Merry Maids Of Orangeville

Review for Merry Maids Of Orangeville

gigigirl in Shelburne
gigigirl in Shelburne
1 review Shelburne, ON

absolute worst experience ever, worst customer service, & damaged our new hardwood floor

Wow, where do I begin!! They damaged our brand new hardwood floor, one cleaned knocked a metal step stool over, even with 3 witnesses, one which was their staff member. At the time, the Merry Maid person said it fell on the ceramic floor, then later denied it completely to the office. When I called and spoke to Michael at the office to complain, instead of listening to my story, he challenged me on the phone for 45 min! There was no denying it given the obvious facts..The franchise owner Jamie came over to speak to me about it, and look at the floor. He made an excuse for Michael's behaviour with me on the phone. I showed Jamie the dents in the floor, and how the ladder bolts perfectly lined up with the dents on the floor. He offered 2 complimentary cleaning services in
compensation for the damage. I followed up, and at a later date, he sent 2 different staff members back to complete the original cleaning job which the original 2 did not have enough time to finish. On that date, a non detailed receipt was left for us for the amount of $900.00!!! We have been asking for a detailed receipt for months (January to May 2018) from Jamie, still no receipt detailing the charges to explain exactly why this amt is so high. I contacted the head office on April 20, spoke to Kelsey. I was promised she would arrange to get this from Jamie immediately. She called back same day, she spoke to him, he was going to arrange to send it.
It's May 3, still no receipt. $900.00 for 7 hours of work! What a horrible experience this has been, everything from horrendous customer service,
to being totally ripped off, and left with a damaged floor. Clearly very unethical business practice.
later date