Rather Be Plumbing

DARRYL in Victoria
DARRYL in Victoria
1 review Victoria, BC

VARIOUS PLUMBING ISSUES IN MY 4PLEX

The BEST plumber I have ever had in my life. Jerrod is friendly, resonably priced and is focused when he arrives and works to get the job done properly and efficiently. I have had horrible experiences with some of the larger companies in Victoria and after my experience with Jarrod I will never look anywhere else. He is a two man operation currently so you may have to wait a few days for him to get to you, but he is worth the wait.

1 review Saanichton, BC

tap tightening

Hidden fees and bad service! I picked this business because they charged less than other plumbers, but that was a mistake. It turned out that they have hidden fees: they charged me 15 minutes travel time, plus a $5 fuel surcharge. They didn't disclose those fees when I booked the appointment. Then, the appointment was scheduled between 8:00 and 9:00, but the plumber arrived at 9:15. I had to call the business to tell them that I have an appointment, as they didn't bother to let me know they will be late. The plumber was very disorganized. He had to go four times to his car, wasting time back and forth. I told him that he needed to finish in an hour, because of an appointment. He rushed the job. He gave me the invoice and he wrote that there is no guarantee of the work because he had to finish in an hour. But all he had to do is tighten a tap and flush the drain. He only flushed the drain partially. I understand it's no guarantee for this, but it's weird that there is no guarantee for tightening the tap either. He didn't even want to put silicone to seal it. Anyways, I was tricked by this business. Next time, I will better choose a more reputable business. Instead of "Rather Be Plumbing", I would say: "rather be somebody else".

Unfortunately we ran into this customer , after she called every company in town checking prices , she discovered our prices were the best. she only wanted to pay $65 to have her drain power snaked and cleared along with her loose taps tightened. To do this job the customer was told by the plumber he could not get all of this work done with in a hour. He had to re-pipe under her sink to get the drain working properly, clear a blocked drain and tighten her faucet. She was frustrated that he could not get all of this work done with in a hour, and would not pay for him to stay any longer then 1hr.
So he did what he could in 1hr.
She was upset he had to make a few trips to the van? The plumber could only carry so much in 1 trip. He showed up with the augar vacuum and drop cloth 1st trip and discovered he was going to end up re piping the drain second trip and need more tools , fittings and pipe from his van, I don't see a problem here. She states we have hidden charges It is standard in the industry to charge travel time "we are bringing a service to you" how it work with our company is quite fair. When the plumber starts driving to the job the clock starts
And from then on we charge quarterly for example: if the plumber was there 1hr and fifteen minutes that's what we charge you for 1.25hrs. This customer had unrealistic standards and was looking to rip us off.
She has since been black listed

In summary She should have let the plumber spend the time he needed to get the job done properly instead of rushing him out the door so she didn't have to pay over 1hr for the call