ONE94

Tile & Stone Contractors

Reviews for ONE94

Reviews are misleading

I left a previous positive review that I am rescinding. Those reviews that state that Spencer leaves the work site clean are wrong. My second job with Spencer was basic tile work for which he left the job site a mess with mortar on the faucets, dirt on the floor, didn't even use a drop cloth for one room and God knows if he would have used one over the wet bar (my wife laid one down as she saw he was not using one and we just installed a $2K counter). The basement is new including the floor but not once did Spencer ask or remove his shoes. Cut out for the electrical was inaccurate and I occupied my Sunday fixing it. I guess this is just par for the course in the GTA as there is much too much work and not enough qualified trades or contractors. Won't be doing any renos for the near future as this town is a wreak with incompetence. If you can't do it yourself - don't bother.

Hi Chris, we’re very sorry to hear your last experience with us wasn’t as exceptional as the first. We would’ve loved the opportunity to correct any issues you had with the work, if had we been contacted and informed of the issues at hand.

In an effort to keep the job as clean as possible, we laid out cardboard to cover and protect the Laundry Room counter while the work was being done.

Before completing the first backsplash, your wife was kind enough to lay out a drop sheet on the Bar counter which was much appreciated and utilized once we started the second backsplash.

After the installation and grouting was completed, we made sure to sweep up and wipe the down the floors and counters.

As with any tile installation a minor amount of dust may be left behind on the surrounding surfaces (a by-product of fresh grout), and can easily be confused with being mortar or grout to the untrained eye. However as this is only a thin layer of dust, a quick wipe down the next day once the grout is dry will eliminate this. We always make sure to explain this to the homeowner so as not to cause any unnecessary concerns, as was done with your wife at the end of the day.

In regards to the electrical cut-outs, we would’ve been more than happy to come out and adjust the openings, had we been informed the openings weren’t quite large enough.

Again we’re very sorry this last experience wasn’t as good as the first, and we’ll use this as a way to improve our service for future work. Please feel free to contact us if you have other questions or concerns.

Fireplace Ledgestone

Spencer did a wonderful with our ledgestone fireplace surround when my contractor couldn't find a qualified trade person.

I would highly recommend Spencer and will call upon him for any future work.

Thanks Chris for a great review! It was a pleasure working with you, and we're glad we could be of assistance in completing your new space. We look forward to working with you in the future! Thanks again!

ryan.borkowski
ryan.borkowski

New floor and wall tile

I am also a contractor who is also listed on Homestars and have found it to be a great way to find great people to work with. Spencer was incredibly professional and knowledgeable in regards to giving me options for my new bathrooms. I was at the house working at the same time he was doing the work and could see that he had cut no corners and took pride in his work. The bathrooms both look great and I will be using spencer again with future projects.

Hi Ryan, thanks for an amazing review! Working with you was a pleasure. We're glad we could be a part of making your renovation a success, and we look forward to working with you on future projects!

Sam
Sam

Tile installation

I've hired ONE94 several times in the past. Spencer is very meticulous and clean with his work and has always been very knowledgeable with the latest installation methods and styles. This job was no exception. He installed some very large tiles for us and it looks great! Would definitely recommend!

Hi Sam! Thanks for a great review! I'm glad you liked our work and I hope we can do further work for you in the future.
Thanks again,
Spencer

justin
justin
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Bathroom renovation, tile work

Very clean work site and meticulously laid tiles. Great job all around and would definately recommend.

Thanks Justin for a great review! We're happy we could be a part of making that project a success!

More about ONE94

Three generations of Commitment, Passion, and Experience are what form the backbone of ONE94. Coming from a strong Italian heritage in stone and tile, Spencer quickly developed a real passion for construction and design. After being fully trained in stone and tile by his father, grandfather, and uncle, Spencer made ...