STANDARD HOME IMPROVEMENT

Nancy in Richmond Hill
Nancy in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Basement and deck

Actually spent a lot of time getting quotes Standard was recommended to me by a colleague that had their kitchen done. I met with Dan he got back to me within the week with some drawings.

In April they started my basement and they finished in mid may. I requested they not work weekends and evenings as I have young children. They explained this would add a week to the project. I agreed it did end up taking 2 weeks longer than expected which I was fine with. They finished third week of May. Me and my husband were both really with the craftsmanship and service. It's really nice to have the extra space for our kids when they have friends over.

I called Dan back in July to ask him about building a deck in the back as we had discussed this when he was there. We met he provided me a few options I went with the cedar we decided on a pergola as well. He was booked till September we called him back project didn't start till October which I wasn't thrilled about. Anyway Franz and Dan finished the job on the 22 and it looks amazing. He told me not to stain it till the spring summer. I was sceptical but after reading some forums he made the right call.

Highly recommend this company maybe not the fastest but definitely high quality work and service. I've posted a couple picks below.

jasch in North York
jasch in North York

Bathroom Reno

Re-tiled our shower and floor in our upstairs bathroom.

Dan was extremely messy, and left our place looking terrible. He left tile glue on the walls, and all down the stairs. Whoever he hired to take up the old tile floor put a hole in our wall (which they patched), but also spilled drywall spackle all through the condo hallway and just left it there.

As for the actual work...Floor tiles weren't cut square and were laid unevenly on the floor leaving sharp points sticking up on corners. The shower tiles aren't even or spaced properly, and the grouting is brutal. We paid for him to replace the door frame and he just didn't do it.

When I told him that we didn't want to pay the quoted price because he didn't finish the job, and what did do wasn't even good, he said he would put a lien on the property, essentially holding us hostage.

Do yourself a favour and think twice before hiring this company.

LorieKing in Toronto
LorieKing in Toronto

bathroom

Messy & disorganized contractor. Damaged new tub, porcelain wall tiles not cut or spaced right; floor tiles are not spaced properly and laid uneven; tub feet not supported on the floor, framing wrong. Did a bad job on drywall, improperly taped and uneven.

jack a.
jack a.

new bathroom install

thorough work, on time & on budget : would highly recommend this gruop / very detaled / nicely finished

amber.langille85
amber.langille85

Built a Washroom in My Basement

I contacted Standard Home Improvement because I was renovating my basement and wanted a washroom built in it. They did fantastic work. It looks better then I ever imagined it would. It is spacious, has a beautiful spa shower, with amazing tile work. My shower even has a bench! They were very professional and completed the work quickly. I am very happy with the service they provided and would recommend them to anyone looking for affordable, yet good quality work. I am going to be contacting them in the near future for another project, I have in mind.

Thanks Amber pleasure looking after you and your family.