Appliance Repair Guys

Appliance Repair
Appliance Repair Guys

Reviews for Appliance Repair Guys

Terrible Service re: GE Washing Machine

Never use this company. Stay away. Like some of the other reviewers, I paid $280 plus tax for a 45 min service call, and my washing machine still doesn't work. Someone should do an investigative piece on this company. Clearly, the company tells people who call in for service that the cost is $80 for a technician to make a house call, and if parts and more labour is required, then the $80 is rolled into the new fee. The guy who came ran some diagnostics, and ran the bill up to $280. Then he said we needed parts that would have pushed the repair bill way over $500. At that point we said, no thanks, and sent him away. I am so sorry to have made the mistake to use this company. I, too, am going to call the Better Business bureau and file a complaint.

Justin in Vaughan
Justin in Vaughan

Refrigerator Repair

This company is an absoluate joke and the texhnicians they have working for them have ZERO qualifications. I am a Red Seal Refrigeration Mechanic, my father had this company come out to diagnose their refrigerator failure, I happened to be working out of town at the time. The “technician” was there for barely an hour, charged $300 for, what I could tell was nothing judging by the vaguely written work order, and the problem still was not fixed. The problem was with the defrost time clock and a control associated with it, I diagnosed it when I returned from my work trip. The technician didn’t even bother checking defrost operation even after seeing the evaporator had been iced up excessively. Moral of this story is DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Katerina in Toronto
Katerina in Toronto

Broken Microwave

It's unfortunate that I didn't read these reviews and the ones on google before I called the company. I actually think these people have no skills in repair whatsoever, they just take your money, pretend to do something, and leave.

They came and 'installed' 2 switches on my microwave, for this I was charged $340. I asked how much a new microwave would be, to which he responded $800-1200. This is my mistake, I should have looked on google first as a brand new replacement unit costs $340.

After calling and complaining, they sent someone back 10 days later, who told me it would be another $370 to 'repair' the unit. Obviously, I'm not totally insane to fall for it a second time but now I'm out $340 and I have to pay another $340 for a new microwave. I'm so frustrated and I wish there was more I could do, they really need to be shut down. Please do not hire them.

Mike from Burlington
Mike from Burlington
4 reviews Burlington, ON

LG Dishwasher Repair - RIp off

OK - Dishwasher leaked all over the floor and Appliance Repair Guys came out same day where an authorized LG service company could not. The invoice says "Service the circulation system - $172 ; draining system - $98 and water hose - $70 for a total of $280 plus tax. The guy said mice had caused the problems without explaining or showing me what he had found. Months later it leaked again and I discovered the leak was caused by a large hole chewed in the rubber water supply hose and their "fix" to the water hose was to use a piece of plastic pipe inserted into the hose and then wrap the hose in black tape. That's it. They are not authorized to get LG parts so this was their fix. Total rip off.

Steve Tambosso from Markham
Steve Tambosso from Markham

Dishwasher service disaster

An $80 service call fee paid in advance is standard across the board for a technician to show up, but this technician walked into my house without a tool box (!) and diagnosed the problem within ten seconds as "the main control board". He said it was common for this brand and machine. Then I was informed that for him to fix it I must sign a work order and pay another $280 in advance plus part cost. I asked him what the part cost and he didn't know, and when I reminded him that he had already stated that this was a "common problem" with this machine and therefore he must surely have fixed it many times and have at least some idea of what the part cost he still refused to even give me a ball park figure. I paid the additional fee because it was either that or I'm out $80 and still have a broken machine. He stated he would call the next day with the part cost. He didn't. He didn't call the next day either, or the next. I finally called on the Friday and the "parts department" at this place told me the cost of the "main control board" was over $700. The entire machine was $660 brand new. Needless to say, no one is going to pay that for this part and they know it. They don't want you to pay for it anyway. They want you to walk away and then they have $360 of your money for doing nothing and you still have a broken machine. I phoned VISA and got my $280 back but they still have the $80. I had another company come and fix the machine. It was a faulty temperature gauge. Total repair with parts, labour and tax was $150. This is not a legitimate repair company.

KMo in Markham
KMo in Markham

Dishwasher now working. Yea!

Igor fixed my dishwasher It was only the food trap and he was out in just a half an hour. Fast, clean and complete. Very polite too. Only $375!! What a bargain!!!

AvergeGuy in Halton Hills
AvergeGuy in Halton Hills
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Bosch Washing Machine Swindle

had the Appliance Repair Guys come in to fix my Bosch washing machine. First, I should have read the reviews. Also, check them out on the Better Business Bureau. Second, technican was there for just over an hour and did nothing except charge us $362 and tell us we needed a $1000 part. I don't mind paying for work rendered but I feel like I was just taken. Had to pay up front, big mistake. IN FACT, HE DIAGNOSED OUR PROBLEM AND CHARGED US BEFORE HE EVEN LOOKED AT THE MACHINE. Really, who does that? And look at the photo of the bill. They charged us for an drum alignment when our whole drum assembly needed replacing. Now why would you align a broken drum anyway. To top it off, the technican snuck out. We turned around and he was gone. Guess he couldn't look the people in the eye knowing what he'd done.

Sam
Sam
1 review Ajax, ON

Fridge and Range Repair

I should have read the reviews before calling them. Since I had an LG fridge and most other repair guys won't repair LG, I called Appliance Repair Guys. The technician checked the fridge first and said the compressor is faulty, and will cost $1500 to change. Then he checked the Electric Range and gave a quote of $585+tax to change one burner. He seemed to have no idea about fixing any of these appliances. So, after he left, I called LG service, and they came after few days and said compressor is absolutely fine, but the gas has leaked, and he'll replace with a new fridge free. And I got another quote from somebody else for the electric range repair, and that turned out only $200. These guys are absolute waste of time and money.

jo in Brampton
jo in Brampton

Dryer Element Repair

WFJ

Consumer beware. Had them out today $80 for a service call seemed reasonable given if they repair they waive the charge.....BUT this guy showed up measure the output of the mainboard which I had already done and that was it said it was the main board, I've worked in the electronics industry for 35 years, Its not the main board its the heating element I stated. He said it was $320 to repair and funny enough had the paper work already filled out in the car I guess... We opened the dryer up measured the heating element SURPRISE the element was open. Then he stated he needed $140 for the element...what choice do you have the appliance in pieces you already signed for $320. So at the end $525 to fix the dryer took 35 mins and I should have done it myself but I'm getting on in age with a back issue, DO NOT CALL THESE GUYS for every good review on their web site there are 15 reviews like mine....

Debby d.
Debby d.

Dishwasher Repair

Probably the worst service I have experienced. After charging $80 for a visit, and sending the parts in for us to install, the dishwasher still leaked. SIX calls later, finally got a call back from the technician to suggest more parts. Final and eighth call to the company today, nearly one month after starting this ordeal, no parts ordered, dishwasher still leaking, $160 spent and a lot of attitude . My suggestion... use someone smaller who wants your business.