Paul Davis Of Kitchener-Waterloo

Nikki in Kitchener
Nikki in Kitchener
6 reviews Waterloo, ON

Mould removal entire basement

I recently purchased an older home in Waterloo. The Waterloo market is hot right now, and when I put in an offer, I found myself in multiple offers. I did not have a home inspection as a condition. I did however, 2 days after I took possession arranged for a home inspector to come. Initially he suspected I still had an oil tank buried on property, as he could see an abandoned oil line in cement floor basement. The basement walls were already strapped and insulated ready for drywall. This work was done by the previous owner. The home inspector asked if he could open up the wall in basement to see if the pipes were still there, and if so, there was a good chance I had a buried oil tank. Without hesitation, he opened up the wall, pulled back the insulation, good news... no pipes... therefore it must have been an interior unit... bad news... MOULD.... MOULD EVERYWHERE!!!! I immediately contacted Paul Davis at the recommendation of a friend... And let me tell you, I'm so glad I did. I called them. Spoke to somebody immediately. They arranged to have Brian the project manager come out within 2 days to assess the damage. He gave me a written estimate. His guys were prompt, tidy and courteous. They did a great job! Once all the insulation was removed, I learned I had EIGHT cracks in my foundation! Brian immediately recommended me to a crack repair specialist. The cracks are being filled as we speak. He also recommended a reputable insulation company and they will be spray foaming the basement. I also have a soffit issue and he recommended a roofing company and a mason to have foundation repointed. Brian is a wealth of knowledge and he is very personable. He responded to all my emails promptly and was very helpful throughout the process. He was a GOD SENT! I'm so glad I trusted Paul Davis! Highly recommend!