Excellent service. The tech on the phone walked me through the whole process of setting up the system and recommending placement of the various sensors. Very patient and knowledgeable. System is pretty user friendly. I like that I can add users to the app and they log in under their name and not mine. Very economical system that is easily half the cost of other alarm systems.
Thanks for the review. We appreciate it.
Called think protection customer service call was answered right away by marc great person to talk to explained my house he recommended the alarm system I would need plus I added a few extras this was a no pressure call fantastic c company to deal with can't wait to get my alarm system later today thanks again marc
Thanks for the review. We appreciate it.
All is working in order, they quickly call you in the event of an alarm. Was super surprised to know that the smoke detector is monitored 24/7 even if your system is not armed!
Thank you for the review.
Easy to Install Home Security System. We mostly use the iPhone App to arm/disarm (seems to be the case for most users due to Main Pad issue, slow response, GUI, etc).
Overall happy with the system so far. Much cheaper than Alarm Force. App is very useful as is the remote which came as a bonus. We may think about adding a camera at a later date.
Thanks for the review Dragan. If you'd like information on our cameras please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
In short, this is a cheap second-rate system designed with cost in mind over security. It is highly flaky in a number of areas:
1) Main Pad - For starters, it is several generations behind. The screen is monochrome and very slow to respond. It is literally, and quite comically, about the same size and interface as a 1991 Nintendo GameBoy. The response times are so slow that we only bother to use the mobile app. Not having a pretty interface is one thing, but being unfunctionally slow is another and it renders the pad nearly useless.
2) Mobile App - It requires several attempts to arm or disarm the system. On the first attempt, it always - always - either indicates the system is offline, or times out, or gives a password failure message, which requires waiting for up to a minute before retrying. This may not seem like a big deal at first, but when you are using this 2, 3, or 4 times a day, it gets extremely annoying.
2) Support - The support staff, while they often try their best, are extremely difficult to understand and on more than one occasion I have had to ask for someone else because it was just too difficult to interpret them. When you have a technical problem, especially a repeat problem and are already frustrated, an excessive language barrier only adds to the frustration. They also are unreliable at calling back in the indicated time frames. When you do express your frustration to them, they receive full marks for doling out meaningless copy-and-paste platitudes, but they are abysmal at actually resolving problems.
3) Sensors - In short, they are unreliable. They have a habit of un-sticking and falling on the floor which cause motion sensors to activate causing a false alert. More importantly, they also have a habit of losing WiFi connectivity or giving false readings. It is highly unsettling to be at work and seeing the system indicating your garage door is open, when in reality it isn't.
4) The end of the line for us was when after nearly a year of several calls and attempts to get a garage door sensor working, which they finally did fix, the technical team a couple of days later logged into our system and changed a setting without alerting me which caused the sensor to fail again, leaving us right back to square one. We weren't contacted or communicated with before hand, and quite frankly have lost all faith in this company as a result. It is one thing for the hardware to be faulty, but it is another for the company to be logging into our security system without our knowledge and changing settings.
I can accept that things don't always work perfectly, but this system has not actually been fully functioning for any extended period of time since we acquired it a year or so ago. The company has been infuriating to deal with from the very beginning and unfortunately despite our patience over the past year or so of using Think Protection, we have had to begin seeking another security system provider.
Every Think Protection alarm system comes with the most advanced equipment and software. Our cutting edge technology will always have the most current system upgrade pushed directly to it, so it’ll always provide the best protection. With ThinkHome full home automation capabilities, ThinkLink cellular backup and Thinkcam Video Surveillance, there’s no better home alarm system than Think Protection.