Blackstone General Contractors

Blackstone General Contractors

Reviews for Blackstone General Contractors

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Ceramic Tile Installation

This is the 2nd time we used Blackstone for one of our reno services, and that's why we hired them again for this project. Very impressed with the professionalism, and the overall attention to detail with the job. The contracting team arrived on time, worked tirelessly until their part of the project was completed. The end result was a beautiful floor that we can now enjoy. The process of working with Blackstone from the quote, to keeping in touch about the next steps to the conclusion was fantastic. We wouldn't hesitate to hire and recommend them again.

Thank you ! It was our pleasure.

Joan Bedard in Toronto
Joan Bedard in Toronto

Renovate kitchen and powder room

Working with Abdul and his team has been a pleasure from start to finish. From planning to scheduling to execution, we were listened to, kept well informed and encouraged to bring any concerns to their attention, which were dealt with promptly . Despite COVID restrictions we felt safe. We would definitely recommend Blackstone and their sub-trades for any future projects

Thank you Joan !

Patricia in Toronto
Patricia in Toronto

Kitchen Reno .

I had literally put off renovating my dated kitchen for ten years as I did not want the problems that always seem to be associated with renovations .Had I known how seamless Abdul and his wonderful team would have made this I would have done it immediately . All the ‘trades’ arrived on time with full knowledge of the job and invaluable input as to the various choices we had to make. The communication with Blackstone was second to none , I worked closely with the wonderful Mouna who contacted me daily by text ( my choice) to confirm exactly what was happening and who was coming that day . Everyone involved wore masks and followed proper protocol at all times . My kitchen is gorgeous , the price was under budget and it was completed in a timely fashion . I would not hesitate to use Blacksone again .

Thank you Patricia ! It was our pleasure.

SupermanMikail in Toronto

-build storage compartments
-install and reroute electrical

Schedule:
-I was quoted 3 weeks, 4 weeks max
-actual timeline is 9 weeks and counting; I am still waiting for a couple items to be completed

I am giving Blackstone General Contractors 3 of 5 stars on satisfaction because the final product of workmanship fairs average among the industry; however, falls short of fully delivering a finished and polished product.

For example:
-the closet installed has visible wood chipped away
-the tile edge purchased was not installed as directed
-storage compartments were left without handles/closures until I raised the issue
-cleaning after the project was not done; I had to do it myself

Further to the examples above, there were many shortcomings and disappointments in the execution of the project such as:
-the plumbing lines were mixed causing $2k in damages
-the fire alarm was installed incorrectly and left ringing until I came home from work at 7pm; I had to call the company and they suggested that I clean it with a vacuum
-the niche, baseboard and tile edge were forgotten to be installed; I had to get involved to solution these problems
-the project was continuously delayed until I wrote a formal complaint; the first 8 days of the project there was 1 person for 1 hour only; other days, no one would show up; or show up late
-there were constant excuses about not having the right resources available
-Blackstone attempted to charge for scope that was already paid for, so I used my receipts as evidence
-After the problems persisted, I requested to have written record of which tradespeople were coming and for how long; Blackstone refused to provide this information

For the reasons above, I would not recommend Blackstone General Contractors. The experience was a complete disappointment and mistakes were made repeatedly. There are better companies to choose from.

Wayne
Wayne

Kitchen, bathroom and livingroom floor

Blackstone General Contractors has been there for each time I reached out to them. Exceptional, polite, professiinal and knowledgeable from the owner to project manager, customer reps and skilled labour. Friends and family have all stopped and taken second looks with very positive feedback every time. Value is excellent and questions or concerns are met with amazing responses. They always put me first and that is why they are the first I call for every project!!

Thank you kindly Wayne.

GoddessIntl in Toronto
GoddessIntl in Toronto

Kitchen renovation

My kitchen renovation was booked through Lowe's. Blackstone is the company that did the renovations, and they were brilliant. Professional, helpful, and the work was top quality. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with the customer service and the end product.

Thank you so much for the review.

More about Blackstone General Contractors

We bring you the skilled tradespeople you need to make your vision a reality With more than 20 years of industry experience, I have worked with major builders and vendors such as Ballantry Homes, Mattamy Homes, Heathwood Homes, Kraftmaid Cabinetry, and Masterbrand Cabinets. I believe in bringing the highest level ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Richmond Hill?