Acadian Carpet Sales & Service

Floor Laying & Refinishing
Markham ON L3R 3L4
HomeStars  >  Floor Laying & Refinishing in Markham  >  Acadian Carpet Sales & Service

Review for Acadian Carpet Sales & Service

Lingster
Lingster

Replace flooring

Acadian was referred to us via DKI Foley Restoration. They replaced flooring for two floors. The sales reps who came out to take measurements and provide a quote were very easy to work with. They came by with samples and we chose a rustic grey laminate flooring that is just over 1/2" thick. Extremely durable and looks just like hardwood only without the maintenance.

The job started on time. The main floor was completed in one day and the second floor in 2 days. Initially we were not happy with the first group of installers as they refused to saw the wood outside because then they would have to go up and down the stairs. Instead they used a newly painted bedroom to cut the panels in (without protecting the walls or vents). They also cranked the bedroom window as wide as they could and this irked me because it was December and I had the heat on. When I asked them to not saw in the room, I was ignored(!). I then called our project manager and after a few words with them, they moved the saw outside.

Subsequently, we had to have Acadian return to amend the flooring for 3 separate rooms because the boards had either buckled or broke apart. This was caused by the floors being too snug. The installers tried to blame this on our baseboards (?). But once they amended the flooring, all was good.

Notwithstanding the above 2 incidents, I have to say the workmanship was good. The floors look beautiful and we get so many compliments on them. Pricing was not the least expensive but quality in materials and workmanship is bar none. As well, follow up support was excellent. I highly recommend Acadian Carpet Sales & Service (not to be confused with another company with a similar name).

Review has 2 previous versions