were very friendly and easy to work with - it's not always easy working around someone's current living space. They were very clean and the quality of work was excellent. I will hire Rob and his team again when I have more money to do my basement and my upstairs.

Thanks for the review Jason! More than happy to help and we'll be looking forward to working with you again on the rest of the house.

Len in Toronto
Len in Toronto

Interior Trim/Doors and Deck

I hired Rob from Norwood to install doors and trim in my house and I was so impressed with the craftsmanship I had to ask them to build a deck as well. Everything was done with care. I couldn't be happier and would recommend them to anyone!

Thanks Len and glad you're so happy with everything we did!

Andrea in Vaughan
Andrea in Vaughan
1 review , ON

Kitchen Renovation and Addition

I had started a renovation with another company and had a horrible time dealing with them and lost money in the process as well, only reaching the drywall stage. I found Norwood General Contracting and had Rob check out what had been done and give me a price to fix any issues he found with the previous contractor's work (there was enough) and finish the renovation as it should have been done from the start. I only wish I hired them to begin with, I would have saved myself a lot of stress! The difference was night and day, they were respectful, clean, and very skilled. I am extremely happy with everything they have done, especially after the experience beforehand. Thank you!

Very welcome! It was definitely a good choice to move on and find someone else and I'm glad it was us that could help you through it and turn it into a positive experience.

More about Norwood General Contracting

We are a company with quality experience in the construction and renovation field. Our experience spans every aspect of renovating or building a house from a hole in the ground to a finished product. We work with values, morals and mutual respect and treat every project the same, no matter the size. We keep a small network of subtrades and workers that we know and trust so we can be sure that whoever we bring into your home is on the same page when it comes to the way we work. We take pride in our work and put quality first in everything we do, never rush or cut corners in any way, your home is a huge investment and with us it will be treated as such. We will work with your ideas, your budget and your schedule to come up with the best solution to turn your dreams into reality in the most efficient, non-invasive manner possible, and do our best to make sure that it does not look like an add-on or fix, but blends with existing styles to look as if it was always there. Our relationship with new clients or repeat customers is as important as the work we do or the money we charge to do it, and customer satisfaction is always a priority, as well as making sure that everything we do is compliant with the latest building codes and regulations. Contact with a brief description of what you have in mind, and we will get back to you to come out and give a FREE ESTIMATE whenever it meets your schedule. We accept work in and around the GTA and are looking forward to working with you on your next project.

Our services include, but are not limited to:

-Framing, Backframing, Concrete Forming and Finishing
-Drywall installation, Taping, Mudding and Repairs
-Installation of Trim, Crown Mouldings, Baseboards, Casings, Wainscotting, or any type of Custom Woodworking
-Coffered Ceilings, Archways, Decorative or Structural Posts and Beams
-Installation of Doors, Windows, and all associated Trim and Hardware, interior or exterior
-Kitchens, Bathrooms, along with Tiling of Floors, Walls and Ceilings
-Hardwood Flooring, Engineered, Laminate, and many other types of flooring
-Fences, Decks, Sheds, or any other outdoor Carpentry in any material
-Roofing, whether a small repair or a complete redo or new construction, shingles, flat, rubber, or any standard roofing material or membrane, all done to todays standards and building codes
-Welding and Fabrication whether artistic or simply structural
-Complete Basements, Additions or Renovations including all of the above